TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2 Guys Get Banned from BGE for Posting Griffon Malfunction

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see that BG is taking something like this seriously, although I think they might have a legal case against these individuals if they can prove the restraints were tampered with. It jeopardizes the safety of everyone on the ride to mess with the restraints, whether the design "allows" you to or not. Most coasters have accessible manual releases so that restraints can be unlocked by employees or maintenance in the event the train has to be evacuated outside of the normal loading area. They are designed so that a normal guest wouldn't be able to access them unless they had another object with them (like a screwdriver), and knew what they were doing. Not to mention, Virginia is one of the states which as adopted the 'Amusement Device Rider Safety Act' which has the following condition:

"c. Disconnecting or disabling a safety device except at the express instruction of the owner's or operator's agent or employee."

If the park can prove the rider violated this condition, they could easily be slapped with a state fine.

I think it's possible, if not likely, these individual(s) could have worked in the park in the past, and may have a history with Busch Gardens. According to the article, they're both from the tidewater area around the park, and if one of them had worked there, they may know how the B&M restraints can be manipulated. But that's just a guess.

Ok, say you just spent a ton of cash customizing a really sweet car and you have a great rep for custom work. Now, you let the 2 guys take a spin in it on 2 different occasions, and both times it comes back from these guys with seat-belt problems. Nobody else who's driven the car has had problems, and you know you've installed the belts right and maintained them well. Then, on top of this, those 2 guys film the problem and say you do crappy unsafe work and the car sucks, niether of which is true. Wouldn't you be upset and ban them from driving the car after all the time, money, and work you put into it?

McFly...you didn't tell me your car had a blind spot! And now look, who's going to pay for this? I spilt beer all over my tie!

B&M coasters are some of the most reliable and safe roller coasters out there, and do restraints get stuck...I'm sure it happens once in a blue moon but I have never seen a B&M restraint not unlock in the station when supposed to. On Arrows it happens a lot, that's why the foot pedal is there, but these two idiots are not free of guilt and did themselves more harm than good by filming the incident. The restraint operated as it was supposed to, and it locked when it was supposedly tampered with. The only people for blame here are the two morons, who put themselves in the lousy position that they are now in, a no-trespassing order.

Forget parks looking into their names, they probably fail to grasp that serious employers and background checks, heck, even potential girlfriends and online stalkers will now clearly pick up their names for doing stupid stuff with a simple Googling.

Ok, say you just spent a ton of cash customizing a really sweet car and you have a great rep for custom work. Now, you let the 2 guys take a spin in it on 2 different occasions, and both times it comes back from these guys with seat-belt problems. Nobody else who's driven the car has had problems, and you know you've installed the belts right and maintained them well. Then, on top of this, those 2 guys film the problem and say you do crappy unsafe work and the car sucks, niether of which is true. Wouldn't you be upset and ban them from driving the car after all the time, money, and work you put into it?

B&M coasters are some of the most reliable and safe roller coasters out there, and do restraints get stuck...I'm sure it happens once in a blue moon but I have never seen a B&M restraint not unlock in the station when supposed to.

Two words:

Georgia. Scorcher.

I've been on that ride about five times. On at least two of these occasions, the restraints have been stuck in station (free ride!). Maybe it's just on stand-ups or something, but it's not uncommon, as far as I can see.

If those 2 guys are found "guilty" of damaging the ride then yes they should get slapped with a "banning" order, only the ride Ops and Technical people can mess around with the coaster cars.

What's the link on youtube for the video...

I'll be happy to visit other parks if I got banned from one for a year or 2.

So the restraint got stuck and maintenance had help someone get out. These two idiots thought this was such an incredible event that they needed to get it captured on video and posted on YouTube. Are they going to get lawyers and sue next? Things break, rides get stuck, and guess what everything isn't perfect in this world. Doesn't mean we need to chronicle all of it and post it everywhere for the world to see.

They just did this because they could and all this great technology allows us to do it without thinking whether or not we should do it.