TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark Announces Fahrenheit!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm headin' back to Hershey next year! It's kind of funny because for me, this single announcement trumps all the SF announcements today. I loved Maverick and I'm an inversion kinda guy. I'm just so freakin' excited this US is finally getting one of those crazy inverted loops like on Speed Monster. I can't wait for this thing.

Why do you care so much that the speculation thread is closed? I thought it was pretty cool!!

Yeah.. some people can't have fun. If I hated the thread THAT much I probably wouldn't have wasted my time reading it... sadly... some people don't understand that the world isn't revolving around them and their own opinions.

Having fun and "playing nice" with the whole Nantimi thing definitely ended with one big surprise!!

And yeah.. some of the Six Flags announcements are pretty cool. The wooden coaster at SFStl looks awesome!! But 3 identical wild mouse coasters.. mehhh.. I'll wait to see how much 7.5 million buys in a wild mouse!

^It's not that some people can't have fun. It's just that some people don't care enough to spend hours trying to get small clues about an unannounced ride. They'd rather just wait for the announcement than try and decode a bunch of stuff. If that's your bowl of soup, then cool, glad you had fun with it. But if you just don't care that much, then it's nice to have it out of the way.

Anyway, I don't want to take the thread away from what it's really about. Just wanted to throw both sides out there 'cause I'm one of those people that is kinda glad the speculation thread is closed now. But again, I understand that's what some people like to do. That's cool.

As I mentioned before in the thread, this ride just looks sick. I only wish Hershey wasn't so far away. It'll make for another fun road trip though! I think I'm becoming a Hershey fanboy.

I'm looking forward to the drop, but I can't help but feel disappointed with the news - with the whole "fake company" thing, I was expecting something really huge, and this just felt like a let-down.

I personally prefer speed and air-time to inversions, and, IMO, HP already has enough looping coasters; what they're most in need of is a Hyper, it's the only real hole in their collection.

I'm sure it will be a decent ride, but the hype really seemed to be indicating something more than "decent".

Hersheypark may not build the tallest and fastest but it's one of the best parks I've been too. They really have balanced out their selection of rides. I bring my 7 year old daughter there every year and have a great time. Next she she will be able to ride SR & Great Bear next year!! I'm so looking forward to riding this coaster.

The problem with the whole Nantami ARG was that the payoff wasn't that spectacular. All those hours you guys spent decoding stuff and all you got was a brief video 12 hours before the actual announcement. From my perspective, what's the point of getting that heavily involved for a reward of knowing some random info for a night?

The Nine Inch Nails ARG rewarded the devout followers with an ultra exclusive free concert. Maybe Hershey can give an exclusive ERT to the 25 or whatever?

^11 of us definitely got more than just the sneak preview.

And even without a reward at the end, the challenge of seeing if we could figure it out is fun for me. It's not always about end result. The journey is usually what makes it great.

I agree, figuring out the puzzles was fun. I thought it was all over last night, then I wake up this morning and find an email from hershey promotions in my inbox...Awesome!

The new ride looks sweet. I love maverick (except for the roughness of the back row) and this ride looks even better (imo.) Let's just hope it doesn't age as quickly as Maverick.

I sort of wish Nantimi would have explained where some of the things came from that they posted. Especially the first "napkin sketch" of the layout. As well as why use the whole Boston thing.. etc. It would be cool to see how their thought process contributed to the clues they sent out ya know? Maybe Donan can tell us a little more.

And as far as the 11.. I know 4 of them! Who are the other 7? I'm surprised no one has said anything yet! I'm sort of reluctant because it's way more than I ever expected from just having fun! Plus everyone called Nantimi fake and said we were all wasting our time and yada yada yada.

And well... HPFan.. you were right about the flat! I guess I owe you lunch! haha.

edit-- missed an " ' "

Hershey has a reputation of having short lines...don't know if that is a fact or not, but on my one visit it certainly was.

Yeah, back at Lightning Racer ans Wildcat, the lines were always very short. It was always just Storm Runner and Great Bear that had long lines. Maybe the placement of this will spread out people a bit.

Hershey has a reputation of having short lines...don't know if that is a fact or not, but on my one visit it certainly was.

I really don't think the capacity will be TOO much of a problem after the first year or two.

Yeah I have gone during summer operation and the lines aren't too bad, the longest I've seen is always Comet. I mean even SR on a Sunday in the summer I waited maybe 20 minutes. After a year this ride will not be a long wait.

The new flat looks cool too.....they have so many rides to choose from, if only Great Adventure did.