TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

^That game was a blast to watch. Elliot is a beast, he was a joy to watch at Ohio State, and although I hate the Cowboys, I want him to succeed, and by the looks of it, he is going to have a great season which will hopefully extend to a great career.

The Steelers haven't looked like the "Steelers" this season, there defense is week. However, they do benefit from playing Cleveland next. That should solve there struggles they have had over the last 5 games.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As far as the ratings could any of it have to do with the fact that the football this year has just been kinda of bad? I mean right now Kansas City is the #2 seed in the AFC, and Houston and Baltimore are competing for wild card spots? Detroit is winning the NFC north, and Seattle might be the 3rd best team in the NFL but played in a 6-6 tie two weeks ago. There just hasn't been a lot of great football up to this point although Dallas vs Pittsburgh and Seattle vs New England were both pretty great games yesterday.

^I hope the NFL gets rid of the tie. College football has the right idea in mind with overtime, the only thing I might change would be moving the teams back further. Make them get atleast one first down to get inside field goal range. But then again, that might eliminate the excitement that OT brings in college football.

One of the most exciting games I have ever seen, was when Eli was at Ole Miss and he went into 7 or 8 OT's against Arkansas. Right now NFL OT doesn't even compare to what college has put forth.

• 4 weeks later...
I posted a response to your inquiry in the league thread!

I'm pretty happy with my team's performance this season, but I feel like it's irrelevant, because my son's team is a flat out beast, and will probably go unbeaten and win it all, barring injuries! Any time you're rostering the top 3 RBs in the league on one team, you're going to win a LOT more than you lose, in Fantasy Football! The suspension dropping Le'veon's value, and the severe undervaluing of DeMarco Murray coming into the season, really helped him out, as his QB and WRs are all great too! (Not to mention my ill-fated trade of David Johnson for Adrian Peterson! )

are you going to leave the playoffs on the fantasy leagues how they are? ( 4 weeks total, 2 weeks per round) i think you should just extend the regular season by a game or 2 and then just have 2 weeks for the playoffs. one week per round. Also looks like its going to be husband and wife and father son playoffs.

That was the default setting, apparently, and now that we're here on the doorstep of the Playoffs, I think it's probably best to leave it as is. If this had been brought up to be changed a couple weeks ago even, I wouldn't have minded doing it, but now, I know Playoff mindset and prep for teams has begun. For next year? Absolutely, let's do it differently! (And get more members in the league, too!)

That was the default setting, apparently, and now that we're here on the doorstep of the Playoffs, I think it's probably best to leave it as is. If this had been brought up to be changed a couple weeks ago even, I wouldn't have minded doing it, but now, I know Playoff mindset and prep for teams has begun. For next year? Absolutely, let's do it differently! (And get more members in the league, too!)

Ya, i didnt catch it untill this week. Matchuo should be changed to. Top 2 teams in each devision should play eachother to go to the chamionship. Not by record.

Ya, i didnt catch it untill this week. Matchuo should be changed to. Top 2 teams in each devision should play eachother to go to the chamionship. Not by record.

While I do setup the Divisions in one league I run, as a sort of Conference system, where teams play only within their own Division until the Championship Game, typically, whether in default leagues or even others I run, the seeding goes by record, and points scored. Personally, I like that it provides a little more true 1-4, 2-3, parity in the matchups, but as for this league, I'm easygoing about setting it up differently. But again, changes of that nature really need to be done and understood prior to the start of the Playoffs (which I would define as beginning as soon as the last game of the Regular Season ends. I mean, it benefits me personally to change the matchups, as playing my son's team is pretty much an effort in futility, as this season has shown. But I feel like the time for any changes has passed... Again, however, I am 100% open to setting up next season however people most prefer it, and hopefully we'll have at least 10 teams as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, its alright. I dont really mind either way. Just im use to playing within my division for playoffs like the actuall nfl, afc vs nfc untill the superbowl. But top 4 is cool also. If you where top 4 you deserve to be in the playoffs i guess. And its looking like its going to be an upset against your son for you.

Barring a crazy big game from Kirk Cousins and Rob Kelley, I think my son will pull it off after all! Shame I didn't set it up based on divisions! Him and I likely (based on my projections for Cousins and Kelley) BOTH would have won this week, and played for the TItle! Oh well... Good luck next week!

