TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piraten has a lot of airtime. The first and second airtime hill is a little bit, but the small hills are heavy, specially in the last row. In this moment, when you loose the contact with the seat, the train change the direction.

The short trains are necessary for the compact track. A long train is too clumsy for this layout.

@ Robb: Thanks for your edit

Intamin Mega-Lite... could be considered the Intamin answer to... the Vekoma SLC series... eheheheheh - ahahahah!!! Ok, I'm joking but... an Intamin advertisement on latest Park World issue claims 4 Mega-Lite coasters already sold... so... this means that 2 more units are in the way for 2009 season!!! I will not be surprised if one of these units will appear at Mirabilandia, Italy, where Sierra Tonante wooden coaster originally was...!!! Can I bet on this???

I LOVE these Mega Lites! We definitely need one here in Wisconsin.

However, I do agree that I personally don't really like the look of Piraten. I think Kawasemi being set out over the water looks really awesome.

I really can't understand those who don't like the colours. The name is Piraten (The Pirate), so the colours can't be luminous green and red. Personally I think that they're are very "pirate-ish" and WOW they fit with the rest of the theming

From what I can seen and read here and from what I've heard on the news this coaster should be fantastic...

I'm so much going out there here in May..

Thanks for the pics, Olli. The coaster looks great.

an Intamin advertisement on latest Park World issue claims 4 Mega-Lite coasters already sold... so... this means that 2 more units are in the way for 2009 season!!! I will not be surprised if one of these units will appear at Mirabilandia, Italy, where Sierra Tonante wooden coaster originally was...!!! Can I bet on this???

Hopefully, the 4th will end up somewhere in the southeast US. Heck, I would rather have one of these than a rumored B&M hyper for BGA. I know it won't happen, but I can always hope.

Aww man.......all I see from the pics is air, air, and more air. Great pictures! It looks like it's gonna be a pretty solid coaster. I love hypers but I really like the look and style of mini hypers. I'll ride on one of those anyday!

Definitely a lot of hairtime on this little monster. SFNE should maybe think about something along these lines or something completely weird like the ball coaster for a replacement for the Dark Connigit. (or, heck, replace the Mind Eraser, but that's probably wishful thinking..)

Scott

^^^

Why would SFNE need this when they already have the highly rated airtime monster that is Superman: Ride of Steel?

Anyway, Piraten looks fantastic, especially all those airtime hills. Fun and thrills aplenty.

Hope to ride this next year at some point.

Piraten does look awesome and I would love to see one at SFNE too. I know it's unlikely and they do have RoS, but SFNE has a horrible coaster collection. Two good coasters, maybe three at the most.

Now Canobie Lake Park would be the ideal location given the height restriction.

What I would like to reiterate is the question why hasn't an Intamin Hyper been built in a while? There is still a market for Hypers, and Intamin makes some freaking insane hypers, so why aren't they being built? They are about as expensive as B&M Hypers.

• 2 years later...

Although we have not seen a news release there is confirmation that Djurs is getting a Water Coaster. Construction has started on the ride which is expected to be 27.5 meters high and 455 meters in length.

This is the first time in Denmark that a park had begun construction before the end of the park season.

Location.jpg.c900e309bfff3690b436fda2ff2283c4.jpg

Location - Looks like it is next to Piraten

Cranes.jpg.7133d85ebac33a65ad450400d0c33c96.jpg

Do we see cranes?

Sign.jpg.838d30740cdc64731df5906ea8381072.jpg

Proof of something new. New sign, check!

879289054_DirtandCranes.jpg.08a3848fc47dc02260d61e6c5494491e.jpg

Dirt and Cranes, Check!

660058058_LandClearing.jpg.d52b59784b8e16531724fd085678115a.jpg

Land Clearing, Check!

Rebar.jpg.10771a99667ed584e109ca911896a4ed.jpg

Rebar, Check!

Edited by Hhappy