TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The BIG End-of-the-season HP Photo TR 9-23-07

The announcement of me going to the park yesturday was a complete suprise for me and now I am happy to show you how full the park was the day that I went and what I did.

Departure:

We left home at around 11:30AM and went down the street and ate at Arby's. Mmm. A little over a half-hour later, we left to go to the park. We arrived at around 1:00PM and paind $8.00 to park. The parking lot was full a the way out to the entrance bridge or to tram stop 2 (I never knew they had restrooms out in the parking lot).

We got are tickets and we're ready!

Welcome to Hershey!

Entering:

The park was kind of crowded and the tram we arrived in was fully packed. The good news was that according to the entrance sign, no rides (execpt Western Chute Out) were closed. But the sign really wasn't that true as you'll find out later. To get them over and done with, we decided to hit the coasters first and the first one is the Comet.

Yay! No rides closed. Execpt for WCO.

COMET:

I would consider this ride to be a Phoenix wanna-be. The ride is slightly rough, but is a nice, tollerable, and has a few bits of "airtime". The line stretched down the entrance ramp and around 2 zig zags, but it had a good wait. This is the best PTC coaster I've been on so far.

Wait time: 20 to 25 mins.

Trains running at the time: 2

Rating: 8/10

# of rides: 1

The Comet! A Phoenix wanna-be!

The Tilt-A-Whirl < Comet.

Next, we found out that SDL has broken down unfortunately So I didn't get that credit today. Moving on to Great Bear.

BOO!!!!

It's calling your name Derek.

GREAT BEAR:

Most people consider GB to be a Teddy Bear and along with Talon compared to Batman: the Ride, to me it was forceful so much that it gave me some pain. The wait wasn't that bad, but since I wasn't thinking, I went and waited for the front seat which made my wait a little longer. The first drop was very great, but when the loop came, my legs felt like they were going to be yanked out of their sockets. The rest of the side was very cool and areo-dynamic. I kind of think that if I sat in a different seat, I would've enjoyed this ride more.

Wait time: 15-20 mins. Front seat: 25-35 mins. approx.

Trains Running at the time: 2

Rating: 7/10

Love this shot.

Showing some love to the kiddie rides.

Gotta love the Falcon.

Convoy.

Next up is Trailblazer.

TRAILBLAZER:

This is the coaster I was raised on! Before, I thought that this coaster was intense and thrilling, today, it's considered a kiddie coaster to me. There's no airtime, but it's helix makes up for it. The only tight turn is the one heading into the brake run.

Wait time: 5-10 mins.

Trains running at the time: 2

# of rides: 1 another one later.

Storm Runner! Everybody's favorite Intamin!

Next up is Sidewinder: the clone.

SIDEWINDER:

Most people hate boomerang coasters and consider them rough; this coaster had to be the 2nd smoothest coaster in the park. The car are a little small because when I pulled the OSR down, I couldn't get my arms out around them. I think this coaster is mis understood.

Wait time: 20 to 25 mins.

Rating: 9/10

STORM RUNNER:

It was time to ride my first launched coaster, SR. This has to be the best coaster I've been on in my life! The wait was the longest in the park, but it was worth it. The launch took my breath away as I went flying down the launch track at nearly 75mph. The top hat, and immelmann were great, but the best part was the flying snake dive and banked rise. Flipping over in that section was similar to Hydra's Jojo roll, but faster. I don't know if anything can rival it in the park, but we might have to wait for 2008 to see if we're true.

Wait time: 40-45 mins.

Rating: 10/10 (a perfect 10)

Trains running: 2

# of rides 1 (another one was later).

The test seat.

I LOVE THIS LAUNCH!!!!

Next was Lightning racer and a walk through the Boardwalk and past Western Chute Out.

WESTERN CHUTE OUT DEMOLITION SITE:

A fence has gone up along the whole structure and a few markers were spotted in the area, but not as much as I expected. I did see a bunch of backwards Z's at the entrance of Tidal Force catering, and as I was going past it later, I did see 4 or 5 markers saying colum 119, 120, 121, 122 in between 2 to 3 game buildings. Nothing has changed with the structure itself: the banner is still on the side of the tower.

While riding Wildcat, I did see the cranes in the parking lot along with moble lighting fixtures. I did not see any supports or track in this area or along the side of LR. I did, however see a bunch of stuff of what looked like piles of wood and (or) bags of cement.

Sewer or water markers.

A fence has gone up around the site.

Waiting for it's doom.

Won't be long now!

BOARDWALK:

This area was well themed, but small. The main entrance looked more of a narrow pathway down a European street that a boardwalk. The buildings were well themed with segulls on the rooves and great signage. The water rides did look great, but they seemed kind of geared to young kids more than teenagers and adults. The Waverider was fun to watch as you're about to find out.

Remember pete4winds' TR a month or two ago with the girl who nearly lost her bikini bottom? The same thing happened here, but this time there were two of them! lol. I kind of see a warning being posted on this ride. But jokes aside, it looked easy. I recorded a short video clip and I'll post it up a little later. Bayside Pier looked pathetic, I hope that a bigger wave pool will be added soon. East Coast Waterworks looked massive! I wish I brought my swim suit along to go on those sides and Coastline Plunge.

Rating for the area: 9/10

Looks nice.

One of the first new buildings.

They moved CRR's photo booth to a new building.

The entrance.

Lightning Racer adds a nice affect to the area.

