TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Reccomend an album!

BlackHole2005

Hi TPR,

Well recently, most of my topics have prettey much sucked. So I have decided to make an Unsucky topic! woo! Anyway, this topic is basically where you reccomend and album and oher people buy it then review it.

The one i'm gonna reccomend is The GO! Team- Proof of youth.

It's absolutely AMAZING, a real breath of fresh air, its one of those albums that grow on you until you love them. A brilliant mix of Indie, Soul and Rock. Just makes you want to get up and dance and all the songs are happy too!

Anyway, now its your turn, and remember to review mine!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few of mine that I listen to a lot. I'll spare you a huge list.

Darude - "Before the Storm"

The Crystal Method - "Vegas"

Hoobastank - "The Reason"

Linkin Park - "Hybrid Theory"

Linkin Park - "Meteora"

Papa Roach - "The Paramour Sessions"

POD - "Satellite"

Sum 41 - "All Killer No Filler"

Sum 41 - "Underclass Hero"

System of a Down - "Toxicity"

Assemblage 23 - Any Album: great mix of Cyber and techno, some lyrics may be depressing, but thew music certainly gets you dancing!

Linkin Park - Meteora/Hybrid Theory: Both have great songs, slow songs and the all time classics! Great band live!

CombiChrist - Everybody Hates You: Cyber/Electronica style music, very heavy on synth, but its one of the best to use at a major club event or a high-octane ride (if they allow MP3 players on-board )

Queen: "A Night At The Opera"- sure everybody's heard "Bohemian Rhapsody" but the other songs are the real hidden gems. Try "Death On Two Legs" and especially "The Prohphet's Song". This album goes from clever pop "Lazing On A Sunday Afternoon", "Seaside Rendezvous", to rock like "I'm In Love With My Car", "DOTL" and "TPS" to ballads like "Love Of My Life", nostalgia like "'39" and "Good Company".

I first listened to this album (when it was NEW 32 years ago) and have never grown tired of it.

I like these kinds of threads, but guys, whenever you recommend something to someone, it helps to at least give a short reason why you recommend it. Stuff like "(insert band name here)....because they rock!" is pretty much pointless when trying to inspire others to listen in. Just a helpful hint.

My recommendation: The Refreshments - "Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy"

In my opinion, one of the most underrated albums of the 90's. It's basically post grunge alternative rock with a more mellow vibe. The lead singer is from Arizona, so their music has a distinct southwestern/Mexican sound to it.

Most of you may recognize "Banditos" as their radio-friendly hit song. They also recorded the theme for "King of the Hill." I love the album because it may be one of the best drinking albums of all time. If you can't kick back and enjoy a six pack to this, then there may be no hope for you.

^Don't worry, all is not lost in TPR posters.

To contribute, here is my opinion on Foo Fighters- "Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace"

The album mixes together a mostly slow pace and some really good songs. My personal favorite track from the album would have to be the hit single "The Pretender." There's just something about that song that makes me want to play it over and over again, but I'm not quite sure what. But if you're a fan of alternative rock, as with any Foo Fighters CD, this is a must buy.