TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stupidity in Action: AmusementSafety.org

"During launch rider was caught off guard, subsequently during ride he banged ears against restraint causing bruising."

This was taken verbatim from incidents on the Hulk. There's another one:

"Rider caught off guard by launch had sharp pain in neck and radiated towards back. Rider did not ride anything else all day."

WTF?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally like how they are focusing in on BTTF (yeah, the ride that is no longer there) and how it caused motion sickness.

The funny thing is, they try and make it sound all professional-like, but the results are nothing more than what tabloids like Star or Enquirer dish out.

I personally like how they are focusing in on BTTF (yeah, the ride that is no longer there) and how it caused motion sickness.

The funny thing is, they try and make it sound all professional-like, but the results are nothing more than what tabloids like Star or Enquirer dish out.

I would agree with everything they have to say on Back to the Future and I'm glad it's gone.

I also agree with everything they say about Ghostrider. It's a VERY rough coaster and I refuse to ride it again until those braver than I confirm it's been fixed.

But yeah, they must be wrong because they are something negative about roller coasters, get them!!!

^ Do you really want to know?

Anyway, these guys are completely insignificant and should even garner enough attention to start a thread.

Sure, the person they supposedly "interviewed" got injured and didn't ride another ride all day. Did he report it to the park ... I think not. If it is not reported to the park, it might as well of not happened.

The guy who runs Amusement Safety Organization posts on my site once in awhile. He's a nice guy and I have nothing bad to say about him.

However, I think that his site takes some of the reports too seriously. Coasters are going to somewhat rough (especially wooden coasters and simulators). I prefer coasters that push the limits of the human body to the extreme, such as rough wooden coasters, fast coasters, and coasters with crazy amounts of negative g's (superman ride of steel). I think that the site would be much more trustworthy if they didn't report every minor accident, but only the major ones, such as major rough spots and unsafe ride operations.

Rides are designed to the safest degree, so I think that he is much better off looking for flaws in small parks running their rides unsafely vs rough spots on multimillion dollar roller coasters.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I'm just discussing his site, so I'd prefer not to deal with any flame posts.

I believe they made this big stink over some guy getting a back pain on Psyclone. That happened to me. I didn't complain; I just decided that I wouldn't ride Psyclone again.
Of course, it would have helped others who don't like rough rides to determine if they would like to ride or not.

I think you guys are taking the web site more seriously than the guy who runs it does. They're just reader reviews. If you didn't think BttF was rough, then have a blast. The fact is the attraction had a reputation for being rough, and it would be nice for some people to know before they go.