TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

^ It's probably one of my favorite movies, all because of the scene towards the end when Hit Girl, comes to save kick ass and big daddy, and the entire scene is in some strange strobe light because of some kind of weapon!

We went to the drive-in Friday night to see X-Men First Class and Pirates 4. Loved X-Men. There were, however, plot holes a-plenty in reference to the other movies, but all in all it was a solid showing in and of itself. Like many others here, I wasn't too impressed with Pirates. Out of all the pirates movies, only the first one really hooked me. This one, just like At World's End, was too convoluted and confusing. The story is boring, you never know who is on who's side, etc, etc. The mermaids were cool, but that's about it.

I saw X-Men: First Class a few days ago. It was really good. The best X-Men movie, the best Marvel movie, and probably the best Superhero movie outside of Nolan's Batman films. It does have a few flaws, and it has inconsistencies with the later movies, but as this is supposed to be a semi-reboot I looked past a lot of those.

^ eh, I felt like there were 2 separate movies in one movie. The kids were amazing and I could've watched a movie just on them. But I also could've watched a movie all about the alien.

Spoiler Alert

I wouldn't classify it as an alien movie because they don't go deep into its origins, and found the alien to be a little un-necessary. Over all I enjoyed it.

I went to see X-Men: First Class with my son on Saturday. We both really loved it. One of the best superhero movies out there along with Batman, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Superman II.

I watched Black Death on Netflix last night. Hmmm...still not sure what to think. It could have been two movies really. The end feels really tacked on. Almost as if they forgot about it until the last minute. Overall it was ok, nothing special.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit: Still holds up as one of the most brilliant films I have ever seen. It's everything you want from an animated movie... it's not necessarily a`kids film as there is some bad language and some content clearly made for adults, but is perfectly acceptable for most age ranges. Apart from that the concept and story are totally brilliant and Christopher Lloyd rocked it, as did the rest of the cast.

^ That's often an issue with me as well. Like I want to see terrible because it has a comically dark premise and I love Charlie Day and Jason Bateman... but I feel like it won't be good. The premise is great... but its produced by Brett Ratner, who I tend to think is just stupid in a lot of things, and I did not like xmen 3. It's also directed by the guy who made the crapfest 4 Christmases... which was terrible. I will probably see it... but I don't know what to expect as I love the premise, but this directors never done anything "dark" yet and he's got a less than stellar past. Also I don't really like Jennifer Anniston in most movies, but I may enjoy her in a supporting role as it goes against who she usually plays, so we'll see. A lot of it comes down to if it gets an R rating or not, because if it's pg13 it will not be nearly as dark as the movie seems like it should be.

X-Men: First Class - 8/10 much better than I was expecting. Didn't really like the dragonfly girl.

The Mechanic - 7/10 Not too bad, with a pretty good amount of action. I rented it on Netflix and this was the second time I saw it, not the best movie for re-watching.

Super 8 - 8/10 Monsters, Aliens, and sort of Goonies/Stand by Me.

Disclaimer: I usually like all movies except for romantic movies so my reviews are pretty useless.

Just came back from my first in-theater movie in nearly a year and a half: "Super 8." It could have been a really great "Goonies"-type movie, and it could have been a really great "Alien"-type movie, but unfortunately, they tried to cram both into one, and each one took away from the other. Without giving anything away, the ending seemed like someone said, "Crap, we only have about 10 minutes to wrap up both of these complex, emotional and sometimes convoluted plots. Um... let's just do it this way and hope no one notices all the unanswered questions and plot holes."

Like Tyler said, however, it did deliver more or less what it promised, and it certainly was nostalgic--my parents actually had the same coffee table during that time as the one in the main characters' living room. If they could have taken another hour or so and fully developed the ending, it could have been something special. Instead it's just another summer popcorn movie--and it's probably best if you don't think too much about it.

I'm a fan of JJ Abrams. I lovedddd Cloverfield, and I liked Super 8 even better.

-It was funny.

-It was sad.

-It was scary.

-It was violent!

-It was unpredictable.

Loved the characters, loved the story...it may not be the MOST original...but I haven't really seen ET so it was phenominal for me.

I went and saw Super 8 last night. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't really my type of movie. The characters were great, acting was good, alien was somewhat creepy, but I'm just not a fan of movies involving aliens. I'll give this a 7/10, but I'm guessing it would be an 8 or possibly even a 9 if I was more into that type of thing.

Green Lantern-

I liked it. There were two hang ups I just couldn't get over. The first, Ryan Reynolds? That was the best guy you could get? Not a bad actor in any sense, it's just that so many comedy roles kinds of make you stuck to one genre and people have a hard time seeing you as anything else. Second, I loved the story and the special effects, However I just couldn't get over the fact that they picked Green Lantern? I guess Warner Bros. freaked up Superman so much they just decided to put it on hold and start exploring other IP's. Overall I liked it though. I'd give it a 10/10.

P.S.

Power Ring totally makes Batman and his little gizmo gadgets look like a bitch.