TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most thrilling drop?

Maverick in the back. OMG!

Also X in the front row!

I've been on X a few times and never felt that "stomach in your throat" feeling, Anyone else agree?

I agree, but its a different kind of awesome. Like skydiving-esque.

Maverick (back) and X (front) for me as well.

I rode El Toro in the front, so i can't speak to its drop, but judging by the rest of the ride, i would assume its pretty awesome.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Man, those Moser drop rides pack a punch! But, I'm gonna have to agree with kraxleRIDAH, Perilous Plunge's drop is the only ride in existence whose drop actually scares the crap outta me. I've lost my stomach quite a few times on that one.

---Brent

Back in the day when it opened with only lap bars and seatbelts, the force going over that drop made it even that much more intense. Then of course, that fatty had to fly out...

The only ride that's ever made me feel like I was going to die was on X. First drop followed by that face first dive raven turn. Holey crap I wasn't ready for that at all.

What does "most thrilling" mean anyway? Kind of a vague term...

Millennium Force's drop is totally forceless and TTD is less than that!

I would say Silver Star.

I wouldn't go that far to say that MF's drop is forceless, because if you have your hands up you nearly blackout on that overbanked turn right after the drop.

But TTD doesn't give me that feeling at all, not even a little bit. I feel like I'm going to fall out on the downward spiral, but that "gut movin" feeling isn't there.

Now for my rankings...

1. Drop Towers - particularly Intamin 2nd Gen Free Fall Towers

2. Sheikra - WOW, just...WOW. A very close second.

3. Magnum XL-200 - back seat. Gotta love being whipped over that hill and pulled down that 200 ft drop.

1) X

2) Larson Drop Towers (I believe that I went on one at the Kansas State fair. I wasn't sure if it was Larson, but it had the big ball on top, so I thought it was.

3) Mosers are really cool. I went on a 25 ft. one it was a lot of fun! That will give you a GREAT stomach feeling!

I will be going on an Intamin Drop Tower in a couple weeks at Elitch Gardens, and it will be my first Intamin II Generation Freefall Tower. I went on Freefall at SFMM.

The top one on my list would have to be the SCAD tower at Wisconsin dells, it gets me every time. I don't know if it was just because I was the first one to go and the ride op didn't give me a countdown, but the drop felt soo long (long enough to question why I did it). Free falling 100+ft with nothing around you and not being able to see the net below certainly adds to the feeling as well.

Maverick in the back is also amazing.