Interesting thing though... In another league I'm in with my son, he actually went 12-0-1 during the regular season, and had a 1st Round BYE in the playoffs. Then I played him this week, as a 6-5-2 team (I handed him his 1 tie), and have already beaten him, with Jamison Crowder and Greg Olsen still to play. He didn't do bad, as he scored over 200 points, but my team was off the chain! (My record in that league is deceiving, as I was the 3rd highest scoring team in the league, behind my son, and the guy I'll play next week in the Championship Game. It was a really unlucky season - I mean, 2 ties?!?! One is rare enough as it is, and mine came in consecutive weeks! )

Barring a crazy big game from Kirk Cousins and Rob Kelley, I think my son will pull it off after all! Shame I didn't set it up based on divisions! Him and I likely (based on my projections for Cousins and Kelley) BOTH would have won this week, and played for the TItle! Oh well... Good luck next week!

Interesting thing though... In another league I'm in with my son, he actually went 12-0-1 during the regular season, and had a 1st Round BYE in the playoffs. Then I played him this week, as a 6-5-2 team (I handed him his 1 tie), and have already beaten him, with Jamison Crowder and Greg Olsen still to play. He didn't do bad, as he scored over 200 points, but my team was off the chain! (My record in that league is deceiving, as I was the 3rd highest scoring team in the league, behind my son, and the guy I'll play next week in the Championship Game. It was a really unlucky season - I mean, 2 ties?!?! One is rare enough as it is, and mine came in consecutive weeks! )

thanks im going to need it. its going to be a tough one to get the W against your son. But hey anything can happen.

So we're two weeks away from the playoffs and the playoffs are kinda halfway set/ halfway undecided. What are everyone's thoughts on AFC/NFC championship games and potential Superbowl matchups?

This seems like it has the potential to be a weird year where anyone except maybe the AFC south champion, 2nd AFC Wild Card team, and the Lions if they get in have a legitimate shot to make the Superbowl. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised at a Giants vs Chiefs Superbowl, or a Packers vs Ravens, or Falcon's Steelers os something. This feels like a year where the Ravens or Packers, or Steelers, someone will get hot, have a little luck, and make a run. Also helps that the top team in each league really isn't all that great.

Being from Cincinnati, I pray it's not the Steelers, but they have one of the most dangerous offenses, and probably one of the most dominant offensive players in bell in the league right now. If my Bengals cant get in (which is every year) I always tend to cheer for the teams that haven't been there before, I like seeing some new teams in there. A game where I'm not cheering for anybody, I can be a fan and just watch it and enjoy it.

As the picture sits right now, from the AFC I wouldn't mind seeing the Chiefs, Dolphins or Raiders. From the NFC I wouldn't mind seeing the Falcons, Giants, or Cowboys (big Ohio State fan, love what Elliot is bringing to the NFL).

If I am a betting man, my pick right now would be Patriots vs Packers. If I got to pick any two teams, I would say Raiders vs Falcons.

The Patriots have been the most consistent team in the AFC, not sure if anybody can go into New England and come away with a victory. The Packers are one of the hottest team's in the NFL right now, if Rodgers can stay healthy he is a huge threat, and their defense has been playing very good as of late. I think Green Bay wins out the season and ends up winning the NFC North.

Out of the teams in the hunt, I would like to see Tennessee from the AFC and Tampa Bay from the NFC squeeze in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What a game!

Gotta admit, those 2nd and 3rd quarters were insanley boring, but that 4th quarter comeback was insane. It was as if one second the Pats had no chance and the next they were tied.

Where would you guys rank that among the other Superbowls? As a younger fan, I've only seen the 7 most recent Superbowls and I'd rank them

1. Giants over Patriots in 2012

2. Patriots over Falcons in 2017

3. Patriots over Seahawks in 2015

4. Ravens over 49ers in 2013

5. Packers over Steelers in 2011

6. Broncos over Panthers in 2016

7. Seahawks over Broncos in 2014

Atlanta will go down with the Bills as one of the all-time greatest choke artists in SB history.

At least I won $95 on my pools.

Wondering what people thought of this year's commercials? I don't care for the fact that they seem to be getting away from the funnier ones and leaning towards the more serious or heartwarming - or the just downright stupid ones.