TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Most thrilling drop?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may sound bizarre, but Demon Drop (a true 1st generation Free Fall) is the most gut wrenching drop; especially if it's the first ride of the day.

No silly air pushing you down or up, no cables, no thrust....just pure gravity as the floor comes out.

Too bad it's saying goodbye.

This may sound bizarre, but Demon Drop (a true 1st generation Free Fall) is the most gut wrenching drop; especially if it's the first ride of the day.

No silly air pushing you down or up, no cables, no thrust....just pure gravity as the floor comes out.

Wouldn't all intamin free falls 'fall' under that category?

Yeah, the original (I believe) 1st gen Intamin freefall, the aptly named Freefall at SFMM produces a feeling I don't think has been surpassed on any other ride I've been on. Which begs the question "is that it?"

The strongest stomach feeling is not on any roller coaster or any large drop tower but it is actually on the small Moser drop towers. For those of you that have been on one of these, you know what i'm talking about...I have never felt a stronger stomach than I have on this ride.

Three nominees:

Oh Zone!- ARM tower at Lake Winnie... it never pauses. It rises and then suddenly drops without warning.

Cyclops (back seat)- I think we've all heard the stories.

Legend (back seat)- it doesn't matter where you are sitting, that first drops curves over ridiculously quick. When you're in the back seat, you just get flung over it at crazy speed. It's terrifying.

Maverick in the back. OMG!

Also X in the front row!

I've been on X a few times and never felt that "stomach in your throat" feeling, Anyone else agree?

Wasn't talking about the "stomach in your throat" feeling. I was talking about the thrilling part, which is what the title of the thread is.

Mine would have to be Freefall at SFMM and the first drop on Canyon Blaster at Adventuredome. Both seem to give me that elusive "stomach feeling" everytime.

Also on Sky Coasters, I get it pretty much everytime on those as well.

I do notice that I used to feel it a lot more on rides when I was younger than I do now...why is that?