TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

We visited today, some.great theming but operationally it's a train crash. Posted opening is 10am, what's not said is rides from 11. Online ticket purchase didn't work from Android devices so to get the entry deal I had to borrow a staff tablet and log in, then the ticket wouldn't scan.

Pre show in the indoor main square was entertaining, Buildings covered in graffiti via projection for the Gotham sequence and dementors for Harry Potter.

Run down of the rides

Batman - ride not finished yet

Jokers Fun house is a mirror maze with the moving floors stairclimb etc of a midway portable.Maybe a batch of 30 every 10mins into it.

Scarecrow ride, never opened it's a spinning arm afair

Riddler is a 40 seat Mega Disk'o well themed but brutal slow to load managing about 4 cycles an hour

Bedrock river adventure is a one drop small world raft ride, 8 seat boats running half empty.

Justice League is motion cars like Universal's Spiderman, great HD but the storyline barely interacts with the rides, again 7 seat cars, weird load room with 3 empty seats on our group.

Green Lantern, sort of soaring type ride with no pre show story to explain what's going on at all. The theatre holds maybe 30 per cycle which is slow due to a hard to lock and check seatbelt system, again maybe 4 runs an hour.

Tom and Jerry cheese Spin, huge queue area to feed 1 train of 16 max persons per 8 to 9 min load and run cycle, you got it, 130-140 per hour. I was deloaded as at 6' the lap bar wouldn't lock, same for a woman on the train before me.

Scoobies Doo Mystery Museum, almost running right, preloaded and gated onto cars but 3 unloading with none in the load area. Ride was sort of Winnie the Pooh style with a nice corridor door chase ending.

Fast and Furry-ous coaster had 1 train of 10 on the suspended track running again maybe every 7 mins 120 pax an hour.

More than enough restaurants and retail but if you get there on a busy day, it was empty for us I would not like to see a protected 6000 trying to get onto some of these rides, unless they open a 40hour day.

Great theming in the main but the wrong rides and working practices to ever get enough bodies on the rides, we gave up as it got busier and left.

Nothing is worth a re-ride or the wait that will be required, fast pass costs an additional 150dirham $50 on top on the $90 ticket.

Not worth your time in my opinion umless your staying next door and it's a rainy day.

^Sad to hear about the miserable operations. I think this park *looks* great...aesthetically...but from everything I've seen it just doesn't look like there's much to do compared to other parks in the region. (Ridewise)

I think it's a bit soon to criticise operations. The park has only been open for a week-or-so.

True, but if a Disney park had only been officially open for a "week-or-so" and had operations as described above, it would be eviscerated by the press and GP. The truth is, this would never happen in a Disney park. Universal? Perhaps... (see Volcano Bay...)

I think it's a bit soon to criticise operations. The park has only been open for a week-or-so.

Agreed. I will never EVER understand people who rush out to a new park/ride/attraction right when it opens only to complain about the growing pains or longer than normal lines they may be experiencing due to the fact that it just opened.

True, but if a Disney park had only been officially open for a "week-or-so" and had operations as described above, it would be eviscerated by the press and GP. The truth is, this would never happen in a Disney park.

Last I checked this isn't a Disney park. Please try a bit harder next time you make an analogy like this.

Teething troubles, I get, this is more like wrong choice of rides, and no chance of achieving a meaningful capacity through them. For a shopping mall with a couple of thousand riders a day, fine, but when you build a custom theme park to draw riders you need a machine that can support the numbers expected, and they told me 6000 a day. The queue space on the spin coaster is as large as anything Disney Florida have, the station will only hold 1 train with 24 seats, no lockers, pass everything across the train, to the platform, we timed the cycle at almost 10 mins not helped by the unique problem Muslim countries have with headscarves as they pass out buff type head covering to customers on the train to secure themselves. I doubt the ride manufacturer projects more than 500 per hour on an unachievable 3 min cycle.

