Six Flags vs. Cedar Fair

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't understand the complaining about food pricing at CF parks honestly

I don't come to an amusement park to eat exotic foods, which means burgers/hotdogs etc.

Personally the food I ate at Cedar Point was better than anything at WDW for the same price.

CF drinks are slightly more expensive but they are all over priced and comparatively isn't that much more.

^yeah because $9/slice pizza is such a deal at Sux Flags.

Did he ever say it was? Or did you just want to roll your eyes at someone who favored Six Flags in any remote way over the beloved Cedar Fair?

btw last I remember a slice and bread sticks at Papa John's was $8.99 (good enough to be the referenced $9). Not too bad but still not a deal. Nice try though.

I don't care how much I spend on food at an amusement park, as long as its good. SFKK actually had the best food of any of the SF parks I've been to. I ate Papa John's and Subway all day; I was a happy camper!

CP has excellent pretzels at the Gourmet Pretzel Shop next to the Pagoda, and delicious french fries at the Happy Friar.

Both food options are good, but CF's options have more originality. SF tends to have more chains than independedent eateries, but chains have a certain standards, whcih even a SF park can't mess up.

As for other CF parks with good food, Dorney had excellent soft serve with fresh baked waffles, and Knott's had tortillas! Yum!

So many things to say.

1. If you haven't been to any parks in said chain your info is not really valid.

2. Outside of Johhny Rockets at CP Disney owns in all levels on their food.

3. Less chains. CP has Fridays, Johnny rockets, Famous Daves just off the top of my head.

4. Don't buy the pizza, and what is the cost for the pizza at CF parks.

5. If you are only interested in rides then why are you involved in this discussion. The thread asks for the better chain and when looking at the better chain ALL things should be considered.

I don't care how much you're against it, but I'm still going to think that Six Flags is better at preservation and originality.

SF Fanboy. You're just too stubborn to take it back.

Both food options are good, but CF's options have more originality. SF tends to have more chains than independedent eateries, but chains have a certain standards, whcih even a SF park can't mess up.

Oh yes SF can. And they do. Papa John's pizza at SF parks is a horrible rip off.

I don't think you should sum up CF's food quality so much as a whole, it really depends on which park you're at. For example Knott's food pretty much blows, while Cedar Point actually offers a variety of decent meals around the park.

^Can't understand your grammar in 3 of the 5 points you made.

I don't think you should sum up CF's food quality so much as a whole, it really depends on which park you're at. For example Knott's food pretty much blows, while Cedar Point actually offers a variety of decent meals around the park.

Nah. Both chains get a C- at best as far as food goes. Maybe a D+. Counter service at virtually all US parks is awful.

Kings Island has WAY better food then Cedar point. At ki i got a special burger and it came with bacon, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and a bunch of other good stuff on it. While a maverick burger only came with a burge and cheese. But maybe Ki is still suffering from Paramount Syndrome.

I think Knott's Berry Farm has good food. Their chicken is the reason why the park even exists!

The Coaster's Grill was a bit cheap, but the frozen lemonade with the lemon bits was quite refreshing on a hot day. I don't eat Mexican food, but my parents were pleased with the food they got in the Mexican secton.

I think now, that we're getting a clone, SHAPIRO SUCKS, Cedar Fair wins, mainly because they don't have nearly as many clones except their boomerangs!

Italian Job, Racer, corkscrews, wild mice. They still have less clones but they are far from innoncent. They also only have about 7 ride names also.

Italian Job, Racer, corkscrews, wild mice. They still have less clones but they are far from innoncent. They also only have about 7 ride names also.

Whining about clones is one of the most silly phenomenons in all of coaster dorkdom. Individual parks in the CF and SF chains are marketed almost exclusively to local customers. The enthusiast who tries to hit all of their parks is not a high priority in their decisions because frankly there aren't that many of them. If they can save money by not having to pay for custom designs then it's just smart business.

The issue is not whether or not a ride is a clone. The issue is quality. If Six Flags installed an El Toro clone in 5 of its parks would people complain? Well, yes they would, but they would be dumb.

^Great post. I agree with you 100% I was just going after the person who doesn't believe CF clones stuff. No one complains about SROS clones. The only people who really notice clones are the dorks like us who travel all over the place going to parks. We make up maybe 2% of attendance. I mean even on TPR look how many members never get out of a specific area of the country.

^Great post. I agree with you 100% I was just going after the person who doesn't believe CF clones stuff. No one complains about SROS clones. The only people who really notice clones are the dorks like us who travel all over the place going to parks. We make up maybe 2% of attendance. I mean even on TPR look how many members never get out of a specific area of the country.

Yeah, I knew what you were saying. It's just amazing how people throw the word clone around like it's some kind of dirty word. I can think of about 50 rides I'd like cloned at Kings Island. Rides that would make me want to actually go again. You don't have to be original. You just have to be good.

^ I don't mind clones, as long as its good ride. The way I see it, SPREAD THE GOODNESS!!! The only clone I'm not fond of is the SLC. Most, if not all, other ride and coaster clones are good enough to be cloned in the first place. I like Boomerangs(to an extent), and I love Batmans and popular flat rides.

• 5 months later...

It has been the common perception that Cedar Point is a better park than Six Flags Magic Mountain. In terms of service, the quality of the rides, etc. But let's see how the 2 parks stack up against one another when you compare similar rides:

*Gold Rusher vs. Cedar Creek Mine Ride: A close contest, feel free to compare them thoroughly.

*Ninja vs. Iron Dragon: Ninja wins, by a landslide. Right?

*Riddler's Revenge vs. Mantis: Riddler's Revenge is better, yes?

*Colossus vs. Gemini: Not the best comparison since Gemini has a tubular steel track, but Gemini is smoother while Colossus is more thrilling, I believe. True?

*Revolution or Viper vs. Corkscrew: Well...I don't know!

*Goliath vs. Magnum XL-200 or Millennium Force: You tell me!

While I have done it in the past, I feel that trying to compare ride to ride at Magic Mountain versus Cedar Point is kind of pointless. Sure there are some comparisons, but each park really does have quite a different selection in types of rides.

I think the only coasters you could compare are: Stand Up, Invert, Mine Train, Suspended, and *maybe* two of the hypers.

Other than that, everything pretty different genre-wise.

My advice to you -

Go to both parks then come back and tell us which one you had an overall better time at.

Or, even better -

Go to both parks, and THEN go to Tijuana. Pick up some cheap alcohol, shot guns and hookers and then come back and tell us where you had the better time at!

--Robb

Or, even better -

Go to both parks, and THEN go to Tijuana. Pick up some cheap alcohol, shot guns and hookers and then come back and tell us where you had the better time at!

--Robb

Oh man, Robb, you have no idea what kind of trouble I've been into coming back from Tijuana. Despite the 3 credits to get, I'm not going back!

--Chris

• 6 years later...