TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Evel Knievel - NEW GCI Coaster For Six Flags St. Louis

I was going to put this into super rumor, but since the fairgrounds section of the park is now dirt. Moon cars are being moved, and the one building in that area will probably be leveled by next week. This is going to be big. Screamscape is saying now a GCI. Other sites were saying steel.

If it is a GCI, that would be nice because thier other two woodies are, well, one is okay, the other needs major work. Screamin Eagle is a nice woodie. Boss on the other hand is like jekyll and hyde. I have only had bad rides on it. This park is the nicest one I been to. and rank it second among the top small parks I been too.

Plus I would love to have a GCI not going through many different roads like I would have to get to Beach Bend. SF Stl. is only a quick ride over on 70- 44.

Also, the word is 09 the year for the water park since it would be the 10th anniversary for it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be in the RUMORS thread. However I Wood'nt have believed that a coaster was coming last year if I hadn't heard it from the horse's mouth! Can't believe SFStL will be tied with PKI for most woodies in one park next season -- well if you count RACER as one coaster

I love wooden coasters, so the fact that SFSTL appears to be adding one is music to my ears. I have never had the privelage to ride a GCI, and if one is going in in Missouri, that's great. St. Louis is not even a 5 hour drive for me, and I for one will be there when it opens.

Whatever it is it's gonna be pretty big... no Tony Hawk here. Also there's some talk that it's gonna be a dual track racing coaster. SFSTL really deserves another coaster. Yeah we got THBS last year but for so many years we got picked over in favor of other parks that already had a large selection of big coasters. I'm glad SFSTL is getting so much attention from the powers that be.

Internet Chatter has it being a GCI with Milennium Flyers. I've also heard it will have a DC Comics theme/name (which I despise- I hate rides named after movies/shows/characters- although I may very much love the ride itself.)

GCI with MF trains would be choice...

THBS was a good addition but I'd love to see this rumor come true.

The Boss isn't as much Jeckyl and Hyde. Everytime I ride last car, I have great rides...anywhere towards the front or middle is rough, but it's always been pretty consitant for me. Eh, to each their own..

Even though I would rather see a steel coaster(although they have the basic designs(invert, family, kiddie, sit down, hyper/launched), a GCI wood coaster is great too. Six Flags St. Louis always amazes me, and while their coasters are not great(Mr. Freeze is really good though), they are a lot of fun. Plus with what GCI has been coming up with, it could become the parks best coaster, and I might have another reason to go there next year if I'm in the area.

Airtime-I thought Boss was GCI when I first rode it...was I in for a surprise-&Gravity

^Nope Boss is a Custom Crap International (CCI) designed woodie -- those guys are now at Groan and Grimace (GG).

This ride installation is an interesting one -- when all of the details are released some people will be rather surprised that SFStL is getting this ride.

How soon people forget that it ran PTC trains (Eagle's) for media day because they did not have the G-trains in yet. They kept valleying (the PTC trains). They wouldn't make any difference. Those who rode in the PTC trains at media day said it was uncomfortable even then -- and it was BRAND NEW!

^Nope Boss is a Custom Crap International (CCI) designed woodie -- those guys are now at Groan and Grimace (GG).

I know Boss is a CCI, but when I first saw it, I thought the G-trains were Millennium Flyers, but I knew it wasn't one once the pain started.

As much as I'd like to see a GCI at the park, Six Flags St. Louis needs something big/unique, and I don't think another wooden coaster is the best choice for the park if they want to compete outside of the St. Louis metro area.

As much as I'd like to see a GCI at the park, Six Flags St. Louis needs something big/unique, and I don't think another wooden coaster is the best choice for the park if they want to compete outside of the St. Louis metro area.

I'm not the hugest fan of GCII (airtime owns curves), but I do respect their craft. They make quality woodies that can be enjoyed by enthusiast and GP alike. And they don't require 20% retracking every year. Considering that Six Flags is trying to rebrand into a family park chain, I think GCII coasters fit the bill exceptionally well. They're fun, don't take up much space, and are reasonably priced.

How soon people forget that it ran PTC trains (Eagle's) for media day because they did not have the G-trains in yet. They kept valleying (the PTC trains). They wouldn't make any difference. Those who rode in the PTC trains at media day said it was uncomfortable even then -- and it was BRAND NEW!

Actually, I believe it was the G-trains that were not making it around and they ended up trying the Screamin' Eagle train which did work and it was used for the media day. I recall hearing that they had just gotten a train to go around the course the day before media day.

I rode The Boss with the PTC train and it was pretty brutal, but it at least has padding. The turn at the bottom of the first drop was one of the big problems (brutal spot) and I believe that was mellowed out a bit at a later time. On media day, you could see the train jerk side to side there. As for "brand new," the structure was, but the train wasn't so I think it moved through the course a little faster than a new train would have.

There was one other really brutal spot at the start of media day. There was a nasty pothole on the climb after the drop off the mid-course brake. In some seats it was awful. My friend and I chose seat 4 for our first ride thinking that a brand new ride wouldn't be rough. WRONG! They closed the ride down at one point and made some adjustments to the track and then it was much better for the remainder of the day.

Maybe The Expansions gonna be a name change!

Six Flags Over Texas Located in St Lois

Im Mean You Stole our One Signiture Ride!

Mr Freeze!

Which you had previously stolen from Six Flags Astroworld.

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about a GCI for this park. They already appear to have a decent wood coaster selection (Although they do lack a racer/dueler and a true twister). A hyper like previously rumored would have been a better choice. And Six Flags St. Louis isn't that far from WoF and Branson right? Celebration City already has Wildcat, and SDC and WoF are both rumored to be getting GCIs in the near future.

So I'm probably missing something here, but why does everyone assume this will be a woodie? I really hope it is one, but it just seems like everyone is just jumping to a popular, unfounded conclusion.

I mean, it could be a woodie, but it could also be plenty of other things for all most people can reasonably tell.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but false hopes are never fun in the end.

Actually, they did have the G-trains. The G-trains could not make it up into the midcourse. They still can't when they are the least bit cold. That's why they have to put the weights in them every day during testing, or when a cold train is put into service. The Eagle's train was put in service the night before media day for testing. I got to ride with one of the mechanics who told me about the disappointment with the G-trains.

Boy, that ride was rough, though. The PTC train was MUCH more comfortable than the G-trains. I just wonder how much better the ride would be now with PTCs since they've down so much trackwork.