TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Djurs Sommerland Discussion Thread

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New post on Facebook today:

Danmarks største nyhed 2013 bliver en rutschebane – Danmarks længste!!

Vi har været på besøg hos producenten Intamin, som også har bygget Piraten og andre af verdens bedste rutschebaner. Så vi kan godt garantere, at det bliver en STOR nyhed med unikke features, der ikke tidligere er set i Danmark eller i Europa for den sags skyld – men I må altså vente lidt endnu, før vi afslører flere detaljer

Which roughly translates into: We've been visiting Intamin which also has built Piraten. We can therefore guarantee that it'll be a HUGE coaster with unique features not seen in Denmark or Europe before.

Which roughly translates into: We've been visiting Intamin which also has built Piraten. We can therefore guarantee that it'll be a HUGE coaster with unique features not seen in Denmark or Europe before.

Is that entire thing the translation or is the second half speculation on your part?

Denmark's Biggest news 2013 will be a roller coaster - Denmark's longest!

We have been visiting Intamin, which also has built pirate and other of the world's best roller coasters. So we can guarantee that it will be a BIG news with unique features not previously seen in Denmark or Europe - but you must then wait a little longer before we reveal more details

Translated in Google Translate

I would dare anyone on this forum to say three bad things about any one Western European park, except for a few UK parks, and some of the current/former Walibi parks. When even tiny parks in Europe are able to build major attractions while still having charm, a formula that is almost unheard of in even America's largest of parks, you have yourself a continent that is a dream for theme park nerds.

The ride is pretty strongly rumored to be mulit-launched and feature inversions.

I'm putting my money on Skyrush trains being the "new in Europe" part of this one. It would make perfect sense for the park's audience to offer regular seating, but still be able to offer winged seats for those looking for a bigger thrill.

My money is on a motocoaster type ride, but a European Skyrush would be really cool! Or maybe they could put skyrush type trains on a megalite?

I'm starting to think so as well.

After watching a lot of pictures of Jet rescue it's the only one that makes sense.

Both these long rows of footers look's just like the ones for tire launches.

Here you can watch just how many supports those the tire launches uses (it's a support between every 2 wheels):

Jet Rescue

Jet Rescue

Jet Rescue

Jet Rescue

Would be interesting to see how they would theme it, if that's indeed what it is, as I doubt it would be with motorbikes.

This new coaster will be part of the park's expansion of it's Mexico Land.

Is that entire thing the translation or is the second half speculation on your part?

Not all - but some of it does not matter.

• 2 weeks later...

^I hope it's not a motocoaster. The one at Dreamworld looked really boring and slow.

I hope it's an LSM with a couple of launches, like a mini-Cheeta Hunt. It would be Europe's first double-launch coaster!

^I hope it's not a motocoaster. The one at Dreamworld looked really boring and slow.

I hope it's an LSM with a couple of launches, like a mini-Cheeta Hunt. It would be Europe's first double-launch coaster!

The price for the ride has been announced to be €9 million, witch seems a little low if you want a 1000m long Intamin LSM multi-launcher. I would love to be surprised here, but I'm not gonna set myself up for disappointment.