TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

^ Tom Brady > rest of the league ......... just kidding.

Here is a pretty good article that Yahoo sports wrote about the Harbagh brothers and their relationship to my alma mater Western Kentucky University. Their father Jack was the head coach at Western for 20~ years and Jim was actually an unpaid assistant for 8 years while he was still playing in the NFL. It's kind of a cool story really, the kind of thing that would get a lot of attention in this day and age of social media. Could you imagine the buzz that would be created if someone like Eli Manning or Matt Ryan were doing house call and recruiting high school players in person for their colleges? That kind of thing doesn't happen, but it's a perfect example of who the Harbaugh's really are.

Harbaugh Sons use unconventional methods to help father build college football pwerhouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't have a problem with the "Cold Weather" Super Bowl, I have a problem that it seems that the only reason they are allowing it is because it's in "New York".

Now if they are going to allow the game to be played in other "Cold Weather" cities such as Chicago or Baltmore or other "Bad Weather" cities like Seattle, Santa Clara, Carolina, Kansas City, etc then I'm totally ok with it.

KC and Seattle have pretty new stadiums and Soldier Field is essentially new yet I've never heard of those cities being even considered for a Super Bowl.

I don't have a problem with the "Cold Weather" Super Bowl, I have a problem that it seems that the only reason they are allowing it is because it's in "New York".

Now if they are going to allow the game to be played in other "Cold Weather" cities such as Chicago or Baltmore or other "Bad Weather" cities like Seattle, Santa Clara, Carolina, Kansas City, etc then I'm totally ok with it.

KC and Seattle have pretty new stadiums and Soldier Field is essentially new yet I've never heard of those cities being even considered for a Super Bowl.

Totally agree. If you're going to allow New York, then you really have to start allowing it in other 'cold' locations.

I think that would make the game more fun to watch...from the comfort of my living room! All the executives will just go hide in one of the many clubs or their suites, since that is basically who attends the Super Bowl now anyways.

Edited by Jew

Wasn't there some sort of incentive set by the NFL a few years ago for teams that if they built a new stadium then they could host the Superbowl? Pretty sure Indy, Phoenix, Dallas, Detroit, and next year New York had never hosted a Superbowl (at least not in a while) until they all built new stadiums.

Wasn't there some sort of incentive set by the NFL a few years ago for teams that if they built a new stadium then they could host the Superbowl?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that too.

I'm completely against a cold weather site. If you're gonna have a championship game of any sort, for any sport, the playing surface and conditions should be as favorable as possible (ex:it's bad enough that the World Series has crept into frickin' November). It's supposed to be about showcasing the best two teams and their talents, and you can't do that if both quarterbacks have to hand off 75% of the game due to their hands being frozen and the ball feeling like a rock!

There's just no logical reason for giving one team an advantage over another in the most important game of the season. Obviously you can't prevent rain in traditional SB places like Miami or SoCal, but to run the risk of having inclement weather decide the outcome is absurd.

I'm still seriously hoping for a blizzard next year, just to eff up the NFL's plans. Having northern cities host a Super Bowl is stupid enough, but having it outdoors is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. /end rant

Wasn't there some sort of incentive set by the NFL a few years ago for teams that if they built a new stadium then they could host the Superbowl?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that too.

I'm completely against a cold weather site. If you're gonna have a championship game of any sort, for any sport, the playing surface and conditions should be as favorable as possible (ex:it's bad enough that the World Series has crept into frickin' November). It's supposed to be about showcasing the best two teams and their talents, and you can't do that if both quarterbacks have to hand off 75% of the game due to their hands being frozen and the ball feeling like a rock!

There's just no logical reason for giving one team an advantage over another in the most important game of the season. Obviously you can't prevent rain in traditional SB places like Miami or SoCal, but to run the risk of having inclement weather decide the outcome is absurd.

I'm still seriously hoping for a blizzard next year, just to eff up the NFL's plans. Having northern cities host a Super Bowl is stupid enough, but having it outdoors is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas. /end rant

I'm a bit torn on this topic, I agree with you that in a perfect world he championship game should be played on a fair neutral surface in ideal conditions, but if you think about it the two teams in the game are from different cities and have had to overcome adverse playing conditions to get to the Superbowl, that's why they are in the Superbowl and overcoming adversity is part of the game. On the other hand yeah it would be awful to see a Superbowl played in a complete shizz storm of rain/snow/freezing cold/wind where you walk away thinking that regardless of who wins I don't really know who the better team was because the weather conditions leveled the playing field so drastically. That would be an awful Superbowl to watch and an awful way to lose.

^ I used to be a bit torn on it too, because like every other red-blooded football fan, I like a hard fought game in the wind, snow, rain, or all of the above. But then I realized that's exactly what every week leading up to the Super Bowl is for....grinding it out through all types of adversity, including crap weather. The Super Bowl should be a reward, not a punishment.

Wasn't there some sort of incentive set by the NFL a few years ago for teams that if they built a new stadium then they could host the Superbowl? Pretty sure Indy, Phoenix, Dallas, Detroit, and next year New York had never hosted a Superbowl (at least not in a while) until they all built new stadiums.

It wasn't written in stone, but was definitely a "wink wink nudge nudge" type of deal when the NFL came to speak to the cities who had to foot the bill. Another example is tell telling San Diego's city council they are out of the Super Bowl rotation until they get a new stadium.

I for one welcome the possibility of snow. I would love to see an "epic" battle in the snow for the title.

Baltimore should have been given a penalty for pass interference on Crabtree. Crabtree was two feet in the end zone and Baltimore was still blatantly interfering yet the referees did nothing. The referees were unusually easy on Baltimore the entire game.

Falcons try last second drive vs Seahawks - Win

Falcons try last second drive vs 49'ers - Loss

49'ers have major 3'rd Quarter comeback against Falcons - Win

49'ers have major 3'rd Quarter comeback against Ravens - Loss

I'm seeing a pattern here.