TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Does anyone on here like Goliath at Magic Mountain?

IMO, Goliath is basically the Anti Magnum. While Magnum delivers mostly Airtime, Goliath delivers mostly Positive Gs. While I do say it could be better, Its still fun. At least it doesn't do random $hit in the middle of a desert.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^If you take a look at Six Flags coasters you can see they mostly like to stay with B&M coasters over Intamin coasters because they want more people that live near the parks to go onto it without worrying too much if they can fit onto it or not with Intamin coasters a lot of fairly overweight people (any person over 240) would have a bigger dificulty getting onto those coasters rather than a B&M coaster because they're more lenient on bigger people going onto their rides.

^^If you take a look at Six Flags coasters you can see they mostly like to stay with B&M coasters over Intamin coasters because they want more people that live near the parks to go onto it without worrying too much if they can fit onto it or not with Intamin coasters a lot of fairly overweight people (any person over 240) would have a bigger dificulty getting onto those coasters rather than a B&M coaster because they're more lenient on bigger people going onto their rides.

I don't think that's true. There's plenty of other factors that are more important than if fatties can fit on the ride in choosing a designer. Cost, reliability, scope of project, etc.

^^Well from what I've heard from one of the ride managers at Magic Mountain (I don't remember his name) that's one of the most prominent reasons they go with B&M coasters over Intamin coasters because they want to have almost every person going onto their rides and not all tourist based people from other countries that's one of the reasons I prefer the Six Flags chain over the Cedar Fair chain because from what I've seen from their parks they have rose-colored glasses that prohibit them from seeing how big a fair bit of America is they think that every person in America is skinny but if they watched shows like The Biggest Loser and Honey We're Killing The Kids! they'd see that definitely isn't true.

First of all Six Flags does have its share of Intamin's although not at Magic Mountain, just as Cedar Fair has it's share of B&M's, but my main question is, what does this have to do with the topic? Goliath at MM is neither an Intamin or a B&M, and since when did this become a size of rider discussion

I haven't been on any other Goliath except the one at SFMM, so I can't fully answer, but I do love the first drop. It's super intense! Definitely one of my favorite non-lopping steal costers. I do wish it had more airtime hills, and a less harsh brake run...but then, its not a perfect world.

The only real reason I like the one at Magic Mountain is because they're more lenient on bigger people rather than the replicates of them made by B&M because I highly doubt I'd get onto the ones at other parks at my present weight.

There are no replicates made by B&M. Titan is like Goliath but (with an extra helix) but is made by the same company.

B&M only has 2 Goliaths as far as I know...Intamin 1.