TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This picture wasn't on the other page, so I'm going to point out the fact that there is an I in the picture. Look up above the support on the right. Right at the top, look left. There is an I at about a 45 degree angle in line with one of the track pieces. Please don't say that it has already been discovered lol :/

^ Dude, Please read the thread. These last two pictures weren't part of the puzzle. There isn't anything in that picture. You're just seeing things now.

I actually see about 40 I's in that picture...so I guess the answer to the puzzle is...

Nantiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiives On!

--Robb

Im really excited to see where Hershey goes in the next 5-10 years. I'm still surprised they haven't done anything with an indoor waterpark for one of the hotels. There's some talk going on about that though.

It'll be interesting to see if the old Hersheypark Arena is still standing in a few years. I'll be sad to see it go.. but it would provide a perfect expansion area for the park.

There have been some crazy rumors over the past few years! Anyone remember when the dolphin show was getting taken out for that Flying coaster? haha.. or the YEARS of the rumored stand up coaster.

I still wouldn't mind an Apollo's Chariot'ish coaster running from back by the Coal Cracker and over the Comet and along the creek towards Chocolate World... if that's even possible! It would be very awesome though. Plus Hershey could always use some new flat rides.

^That's the one thing I want that Hershey doesn't yet have: a mega/hyper coaster. Sure, that's the kind I'm partial to as it is, but that does seem to be one of the few kinds of (non-gimmicky) coasters that it doesn't have.

Now, I don't know if Hershey really wants to have a 200+ footer jutting into the skyline, but I know it would make my heart skip a beat to see, AND it would make for quite a well-rounded collection of coasters.

I'm so excited to ride this. I dunno if 97* makes much of a difference, but it looks like it would provide a great sensation. And that norwegian loop looks fantastic.

The trains are cute, too .

Um this looks like one of the few actual true pretzel-like invresions ever, wasn't the only coaster with a true pretzele-like inversion on the old moonsault spin......or something like that coaster in asia some where, that they finally dismantled cuz it wuz too ruff? i'm excited about this. i'm confused about what type of lift iz being used for the 90 degree climb.

this has been one of the most fun threads to keep up with in a long time.

i know i didn't comment much, as I really had no much to add, but jeeze guys... awesome job. fun fun fun.

i love it when parks have fun with us... that's what it's all about right?

i really gotta get my @$$ to this park soon!

OH EM GEE GUYZ ITS LIKE FREAKING DAVINCI CODE!!!1!!11!11!!!!

No but seriosuly, Hersheypark has outdone itself as far as I'm concerned. The ride was already amazing looking, but doing all these puzzles and starting up "Nantimi" to toy with us is really great. They have ALOT of free time on their hands in Hershey!

if you go on to screamscape they said their sorces had confirmed the removal of canyon river rapids,and a expansion of the boardwalk. here it is

screamscape sources

have confirmed that the plan is still to convert the park’s River Rapids ride into a couple of new waterpark attractions for the Boardwalk. The general idea is still to add a large river attraction (lazy or swift) using sections of the old rapids ride and to turn the central reservoir area into a new wave pool. Apparently the area will also feature a new food stand as well as several cabanas for rent. I’ve added an aerial shot of the current rapids area for reference, though I’m not sure how they’re going to work in the Roller Soaker flying over-head, though it makes a perfect addition.

It'll be interesting to see if the old Hersheypark Arena is still standing in a few years. I'll be sad to see it go.. but it would provide a perfect expansion area for the park.

For some reason I thought the Bears still used the Hersheypark arena, but reading to find out if that was indeed the case, I now see that they've moved to the GIANT Center. They still use the Hersheypark Arena as a practice facility, but I'm betting that that doesn't pay the bills.

How come no one has started a thread on 'Howler'?? Everyone seems to be overlooking this lil' tidbit.

whell becuase howler is a simple flat ride, and it isn't a stand out atraction or anything very speacial

Anyone want to explain what Howler is? Is it one of those tornado things that you manually spin? If so, that > Fahrenheit!

It would surprise me big time if they tore down the old Hersheypark Arena. It was built by Milton Hershey himself. . It's been bought and paid for several times over! Local high schools also rent it out for their hockey practices. They also still hold concerts in the facility, so it's not like it isn't making any money. It's a smaller venue than the giant center so smaller bands can come to town and still have a true arena show!

Hershey needs a "Hershey: A Chocolate Bar's Journey" coaster, where you're themed as a chocolate bar running through the human body after ingestion. Station = wrapper. Lift = hand lifting chocolate to mouth. Drop = dropped into the mouth. Then the rest is travelling through a body's organs before finally you're pooped out into the unloading station!

...I'd ride it.

Edit: Hopefully that wasn't a "dumbest post in TPR history" candidate.

^^ I was just bored and added a random B&M hyper One's allowed to dream right?

^LOL.. would you want to incorporate some smells.. like how Soarin' does in that attraction?

They still use Hersheypark Arena for some high school state championship events, especially if there's a game or other event at the Giant Center so it still serves its purpose.

However, I read somewhere that they are moving the Hershey museum to a new location in downtown Hershey. Plus didnt they move the Hersheypark offices to a new building downtown too? Without them there.. most of the time the Arena will be just an empty building and I'm sure it costs a decent amount to maintain.

I'm sure Hershey would do something to honor the building if they ever take it down though. I read in a book that Milton Hershey built it after he was turned away from a hockey game at the old facility! He showed them! haha.