TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New style of MTV VMA'S Las Vegas

JuanSe_Colombia

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really like the VMA's this year. The performances sucked, except the last one with Nelly Furtado, Timbaland and Justin Timberlake.

Even though Britney totally bombed her performance, I still love her. It was funny to watch too.

OMG! Britney was just to funny! She has lost everything she once had. (real hair included!) Must say I was impress with Foo Fighters doing a duo with Gnarls Barkley, really didn't expect it and it was pretty good as well.

Does anyone else think the singer from Fall Out Boy sounds a LOT different live than on recordings? It didn't even sound similar to me. Sounds to me like they have done a lot to his voice during the mixing sessions of the records.

I found them to be fairly lame. I don't know. It just seems like too much to me. It's more fitting for a New Year's Eve party than an awards show.

It just made me wonder though... when I was in junior high and early high school, everybody I knew loved watching the MTV awards shows. We looked forward to it, talked about it forever, and pretty much thought they were the TV highlights of the year. That seemed to be what the whole school thought. Now I watch them and think they are the dumbest things I can find on TV. So were they actually cool back then? Or were we just a bunch of teeny boppers who thought everything MTV did was awesome?

^I'm with you, back in the past I used to actually pay attention and watch the awards, though this year I didn't even bother tuning in. Of course, back in the day, they actually played music videos on MTV. I just keep expecting to tune into the awards and all they have is categories like "Best Real World this season" or "Best Episode of Date My Mom".

Beached Whale Britney was nothing special. I only watched that bit on the internet and stopped.

I would watch the whole thing but a, couldn't be bothered and b, every single on the mtv site says "copyright restrictions stop us playing this outside of the us".

I was at the VMAs this year...well technically I was at the VIP Party inside Rain with Linkin Park. They had screens showing the show during the party and I have to say it did leave a lot to be desired for the viewers at home. LP's performance was pretty cool with the lasers and smoke.

Actually being there for all the madness was pretty cool though. We managed to get into a few after parties so that was pretty awesome as well. The big talk of the parties was Britney. Honestly, we didnt even know the show had started. We thought that was a last minute rehearsal until we checked our watches and realized, no that was the real thing (we were watching via closed circuit tv). The best part was the shot of Rihanna laughing like "this bitch is played out".

I thought that the VMAs were pretty bad compared to previous years. The first problem was that most of the peformances were not on the main stage. This not only limits the possibilities for a performance, but it also tkaes away the excitement. You colud also tell that the suite performances were filemd the night before since it was 6 oclock when the VMAs started and it was too dark for it to be 6 30 or so. And when they did show the suite perfomrances they cut into a commercial break halfway through. Also, they hyped this thing way too much. For the past 2 months the only thing MTV has been talking about is the VMAs and when they got here it was kind of disappointing. They also hyped up Britney's performance way too much. In my opinion she wasn't as bad as everyone else thinks becuase she was lip synching which kinda helps you not mess up all the notes. She looked real tired and was kinda dragging while dancing and she should not have worn just a bra and panties on. I also think they should not have gotten Srah Silverman on there because she is not funny and her jokes are just crass, stupid, and uninspired. I think the best performance was of the night was Alicia Keys. All and all I found it real disappointing. I think they should have the VMAs in Miami again.

Its ok to lip sync but... only if your dancing your butt off, not stumbling around like a tpr tripper on their 3rd day trying to get there sleepy butts on the buss before it leaves britts performance was expected for me though Chris Angels name got thrown in there and i just knew it would go down hill from there. The whole mimycing Elvis's come back idea was cool but you have to be sober to perform at the VMA's... thats just my guess. I grew up an Nsync brittney spears fan and its really unfortunate the down ward spiral she has turned into over the past couple of years.

= brittney's career

Some people no longer deserve to be famous (an argument can be made whether they should have been in the first place too) and Britney is one of them. Sorry, but seeing as many young people for some reason look up to celebrities, she should never set foot on a stage again. What she has is long gone after the days of baby incidents and crotch shots.

Having said that the VMA's were a let down, though I wasn't planning on watching them initially either. However, I think being at the VMA's would have been quite the experience. Being in a hotel room with your favorite band playing with a hundred or so other people would be pretty cool.

I agree with the performances being cut off as a bad idea.

They were telling us that they were doing it to make it seem as if these were private parties going on and the viewers were supposedly sneaking a peak as MTV had taken over the Palms. Mediocre idea, poor execution.

The majority of the suite parties did actually take place during the show. (All of us "extras/invited guests" had to check in at the same place and then be bussed to the hotel"). BUT, they mocked up the backdrop. Meaning that background was a set piece on a flat wall, notice how every suite had the same view. AND if you have been in a Palm's room or have been to Vegas you would know that view is not possible from where the parties were taking place.

The only party that was pre-recorded was the Kanye West one as that one had some outdoor shots.

After watching them online, they all came off just as staged as they were. They casted all the people in there (meaning you couldnt just get in on your own free will). The sets were fake and what not. And I think we came out better off attending the Linkin Park thing as they had food and drinks and a lot more space to party in.