Teething troubles, I get, this is more like wrong choice of rides, and no chance of achieving a meaningful capacity through them. For a shopping mall with a couple of thousand riders a day, fine, but when you build a custom theme park to draw riders you need a machine that can support the numbers expected, and they told me 6000 a day. The queue space on the spin coaster is as large as anything Disney Florida have, the station will only hold 1 train with 24 seats, no fluffy, fluffy bunnies filled with medicine and goo, pass everything across the train, to the platform, we timed the cycle at almost 10 mins not helped by the unique problem Muslim countries have with headscarves as they pass out buff type head covering to customers on the train to secure themselves. I doubt the ride manufacturer projects more than 500 per hour on an unachievable 3 min cycle.

Hope we see the park expand soon. I do wonder what the Six Flags park will look like.

• 3 months later...

Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi has sent us a press release announcing the opening of Batman: Knight Flight at the park!

1132702137_BatmanKnightFlight.thumb.jpg.d478f9d723c5b1ca56de969a90c4f7b0.jpg

The Bat-Signal shone bright this week in Gotham City at Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi, the world’s first-ever Warner Bros. branded indoor theme park, marking the inaugural flight of Batman: Knight Flight, inspired by DC’s iconic Super Hero. This ride combines a high-tech flight simulator with physical scenery and state-of-the-art special effects for a truly thrilling and immersive experience that transports guests to the dark skies over Gotham City. Batman: Knight Flight is just one of 29 rides, family-friendly attractions and live entertainment shows available at the park.

Thrill-seekers will be able to climb aboard the one-of-a-kind remote-controlled flying vehicle to help Batman fight crime throughout Gotham City. On this ride, guests are invited to a job fair at Wayne Tech headquarters but, when a mysterious crime spree puts the city in danger, the guests are recruited by Batman as test pilots for the prototype of the ultimate urban patrol vehicle. Launching out of the Batcave and soaring over moonlit rooftops, guests will forever remember the excitement of pursuing Gotham City’s most notorious criminals alongside the Dark Knight.

Don Strickler, General Manager at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi stated: “We are extremely excited to welcome guests on the Batman: Knight Flight, and have them experience this futuristic high-tech ride, helping none other than Batman patrol the skies of Gotham City. We have no doubt that the newly opened ride will soon be a fan favorite to our thrill-seeking visitors, and an exciting addition to the park’s interactive attractions.”

Gotham City is also home to an array of DC Super-Villain themed experiences including The Riddler Revolution, a spinning rollercoaster that lures guests into a run-down shipping warehouse for a true brain-twister that features dizzying movements designed by The Riddler himself. Those looking for an adrenaline rush can experience the Scarecrow Scare Raid, which takes visitors on a nightmarish flight with dramatic aerobatics and whirlwind barrel rolls that will rattle anyone’s cage. Not forgetting The Joker’s Funhouse, which offers a villainous twist on the classic carnival walk-through experience featuring a series of physical and mental challenges conjured up by Batman’s biggest foes.

Hungry visitors can make their way to Gotham City’s Finest, a quick-service diner, or choose a diabolically delicious meal at the famous Hall of Doom. Guests can also satisfy their sweet tooth with an ice-cold dessert at Mr. Freeze Ice Scream Truck. And, souvenir shops such as the Park Row Pawn Shop, Monarch Theater Gifts, Harlequin Confections, Cat’s Eye Jewelry and Cobblepot Formal Wear offer guests many options to commemorate their visit to Gotham City!

To purchase tickets, annual passes, or learn more about Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, visit http://www.wbworld.com.

• 3 months later...

I just wanted to bump this thread to say how blown away I was by Warner Bros Abu Dhabi. From the moment I saw the first land, my jaw dropped and stayed on the floor for my whole visit. I went in expecting to only spend a half day there, but this is truly a full day park. I wanted to reride almost every attraction multiple times. I liked it so much that I reworked my itinerary to get a second day there. The level of theming was incredible and the dark rides were Disney/Universal quality. I honestly preferred the park to Ferrari World. I'll write up a TR in the coming weeks, but I have some thoughts.

The ride that surprised me most was Scooby Doo. The ride is very reminiscent of Pooh's Hunny Hunt and I actually thought this ride was superior. The ride included the best aspects of that ride- trackless vehicles, multiple paths, gorgeous physical sets, and a room that has the cars chaotically dancing like that dream sequence. This was my favorite ride there, but they had a ton of other dark rides that favorably ripped off some of my other favorites stateside like Ani-Mayhem (Toy Story Mania), Batman Knight Flight (Forbidden Journey), and Justice League (Spiderman).

