TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great America Becomes California's Great America

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it's about time Great America gets a new coaster. If they end up removing Grizzly to make way for this I will not be disappointed at all. When I rode it last 5 years ago it didn't seem as bad as everyone says it is, but it's removal could benefit the park. I was hoping the park would get one of the coasters from Geauga Lake, but at this point, anything is fine for the park.

As far as I'm concerned this announcement wont majorly help the park. Yes, I agree the announcements look fantastic! However, the park itself still has some major kinks that need to be worked out. Hopefully we'll see some improvements next season..

Wow, I'm hoping KI gets something good, now. Because so far....we still suck.

Because Firehawk was...?

As far as I'm concerned this announcement wont majorly help the park. Yes, I agree the announcements look fantastic! However, the park itself still has some major kinks that need to be worked out. Hopefully we'll see some improvements next season..

Because Firehawk was...?

Exactly! GA was in desperate need of a new coaster..for YEARS. Kings Island ISNT. Firehawk just opened in in may of this year. GA hasnt had a coaster since March of 2001.

Because Firehawk was...?

Exactly! GA was in desperate need of a new coaster..for YEARS. Kings Island ISNT. Firehawk just opened in in may of this year. GA hasnt had a coaster since March of 2001.

And if you want to count real worth while coasters, 1998 Invertigo!!!!!!

--- Who cares about BB?? I pay for the park, not that worthless water park. ---

Actually, I think if it was a Renegade clone, it MIGHT fit over by the Imax (except for those little shops on the final turn before the brakes)...

Looking at the mockup you made, I think it might work. Though possibly a mirrored image of Renegade's layout would fit in that area better.

By the way, Any announcement on where in the park will the topspin be built?

If it really is going to have fire effects I'm thinking they'll team it up with Survivor.

Nice to finally get word on a new coaster... I have mixed feelings though. Another GCI an hour away and yet another 100 footer in a park full of short coasters really pales to some of the possibilities the park has turned down over the years. I think a Maverick type or anything with length and airtime would be much more exciting after such a long wait.

YES! Finally, a new coaster for Great America! Oh, I can't wait for the 2009 season. Also, Firefall sounds really fun. Anyone else notice it has the same name as the one at KD (minus the Tomb Raider)? Oh well, two new things in two years. That freakin rocks!

Ok, I'll admit it (if you haven't figured it out yet). I am a Great America fanboy. When I read this annoucement, I needed a tissue (lol!).

Also, the extended hours sound great. Now I can go to the park when it finally gets dark! Maybe this is a sign of good things to come. Or it could be Cedar Fair trying to jack up the price for the 49ers. I hope it's the first possibility.

Nice to finally get word on a new coaster... I have mixed feelings though. Another GCI an hour away and yet another 100 footer in a park full of short coasters really pales to some of the possibilities the park has turned down over the years. I think a Maverick type or anything with length and airtime would be much more exciting after such a long wait.

Except for the fact Maverick costs $21 million and a Renegade clone would probably be around $5 million. I have also heard people like Renegade more than Maverick.

I know Renegade cost $6.5 million but a clone would be less expensive because you don't have to pay for the design.

It says in the article they are not removing the Grizzly, but it so needs to go burn it next to Physclone in one big pile! Keep the Demon. Its actually the only coaster in the park I enjoy. I am so upset we almost got Flight Of Fear from KD. Who knows it may not end up being a woodie they can still change their minds. Maybe Hypersonic XLC? I heard its been closed or something & theyre taking it down? Maybe we will end up getting it after all. We were supposed to get it like we were so close to getting Flight Of Fear.

Who needs Boomerang Bay??? when theres Raging Waters right down the highway which is bigger & 10 times better. I hate thinking about what was there before stinky BB. STEALTH. To this day I'm still shocked its gone and most especially Greased Lightnin/Tidal Wave. GA made its worst mistake ever removing those 2 coasters.

Who needs Boomerang Bay??? when theres Raging Waters right down the highway which is bigger & 10 times better. I hate thinking about what was there before stinky BB. STEALTH. To this day I'm still shocked its gone and most especially Greased Lightnin/Tidal Wave. GA made its worst mistake ever removing those 2 coasters.

I know they did!!! Tidal Wave and Stealth were 2 of my fave coasters to ride there. I hated taking them down, I just hated it.

I know they did!!! Tidal Wave and Stealth were 2 of my fave coasters to ride there. I hated taking them down, I just hated it.

I loved Tidal Wave/Greased Lightnin because it was the only ride you didn't have to wait an hour and a half to ride. Stealth was the top ride in the park and they just made things worse by removing it.

In my opinion, Great America should destroy Boomerang Bay and redeem themselves.

I loved Tidal Wave/Greased Lightnin because it was the only ride you didn't have to wait an hour and a half to ride. Stealth was the top ride in the park and they just made things worse by removing it.

In my opinion, Great America should destroy Boomerang Bay and redeem themselves.

I Agree 1,000% with your statement! Turn Stealth into Borg ASS??? WTF? Turn TIDAL WAVE into a parts donar? Why not turn the need-e into a donar and keep tidal wave???

Paramount really screwed Great America up and they did it BAD!!! So far I like what Cedar Fail has done, lets just hope Great America will be what it once was in the late 80's - 90s