TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll meet up when we ride the ride...we should make Nantimi shirts or something. Not many people would get it, but oh well. Personally, I have none of the credits at Hersheypark, so this is going to be great for me (11 Credit romp!) Plus the new ride looks cool.

I got my letter today too.. however it's at my parent's house and I didn't have time to go pick it up.

We can figure this all out when it gets closer to May but if anyone needs a place to stay let me know. You can always crash here in York that night and drive up to Hershey when it opens and hang out there all day.

I'm actually working on t-shirts. I have a graphic arts friend who can produce files usable for a silkscreener. Send me your ideas. I thought a good one would be the Nantimi logo on the front, and on the back the

/themtravelled.thRu link on the back. We also do something like that "Leaked" memo. Give me your ideas

The 11 that recieved an e-mail to give their address and e-mail were chosen from the 25 that recieved a piece of the puzzle. After 11:11, the final 11 got e-mails from HERCO asking for address and phone numbers so an official invitation for the ride could be sent

Thanks for the link, good interview. I still don't get why some people say Storm Runner and Fahrenheit are alike. Anyway, a special thanks to Hershey for thinking of us enthusiasts. ...even if I didn't play, it was still fun to read.

Yeah that was a good interview.

The reason why everyone is thinking that SR and F are alike is because it's the same track type and same builder. But when you think about it, its the same exact thing of WC and LR; they are both GCI's and both wooden coaster and built almost the same exact timespan between as SR and F.

Kudos to HersheyPark on this one....

I'm most excited to see them go for a real show-stopper attraction in a year that (so far) has been lackluster at best over rides. Three clones and two more duplicates for SixFlags. A bunch of relocated rides for Cedar Fair. Nothing really exciting for Busch Entertainment. While adding rides is good (every new coaster is good, unless it's a TOGO DeathMachine) the recent rash of adding rides that are exactly the same at every brand-related park is absurd. One of the things that will get me to go a great distance to ride is a NEW and UNIQUE attraction. Now that SixFlags is hell-bent on making each park look very similar, I'm disappointed. But HersheyPark has given me hope that originality will still play out in light of duplication mania.

Having said that...

The 'Norwegian Loop' (RCDB's Term for it!) looks amazing. A killer lifthill and first drop- outstanding. Three 12 passenger traiins- Disappointing, to say the least. 850 people per hour - Even Worse. I realize that length of train will affect these rides greatly, but come on now folks, the lines for Fahrenheit will be awful to say the least. HersheyPark has added several mega-capacity attractions (Lightning Racer, Great Bear) where lines move quickly and easily, often to the point of being able to walk on on early summer days, but as of late, adding rides where lines are obscenely long is becoming a trend. Yes, Quality over QUANTITY, but at what point is this becoming a problem.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I have a VERY good reason as to why all "Past Vertical Coasters" have very short trains and a drop of barely past vertical:

If anyone has ever tried making a full size train with a past vertical drop on NL past 100 degrees, it's VERY hard to keep the negative G's in check. My NL Hyper Coaster I'm working on has a drop height of about 280 feet - the first 81 feet are just to get the train to a drop angle of about 105 - 110 degrees. Now, the train length is 9 cars, (B&M Hyper Coaster Cars) and even with a 40 foot stretch of trim brakes at the top, with deceleration G's of 1.5 and a speed limit of 8 mph, the ride still pulls -1.6 G's in the back seat. So, if any ride has a past vertical drop, you are pretty much guaranteed, no matter how big the train is, to get major airtime in the back seat.

The T-shirt idea is definitely cool. I like the ideas so far. I wonder if there's a way to fit in "Things Are Not What They Seem" since that was a big part of the campaign. I wouldn't want to make the shirt too cluttered though.

It might be a good idea to check w/ Nantimi, er Hershey, to make sure it's cool with them. I don't think any of your ideas are proprietary, but you never know.

FYI, I sent an e-mail to the comments@nantimi address asking about the clues, and whether we missed any. Marty responded quickly (Martin, Luke and JB are the names of real people from the marketing dept.) and told me the following:

The airport picture from the website was just a cool picture that didn't real mean anything. The mentions in the blog about hating planes and flying was just playing off of that and just acting as a diversion. Boston didn't mean anything either, except Marty was there on a business trip and he took that picture from his hotel room. Denis Tekler = Ted Kleisner (CEO of HERCO). He also said some clues were solved more quickly than they anticipated, and others needed some help to make sure they got solved.

I kinda had to laugh when I found this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_%28roller_coaster%29

But also coming next year is another parking lot expansion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hersheypark#Fahrenheit_-_new_for_2008

Additionally, a renovation will take place in the Hershey Entertainment Complex parking lot as well. New lots will be created to the rear of the GIANT Center. The new entry road will wrap behind the old Parkview Golf Course and will house two toll collection stations or plazas featuring extra toll lanes, to expedite traffic flow.

How big can the parking lot get? That thing has to be over a mile long! lol

I kinda had to laugh when I found this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_%28roller_coaster%29

Wow, I made it into a wiki.

My life. Is. Complete.

I actually wrote a good portion of that

Wikipedia wants sources for the information now though... But the only real source is coaster nerd forums, and I'm not even sure that they would accept that as a reference.