TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags vs. Cedar Fair

I think now after a few years, there are a few people who'd pick Cedar Fair. I mean, look what they did to Kings Island: they installed Diamondback and Banshee in the 6 years since this thread went dead.

Canada's Wonderland had Vortex and a few decent rides, but then they added Behemoth and Leviathan and now it's a destination park.

Kings Dominion installed I305, one of the world's best steel coasters.

Carowinds installed Intimidator and soon, the park will see the world's tallest and fastest giga coaster.

I think both are great companies with amazing rides, but Cedar Fair has a slight edge with their customer service.

I might pick Six Flags just because of the RMCs.

Edited by tarheel1231

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going with Cedar Fair, because they have good management and employees. But, I think there is way too much focus on Cedar Point.

Well you have to remember, CP is the chain's flagship park, and lately they've focused on adding big ride at other parks in the chain. The last big ride at the park was Gatekeeper, along with a few minor additions here and there. But I think they should start focusing on Valleyfair and WoF. Knotts also needs a big coaster, and a hyper would be good for the park. CGA seems like another great place to market, especially with the 49ers being right across the street. While Carowinds is my home park, after 2016 CF needs to start focusing on its less noticed parks.

AFTERKINGSDOMINIONGETSABIGCOASTERPLEASETHANKYOUGOODBYE.
KD fans are really starting to annoy me. They get I305 four years ago yet want a big coaster like they haven't gotten one in 10 years. With this and how many are saying Fury325 won't be a good coaster, it's like Giga coasters are Volares.

KD fans are really starting to annoy me. They get I305 four years ago yet want a big coaster like they haven't gotten one in 10 years. With this and how many are saying Fury325 won't be a good coaster, it's like Giga coasters are Volares.

I'm actually having a little bit of a hard time reading some CF threads because of that. I get that they're anxious, but 4 years is not that long ago. And at least 4 years ago they got a really good coaster; we got Pony Express at Knott's 2 years earlier and not a new coaster since.

Since I got Knott's and Magic Mountain down here, I can't really declare a superior. Knott's theming, food and events are top-notch, but Magic Mountain has a LOT more rides (many of which I still think are good... poor Viper), especially credits. So really, I say whichever one is your huckleberry.

Don't let one idiot affect your opinion about KD fans.

I am going with Cedar Fair.

Every Cedar Fair park I have ever been to has never disappointed me. Amazingly friendly staff, and a great selection of coasters.

Six Flags to me = Rude employees, rides running with NOT enough trains on the track to account for the amount of guest in the park, and they always seem to be more dirty than CF parks.

Don't let one idiot affect your opinion about KD fans.

I've seen it on the KD thread as well, saying KD deserves a big coaster before Valleyfair even. Their are both reasonable fans of parks and then these "fans" who don't appreciate what they have or are getting, I'm just seeing a surge of the "fans" on the KD thread.

Lol but people think that kd is getting their expansion after carowinds. So I want good things. Not that we haven't gotten good things (that water slide tho) but I feel that big coasters are on the horizon.
Their are other parks in the chain that need a big coaster more than KD. It's been stated CF has three parks for major investment which did not include KD, and their major investment already came around with I305. Besides, sources say the next park to get one has been Valleyfair. Maybe you will get a big coaster soon, but I'm seeing no sooner than 2018.

They sound like some of the older folks over at SFSTL thread. At least they have a somewhat legitimate beef, unlike KD.

They sound like some of the older folks over at SFSTL thread. At least they have a somewhat legitimate beef, unlike KD.

But SFSTL hasn't had a major coaster for quite a long time, and the biggest thing they have gotten was a relocated boomerang. If they got an I305, you KNOW they would shut up and thank the Six Flags Gods.

But SFSTL hasn't had a major coaster for quite a long time, and the biggest thing they have gotten was a relocated boomerang. If they got an I305, you KNOW they would shut up and thank the Six Flags Gods.

I can't deny that, they would shut up. If KD got another coaster, the kids on KD thread would want another one within two years.

I think 5+ years is a long space with no new coaster.

Back on the subject...

After my additional experience with Cedar Fair due to my trip to the Midwest, I must say that Cedar Fair clearly wins for me. It's apparent to me that CF maintains their parks and coasters much better than SF, have better operations than SF, and is more enjoyable than SF. Now, that doesn't mean Cedar Fair has issues. They have their typical lockers that everyone complains about it, they can have some pretty lousy operations at some of their rides, and CP & KI have some really annoying games people. Though, overall, I would choose Cedar Fair over Six Flags.

Now, about CP vs. SFMM. Cedar Point wins by an incredible amount. Much better coasters, much better operations, and the park itself is just so much better than SFMM.

I can't deny that, they would shut up.

Yes. We would.

I know the extra money looks to be well-invested, but Cedar Fair as a whole seems to be more expensive than SF (please resist the urge to class-trash the average SF visitor). I don't live in CF country and WOF is the only CF park I've been to, and when I got curious about how much a chain-wide season pass would be, my jaw dropped. Current 2015 sale offers for CF Platinum passes are $180, while the teaser "standard" price for SF Gold 2015 is $115 (on sale at $65-85). And virtually no one will pay that $115 price. Plus CF does not appear to offer a discount for passholders who live at distance from CF parks--this year I got SF Gold passes for a standard price of $75, didn't even have to pounce on it in the offseason for a good sale, because I live more than x miles from any SF park.

Edited by PhilNotPhil

I know the extra money looks to be well-invested, but Cedar Fair as a whole seems to be more expensive than SF (please resist the urge to class-trash the average SF visitor). I don't live in CF country and haven't actually made it to one of their parks yet, and when I got curious about how much a chain-wide season pass would be, my jaw dropped. Current 2015 sale offers for CF Platinum passes are $180, while the teaser "standard" price for SF Gold 2015 is $115 (on sale at $65-85). And virtually no one will pay that $115 price. Plus CF does not appear to offer a discount for passholders who live at distance from CF parks--this year I got SF Gold passes for $85 because I live more than x miles from SFOT.

I have noticed that CF parks admission has been on the ups as well. How much is parking ect ect at a six flags park? I have only been to CF parks

I have noticed that CF parks admission has been on the ups as well. How much is parking ect ect at a six flags park? I have only been to CF parks

Parking is a huge gouge at SF parks--$15 (scratch scratch) $20 at SFOT to park in a decrepit, cracked, shadeless lot. It's one of the perks on the "Gold" pass, though, and obviously worth it.

Edited by PhilNotPhil