TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I was wondering how they tied the 11 in, but now I know. There are 11 elements on the coaster.

I knid of think the logo kind of should go with a basketball team or something.

Also, it this going to be included in the Boardwalk or Pioneer Frontier?

I am so excited about this! I've not yet had the opprotunity to ride a Euro-Fighter & this being so simular, and best of all, built by Intamin is just awesome! It has that twist and dive into Immelman feature like Speed Monster has which is exciting, I honestly can't wait to go to Hershey next year. Very Cool!

Natatomic, actually I was the one who posted about the e-mail over at Cbuzz (check the initials of my screen name there and here), so I think we're back down to 4.

Since I don't think anyone answered yet, the 11 final investors are supposedly getting one of the first rides on the "2008 attraction" (Hope they weren't referring to Howler )

I was thinking of e-mailing HERCO and asking them for a summary of all the clues (I bet we all still missed some here and there) and the red herrings meant to mislead us. Looking back, I think the whole thing about partners not getting along and employees being fired was just a set-up to "dissolve" the company come September 27.

Out of all the announcements of the day, this is probably the best one (even if I figured it out WAAAAAY before people invested so much into the Nantimi thing)

The thing that worries me the most is the vertical chain lift. I could sense LOTS of breaking with that and kinda wish they would have gone with an LSM vertical lift instead. Still, I've got my season pass all set for next year so bring on the ride!

And let the Nantimi 11 have the first rides, I'll have it all season (followed by stops at Troegs and Appalachian Brewing).

At first I was wondering how they tied the 11 in, but now I know. There are 11 elements on the coaster.

As I was saying from the beginning, the 11 means that it's their 11th coaster, and that's it. It has nothing to do with inversions, elements, airtime hills, etc. You people read into those things WAY too much.

I am shocked that it is half the price of maverick.

Those LSMs and extra trains can't be that much more expensive.

I guess there was the extra heartline roll handling charge.

Theming + two LIM launches + three extra trains + extra block zones (and the programming and PLCs that that requires) + theming + special effects = $$$

*EDIT: Found teh answer to my question.*

Anyways, the ride looks awesome. The animation wasn't good at all, but the ride'll be so much smoother than that so it's all good.

Has it been confirmed that it's just a normal chain lift? I didn't see anything claiming so...but there was nothing claiming that it was propelled by anything else, either.

well HP does it again, this is very exciting, you cant go wrong with Intaman (i love how everyone complains that we just got Storm Runner, but CP's last 4 coasters were all Intamins too were they not?). This will be exhilerating, fun, and fantastic, will it overtake Storm Runner? I dont know, but it'll be a blast to hop on next season!

Tis the season for announcements. 08 is looking MUCH better than 07. I'd love to see more of these type of rides popping up at park around the country. I rode Maverick in August and it was incredibly fun! I thought it had everything a good coaster should have: a very good first drop, speed throughout the entire ride, several times of good airtime, inversions, and very smooth. Looks like Farenheight has all of those too. Yay HP!

I really like Hersheypark, but this is sort of underwhelming. The last time I visited HP was during Storm Runner's premier season and I loved the place. I think all this hype was a good thing but then this announcement left me wanting something better. Maverick looks like a great ride to me, but this looks akward and ugly IMO. I'm not trying to be down on Hersheypark because I really like the place, but I think they could have done better.

As I was saying from the beginning, the 11 means that it's their 11th coaster, and that's it. It has nothing to do with inversions, elements, airtime hills, etc. You people read into those things WAY too much.

Actually if you look at the fact sheet

Elements (as they occur on the ride)

1. 90‐degree ascent (121 feet)

2. 97‐degree negative drop (the most in the U.S.)

3. Inverted loop (107 feet)

4. Inverted corkscrew roll

5. Cobra element

6. Airborne inverted S roll

7. Inverted corkscrew roll

8. Airtime hill

9. High‐speed/banked curve

10. Airtime hill

11. High‐speed/banked curve

That is what I ment.

well HP does it again, this is very exciting, you cant go wrong with Intaman (i love how everyone complains that we just got Storm Runner, but CP's last 4 coasters were all Intamins too were they not?). This will be exhilerating, fun, and fantastic, will it overtake Storm Runner? I dont know, but it'll be a blast to hop on next season!

Anything will be better than Storm Runner. That ride is way too short.