The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WTF ... has any quarterback had 5 years of chances the way Alex Smith has? I was pretty pissed when we didn't go after a QB in the offseason or the draft. I was even more pissed when we didn't try and pick up Leinart when he was available. And after yesterdays showing, and with the Saints coming up on Monday I'd say I have a whole season of being pissed ahead of me.

WTF ... has any quarterback had 5 years of chances the way Alex Smith has? I was pretty pissed when we didn't go after a QB in the offseason or the draft. I was even more pissed when we didn't try and pick up Leinart when he was available. And after yesterdays showing, and with the Saints coming up on Monday I'd say I have a whole season of being pissed ahead of me.

He's pretty bad. I wouldn't say you didn't go after a QB though. The Niners did get Nate Davis, who was pretty darn good this preseason. He might be starting soon if things don't go well. That's as long as his preparation gets better. Singletary didn't like his prep work.

The Niners definitely don't want Leinart either. That guy doesn't care. He just expects to get the starting job and not have to work too hard for it.

Bob Sanders of the Colts hurt and possibly out for the season....shocker, I know. He lasted a whole quarter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5572228&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Indianapolis Colts safety Bob Sanders has a torn biceps tendon and is out indefinitely, if not for the season, two team sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

AFC South blog

ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

It is not the same arm in which Sanders had the biceps tendon tear last season. He is scheduled to visit Dr. James Andrews on Wednesday to help determine how long he will be out.

Sanders, the league's 2007 defensive player of the year, was injured on the Texans' first offensive series when a pass was deflected by Colts safety Antoine Bethea into Sanders' face mask.

Sanders left his feet and landed awkwardly on his arm.

He missed all but two games last season with knee and biceps injuries and all but six games in 2008 with other injuries.

He's now played in 48 career games and missed 49 -- a number that could increase if the elbow injury is season-ending.

Sanders, a two-time Pro Bowler, was drafted by the Colts in the second round of the 2004 draft out of Iowa.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report

I'm a Steelers fan, and I went into this season both hating Big Ben for making an ass of himself in the off-season yet again, and nervous about how bad my Steelers would get their butts kicked without him.

After seeing them slip past a fairly strong Falcons team, though, I'm a little less apprehensive. Lets just hope they can keep it up until he returns...maybe we'll even luck out, and have a season like the 2000 Patriots, when Bledsoe went down and Tom Brady came out from nowhere. A fan can dream, can't he?

^ What's funny is that in 2001 the complete opposite happened. Brady went down, and Bledsoe came in to beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship game. Ben has had the best offseason he has ever had. I think when he comes back they will become an instant top 5 team in the AFC, especially with the defense practically back in 2008 form. It's just a shame they play Baltimore once before he will come back, though. At least that's at home.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

Somebody needs to take away the stupid pills the Cowboys are taking just before the last few seconds of each half. It's sure a good thing that Marc Colombo is getting healthy. Alex Barron can't stop anybody, even when he holds them (which is almost every play). At least the D was stout. Dez Bryant looked like he just might live up to the hype. Poor Roy Williams finally partially redeems himself, only to have the aforementioned Barron acting like he was playing in the special olympics... - sigh - I hope that Sunday night game was just a small bump in the road. - fingers crossed - (just like Jerry Jones)

The Cowboys game was such a change from what I'm normally seeing from Washington. Every year we're the ones who make the silly mistakes like that. I was so relieved at the end of the game. Finally a win against the Cowboys.

The game against the Texans this weekend might be a difficult one after the win against indy.

Two things I learned from today's Bills/Packers game:

* The Bills are tied with Cleveland (losing at home to KC) for the worst team in football - the game against them this year should be EPIC! Could be the Jake Locker sweepstakes game! I think Cleveland and Buffalo fans should hold a candlelight vigil together for what used to be for these once-proud franchises.

* Clay Matthews is a frickin' beast. He really did a good job of running through the turnstiles that comprise the Buffalo offensive (and I do mean offensive) line.

Hey, at least I know my Bills...before the game, I predicted the Bills to lose 35-9, so I wasn't too far off!