TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could they possibly have been doing a pull-through, and the rain stopped them from continuing, but they didn't want it to get wet?

Call me ignorant, but what exactly is a pull-through?

It's when they slowly (and I mean VERY slowly) pull, usually two, cars of the train through the course with a giant wooden "fan" attached to the front that simulates how far people can reach. It reassures that people can't reach any supports, track, ground, etc. while riding.

amusing_parks wrote:

Well the Norwegian Loop and Cobra roll was slow (at the tops)

Was it slow enough to valley?

Stormy and windy day = Valleying ?

Didn't Behemoth Valley the other day because they were testing the different speeds it could perform at, maybe Hershey was doing some testing on the speed of the lift hill chain?

Wow. That was strange.

I guess that wasn't the train. The park is already has lighting up for the path going back towards TF catering. You can see it on the webcam.

EDIT: A guy posted this over at C-net earlier today:

New picture on the web cam, still testing even though its raining, the train is at the point between the Norwegian loop and cobra roll.

Maybe that was the train.....

Whatever that is under the tarp, it honestly looks like it's in between the tracks to me.

I agree. That's what I thought when I saw it. Whatever it is, though, it's probably not a big deal. This coming from the girl who spent every spare minute of her life for a month following the original Nantimi puzzles last year. Haha.

It was the train... I saw a webcam image with it just sitting there before they stuck the tarp on it. Didn't think to take a screen shot because I didn't think anything of it at the time; I didn't realize it was stuck until they stuck the tarp on.

Apparently Fahrenheit did valley on Monday.

(4/30/08) It looks like Hersheypark may have run into a little bit a trouble while testing Fahrenheit on Monday. According to a screen capture of the Fahrenheit Webcam at 9:45am you can see what looks like a train valleyed just after the Cobra Roll during a rainstorm. In a second capture at 2:45pm you can see that crews had gone out and covered the train with a tarp to keep it dry. From what I’ve been told the WebCam was turned off shortly afterwards. The odd thing is that if you visit the WebCam now you’ll see an empty shot of Fahreneit dated Monday at 4:36pm, so it doesn’t look like they’ve turned the WebCam back on again yet. I wouldn’t worry about the park opening the ride on time however as they’ve still got nearly a month to go... theses things just happen and are sometimes done on purpose.

UPDATE: The webcam has been turned back on.

http://www.hersheypark.com/fahrenheit/index.php

^ Not likely. It would be an unbelievably profound oversight by the designers if they made the Norwegian loop too big. If Fahrenheit valleyed at all, it was probably just the valley you sometimes get with new coasters that need broken into.

If you remembered I said it ran threw the hole thing, I should of added, on a nice clear day, and on the next day, which was a damp cloudy day. I also mentioned the tires squeaked. It wont valley, but on Monday, since they barley had any test runs, (on Saturday and Sunday) I saw like 15 runs max, in 2 days of like 15 hours, but it did rain all day Monday, so it probley did valley. With that crane up, well the chain, it goes fast, it goes slow at first but to catch under the car, then it pulls it up fast. The car was also was stuck in the middle of the chain for a like an hour once, and stuck in the middle a lot. Theres a lot to be worked out on it, but theres 24 days and they worked on it Saturday and Sunday, im pretty sure there have it open, and I work the next 2 weeks so I can keep a update.

^ Not likely. It would be an unbelievably profound oversight by the designers if they made the Norwegian loop too big.

Yeah, that's like designing a heartline roll that needs to be taken out before opening the ride to the public...

Obviously there will be a few issues throughout the year and testing and what not. It is Intamin's first vertical lift hill and stuff.

It wouldnt surprise me if part of that testing is to simulate having the train stuck vertically on the lift hill for an extended time to make sure everything holds as it's supposed to in case anything happened.

Sunday/Monday were both really crappy days up here so its not surprising it valleyed. I wonder what the deal is with the screeching though?!

I'll be driving past Hershey in a few hours so I'll check out Fahrenheit! If it happens to be testing you can bet Ill be slamming on the brakes on Hersheypark Drive.. and getting out the camera. lol.

Obviously there will be a few issues throughout the year and testing and what not. It is Intamin's first vertical lift hill and stuff.

I'm pretty sure the ball coasters use the same lift system as Farenheit does, and those are more then vertical. Not trying to say it doesn't need testing, and it should considering that this is the first time this system has been used with "regular" sized trains on it.

^That does sound possible they were doing that. This is one of the first 3-car trains that uses a vertical lift hill and since there are no anti-rollbacks on the lift it looks like (which kinda suprises me), they could be checking to see if the chain dogs can hold for a long period of time in case of a problem.

The webcam wasn't updated today, either. With the park opening tomorrow (wow. It feels like the off-season just started yesterday), we may know what really happened.