I wish I could ride this.

The puny Bayside Pier.

Sandcastle Cove.

ECWW looks massive!

Coastline Plunge.

This is the end of Pt. 1. Part 2 is coming up soon with Lightning Racer and Waverider footage.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really one of the best TR's I've seen on HP, and now I have to decide again what we'll be doing for our family trip in '08. Seriously though, HP looks like an awesome! Seems so clean and colorful. Thanks for the new waterpark shots too, a good decision on their part.

Why couldn't you ride Roller Soaker?

I wasn't allowed to bring my swimsuit along.

PART 2

Lightning Racer, Wild Mouse, Wildcat.

After walking through the Boardwalk, it was time to ride Lightning Racer, one of my favorite wooden coasters.

Didn't get to ride this; oh well.

LIGHTNING RACER

All I can say is awesome! The diving, dueling and racing was awesome! This was a greatest wooden coaster at the park and it has one or two pops of air at the begining and it does matter on where you're sitting. The front seat gives more air than the center or back and it's worth the extra wait.

Rating: 10/10

Trains running: 2 on both sides

# of times ridden: 1 Lightning and 1 Thunder.

Wins: 1 Lightning and 1 Thunder

Wait time: 5-10 mins. (15-25mins. front seat)

The next ride was the Music Express. A fun, family ride.

MUSIC EXPRESS

It's just your basic amusment park ride, but it was cool. There wasn't a long wait.

Wait time: 5 mins. or less

Music Express

After this, I took my dad on to Lightning Racer

This time, we rode Lightning and ever since I took him on the Phoenix, he's discovered that he was getting too old to do this anymore. But I told him that this coaster was better and I got him to go on with me. When we got off, he told me that he liked the coaster, but it was too jerky. We lost on this ride.

The best wooden racer EVAR!

Didn't waste my time riding this. Knoebels' is better.

More random kiddie rides.

Next is my first Wild Mouse credit.

WILD MOUSE

I kind of compare this coaster to a Tilt-A-Whirl in coaster form. It's turns were quite intense and it was a lot of fun. A few brakes were on, but not that many. It's a great family coaster.

# Brakes on: 3/7 or 8

# of cars running: 9/10

Wait time: 15-20 mins.

Next is Wildcat

WILDCAT:

Most people say this ride is really rough, but until they put the MF's on, it got smoother; I never rode this coaster when they had PTC's, but this coaster was unique. The layout was really great and it gave me a good view of looking in the employee parking lot for stuff for next year. The ride was really twisted and I'd like to thank the guys over at GCI for fixing it.

# of trains: 2

Wait time: 10- 15 mins.

Next up is the Claw, RXCC, Flying Falcon, Trailbazer at night and the last ride of the night on SR with an incident!

Why couldn't you ride Roller Soaker?

I wasn't allowed to bring my swimsuit along.

PART 2

Lightning Racer, Wild Mouse, Wildcat.

After walking through the Boardwalk, it was time to ride Lightning Racer, one of my favorite wooden coasters.

LIGHTNING RACER

All I can say is awesome! The diving, dueling and racing was awesome! This was a greatest wooden coaster at the park and it has one or two pops of air at the begining and it does matter on where you're sitting. The front seat gives more air than the center or back and it's worth the extra wait.

Rating: 10/10

Trains running: 2 on both sides

# of times ridden: 1 Lightning and 1 Thunder.

Wins: 1 Lightning and 1 Thunder

Wait time: 5-10 mins. (15-25mins. front seat)

The next ride was the Music Express. A fun, family ride.

MUSIC EXPRESS

It's just your basic amusment park ride, but it was cool. There wasn't a long wait.

Wait time: 5 mins. or less

After this, I took my dad on to Lightning Racer

This time, we rode Lightning and ever since I took him on the Phoenix, he's discovered that he was getting too old to do this anymore. But I told him that this coaster was better and I got him to go on with me. When we got off, he told me that he liked the coaster, but it was too jerky. We lost on this ride.

Next is my first Wild Mouse credit.

WILD MOUSE

I kind of compare this coaster to a Tilt-A-Whirl in coaster form. It's turns were quite intense and it was a lot of fun. A few brakes were on, but not that many. It's a great family coaster.

# Brakes on: 3/7 or 8

# of cars running: 9/10

Wait time: 15-20 mins.

Next is Wildcat

WILDCAT:

Most people say this ride is really rough, but until they put the MF's on, it got smoother; I never rode this coaster when they had PTC's, but this coaster was unique. The layout was really great and it gave me a good view of looking in the employee parking lot for stuff for next year. The ride was really twisted and I'd like to thank the guys over at GCI for fixing it.

# of trains: 2

Wait time: 10- 15 mins.

Next up is the Claw, RXCC, Flying Falcon, Trailbazer at night and the last ride of the night on SR with an incident!

Pics will be up soon for this part.

You could stlll ride it without your bathingsuit. I rode it in cargo shorts and a t shirt. But anyway, nice photos. I love HP!

I was there on sunday as well, Nice report I was looking for myself in any pictures. I noticed they took down the divider on waverider. All the times I have riden, two people could ride at one time. Its a fun ride but pretty short, very boring if you dont do any rolls, hops, or knee riding. East coast water works is nice though, its a must if its warm.

PS they also have showers in the back of the changing rooms outside, The best is hitting the water park at night when they have fireworks. No lines and a hot shower while watching fireworks what could be better.