TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

I have had 3 different friends hit up hershey this week,they all have told me that the ride has a decent amount of downtime, but it's not extended, and the ride is only closed for maybe 15-20 mins. They all also agree that it is the best ride in the park, and a better coaster then Storm Runner.

I'm going Wednesday, I'm pumped!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really need to get out to Hershey soon! I'm itching to ride this. I have heard nothing but great things about the ride.

^ I just can't picture it being better than Storm Runner. Storm Runner is my favorite steel coaster and it's just behind El Toro on my list. But hey, I would love to see it happen!

4/5 of my friends have said that it's better. The other said that they are even. I'll let you guys know later this week which is better in my opinion . I also have Storm Runner as my favorite steel ride, but again it is over in 20 seconds, but again that's the best 20 seconds of you're life. We'll just wait and see how this stacks up. I've also heard Stormie has a case of the Intamin rattle this year, which will suck if that's true.

^I rode Storm Runner 3 time during Spring Time in the Park earlier this year. I rode twice in the front seat and once near the back of the train. Both of my front row rides were perfectly smooth. The one near the back I noticed there was a slight rattle at the bottom of the first drop. That was the only place I noticed anything and it was barely anything. Unless things have changed since then, I'm not going to buy that.

Have fun riding Fahrenheit and make sure you let us know how the ride is and how Storm Runner is.

I rode stormrunner 5 times, 3 in front and 2 in middle, on June 9 and felt no rattle at all, despite the fact that i broke down 3 times that day and they eventually just loaded riders on to the front half of the cars. Farenheit did however have a rattle after the cobra the last two times that I rode it.

Fahrenheit is definitely a better coaster than Storm Runner. Not that SR is bad, it's excellent. The launch is intense and smooth, the flying snake dive if my favorite element of ALL time. But while Fahrenheit lacks this, it makes up in negative droppiness, Norwegian loop scrumpciousness, the smoothest cobra I've ever been on and quite a bit of air time. The G's at the bottom of the Norwegian loop are fantastic as well. If I had my choice between the 2?

Fahrenheit--_Straight Up

Stucky, Norm and Scratch? How did they come up with the names and what do they have to do with Fahrenheit?

I wonder if it would be possible that the trains were each made to give each one a different riding experience?

All I can say is that I <3 beyond-vertical drops, and Fahrenheit as a whole. Very fast-paced ride that never got dull, and has a few surprising air spots, such as the bunny hop near the end of the ride. The norwegian loop is something that I'd like to see featured on future Intamin rides too.

Not a perfect 10, but still worth multiple rides and a trip to Hershey.

• 3 weeks later...

I checked out this coaster when I was at Hershey Park just last week. I think I had my expectations set a bit high, as I was a little disappointed with how small it seemed. Don't get me wrong though, it was still a fun ride and I had a great time on it. It was super smooth which is always a nice feature in a ride.

I'm still wondering if each train rides differently. It would make sense though. If one person rides in one train and says it's rough and another person rides in a different train and says it's smooth, it would support my theory.

Norm could mean that the trian rides "normally" or smooth. Stucky could mean that the trains are rougher. Scratch could mean that the train runs smoother than Stucky, but rougher than Norm. Could it be the wheels?

Rode Fahrenheit last Tuesday and have to say it lived up to my subpar expectations. The 97 degree drop was great and the airtime-hill finale were reminiscent of Maverick-esqe greatness, but the inversion-focused main course left a lot to be desired. Overall a solid addition to Hershey's lineup, but not a world-class Intamin by any stetch of the imagination

I think I'm in the minority, I don't really care for it to much. The airtime on the first drop is insane, and to me, is the only part of the ride worth while. I love Hershey, but I feel they missed the mark with this one.

It isn't as intense as Storm Runner, but i don't think it was designed to be as well. I think it was hyped up a little to much, but it is still just you're standard intamin looper if you take out the lift/drop. And there mighty fine if you ask me.

I like Fahrenheit better just because it seemed more fun to me, Storm Runner is quick and a intense ride but almost to fast to enjoy anything, Fahrenheit has massive air and a tons of inversions (something the park was probably looking for).

I'm just gonna say it was a little disappointing, the drop was great, and the pretzel loop was interesting...but other than those two moments the ride really lacked anything that "wowed" me

But I do give Hershey credit for the single rider line (that doesn't start like 3/4 through the queue line)

Glad to hear I'm not alone in the Less Than Impressed with Fahrenheit Club. The lift, drop, and Norwegian loop are terrific, but the layout is pretty uninspired after that. That, and my neck took a beating from the restraints during the tight turns at the end.

I tend to think Fahrenheit would be a better installation for a much smaller park. It's more akin to a Eurofighter than a major looper.

I'm also surprised so many people prefer Fahrenheit to Storm Runner. Cripes, Storm Runner became my new #1 after my visit in June, and I hadn't had a new #1 in four years and 70-some coasters. Maybe it's just the novelty factor?

I rode the ride. I had a good time. However, at the end I felt that there was something missing to the ride. If this ride was longer maybe faster and wasn't so damn unreliable, it could have been a great ride. Sorry Hershey, but you did not do well here.

^I Disagree, I believe Hershey did very well, because as I was walking around the park when I was there I kept over hearing people talking about "how awesome Fahrenheit was" so as long as they are pleasing the GP that's really the most important thing...However from an enthusiast standpoint, I can't really describe it, but it just felt like it really lacked anything out standing to it...

Well, Hersheypark is supposed to be family oriented anyhow. I don't think they cater to thrillseekers like Six Flags used to or how Cedar Fair does. At least that's how they did things before Storm Runner. I haven't been there since that opened. I will next week though.

Like you guys, I feel they missed the mark from an enthusiast point of view. But for the regular guest, it is great. On Saturday night, the single rider line was almost as a long wait as the regular line, but on Sunday morning, I got three rides within ten or fifteen minutes. I would have been able to get more, but I didn't feel like riding it anymore. I feel Fahrenheit bridges the two sides of the park. It's such a long walk from the entrance to Lightning Racer, that the position of the ride kind of breaks up the feeling of walking forever. If that statement makes any sense at all.