They also had a surprise ride that is a perfect contender for the "Is it a coaster" debate. They have a ropes course called the Teen Titans Training Academy. Part of that course is a full circuit zipline that rides like a coaster. It loops around the ropes course, includes 2 drops, and even had a lift hill. I'd honestly consider it a coaster because it does things no ordinary zipline does. But regardless of what you call it, it's a ton of fun and quite unique.

IMG_3998.thumb.JPG.95a8df34dbdce9a8c7033cae7714a90a.JPG

As noted a few pages back, the throughput of the rides is still pretty poor though, so I strongly recommend the Flash Pass (about $40 USD). The coasters run one train and it doesn't seem like they have many vehicles for the dark rides.

Lookin forward to getting your run down of the park and all the attractions, especially Knight Flight. I've been looking on line for some info on the ride but can't find anything more than just a couple pictures of the que here and there.

It does looks like an amazing park, pretty high on my list if I ever make it over there.

^ They have a strict no loose articles policy on Batman Knight Flight and the load/unload area is behind a closed door.

The robot arms load individually and then move out onto the main course, as opposed to the Omnimover like set-up of Forbidden Journey.

From a technical standpoint, Universal's is more polished (scenes are better timed and have better transitions). The movements felt identical and the animation was crisp.

But I slightly prefer Knight Flight because I'm a huge Batman fan. I think they're similar enough it comes down to which IP you prefer.

• 3 years later...

Miral and Warner Bros. Discovery have announced that Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi will be getting a brand-new themed land, themed to Harry Potter!

image.thumb.png.731ce68308f57407ca78f9f75c35efad.png

https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/miral-and-warner-bros-discovery-announce-harry-potter-themed-land-coming-to-abu-dhabis-yas-island-301674644.html?fbclid=IwAR1PFLCxLtDtUCt7zcOtV_VTYiwhVlNPtTCuuY1qqf8CI7QA3ek_RS6yMac

Miral, Abu Dhabi's leading creator of immersive destinations and experiences, in partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery, announced today a Harry Potter themed land will be coming to Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, within the world's largest indoor theme park, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi.

The creative vision for this newly designed Harry Potter themed land from Miral and Warner Bros. Global Themed Entertainment will invite fans to step inside iconic locations from the wizarding world, seen in an all-new way.

HE Mohamed Khalifa Al Mubarak, Chairman of Miral expressed his excitement about this project saying: "We are very proud of our continuous partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery and excited to be bringing this spell binding first to the Middle East and the world in the future. This is yet another testament to our commitment to continue to position Yas Island as a top global destination for entertainment and leisure, and a great addition to Abu Dhabi's tourism offerings, contributing to the growth and economic diversification of the Emirate."

Pam Lifford, President, Global Brands and Experiences from Warner Bros. Discovery, said: "The Wizarding World offers something for fans of every age to enjoy. The original Harry Potter stories and the blockbuster film series continue to captivate and inspire hundreds of millions of fans around the world, and our Global Themed Entertainment team together with our world-class partner Miral, will expand our successful Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi to bring this magical experience to life. Together with our lands at Universal Parks, this will add a wholly new and spectacular destination for fans to immerse themselves in."

Harry Potter is truly a global phenomenon, spanning eight films based on the best-selling book series - which has sold over 600 million copies worldwide, been distributed in more than 200 territories and translated into over 80 languages. Today, these iconic stories and the resulting experiences are beloved by a passionate community of millions of fans from all over the globe.

The addition of a Harry Potter themed land at Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi (groundbreaking date yet to be revealed) expands upon a successful line-up of themed lands and experiences, including Bedrock, Dynamite Gulch, Cartoon Junction, Gotham City and Metropolis, that have brought fun and unforgettable memories to Warner Bros. fans and further supports Miral's vision to position the park as a top global destination and a great addition to the island's unique portfolio of attractions and experiences, while contributing to Abu Dhabi's tourism ecosystem and growth.

The Harry Potter themed land will be significant in scale and join the existing six Immersive Lands in the award-winning theme park, bringing Harry Potter to fans like never before.

• Like 1