TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say, Hershey never ceases to disappoint me in one way or another.

At least it's only started recently.

I don't see how a waterpark in the middle of the park helps.

I know other parks such as PKD have waterparks that you can enter from in the park, and whose admission is paid with the park admission.

I just don't see why they couldn't have put Fahrenheit (among other new rides) where the waterpark is and spent the money from the waterpark for something else.

Such as a new Conestoga. That ride was the best.

Or another Chaos.

And now, with this new ride whose name I don't feel like spelling, is taking the place of Western Shootouts.

EVERYONE rode those. The least they could do is replace it to the waterpark and rename it.

Oh what a joy it will be working there this summer.

Maybe I can run down sometime before the season and take some pics of the new ride.

Hopefully!

^ I don't think so. After looking at a satellite image of the area and the angle of the drawing on the website, it looks like it's the lift. In one of BTeller's pics you can see a concrete structure behind one of the CRR catering buildings; that's the elevator for the station.

^Easy there. He is right. But I'm looking forward to seeing this Norwegian Loop go up. In the animation (yes, I realize it's NoLimits) it seems to really pitch you to the right as you enter the loop on top before flipping you around and under to the left. I'm curious to see if there is a noticeable roll to the outside before dropping or if that was just a NoLimits animation mishap.

That would be the work of the "con-roll" option to smooth out differently banked tracks in NL. I highly doubt there will actually be a quick pitch to the side before the inversion.

Does anyone know if/how far construction has progressed? If I remember correctly, Intamins can be put up pretty quickly if the contractors really work, like they did on Piraten/Kirnu/Inferno...

I'm not sure how I feel about this ride...I mean more than vertical drops are cool and all, but the rest of the ride doesn't excite me much. The big norwegian loop element seems kind of slow and boring in the video.

Then again, its can be really hard to tell without actually riding something.

Oh I'm glad you took these pictures! Last Wednesday I went for a doctor's appointment and saw the track, but I forgot to bring my camera. I go to Hershey Pediatric though, not the Hershey Hospital. Anyway I don't like the colors (I guess I'm in the minority) but it does look like a great coaster. Hershey is technically my home park (though I go to Knoebels way more) and I'm pumped for Fahrenheit!

I'm not sure how I feel about this ride...I mean more than vertical drops are cool and all, but the rest of the ride doesn't excite me much. The big norwegian loop element seems kind of slow and boring in the video.

Then again, its can be really hard to tell without actually riding something.

I found it to be a fairly good element on Speedmonster. Kinda floaty at the top, and some pretty good forces at the bottom. In my opinion it looks more spectacular than it is, but its still pretty good. Of course there could be some minor changes on this ride to make the experience different.