The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I agree! No way I can root for New England or the Jets...they're both in the Bills division, therefore they're hated rivals and always have been.

I'm all for anyone in the NFC at this point - I guess I can pull for Seattle now since they pulled off the big upset. I am interested to see how Lynch plays this week against the Bears defense.

Also hoping I win big bucks on all of the Super Bowl pools I am in - I want to get to Vegas and WCB like I did a few years ago on my winnings!

Why would a Colts fan be on a Patriots website?

I am actually on quite a few football message boards (Pats, 49'ers, and Jets) and I was on the Colts forum until they moved it and I refuse to sign up for the new forum since I don't the new format of it. I joined the Patriots forum I am on (patriots planet) before a Colts/Pats game a few years ago. Same for the other two. I am one of at least 5 Colts fans on there (and there is also Chargers, Jets, and Dolphins fans on there also). The Patriots forum is the only one I post on daily. Besides of the off topic area there, there is civil discussions of football there.

As a 49ers fan, I really don't care which team wins now. I know Seattle is in our division, but they really aren't a "traditional" rival. If I had an "AFC" team it would probably be the Colts, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

At this point, I'm just looking for good games, and in the AFC we are for sure going to get that this week. Not so sure about the NFC.

The only Super Bowl I would never watch would be Raiders vs. Cowboys because I would have to root against both of them.

As a 49ers fan, I really don't care which team wins now. I know Seattle is in our division, but they really aren't a "traditional" rival. If I had an "AFC" team it would probably be the Colts, Baltimore or Pittsburgh.

At this point, I'm just looking for good games, and in the AFC we are for sure going to get that this week. Not so sure about the NFC.

The only Super Bowl I would never watch would be Raiders vs. Cowboys because I would have to root against both of them.

Don't worry about the last sentence, with the Al "the crypt keeper" Davis Firing the best coach they had in years, them getting to a Super Bowl is very slim I bet. And the Cowboys, well, they are the Cowboys.....

After that heartbreaking INT by Vick I'm hoping for Seattle to win (As long as its not the Falcons or Bears as they are both extremely overrated) In the AFC I want anybody to beat the Pats and am predicting the Ravens to emerge from the AFC. (I really don't see the steelers beating them again) I think that the Packers will go in and win blow out the Falcons. I was never convinced on the Falcons being dominant all season.

Can you imagine the horrendous ratings of a Seahawks Conference Championship Game or worse, one with them in the Superbowl?

Sorry, the conspiracy theory in me say Chicago/Green Bay in the Conference Championship.

Realistically, I think it'll be Chicago/Atlanta. Atlanta moving on.

One man's nightmare is another man's dream. I've been waiting for that matchup since I was old enough to know what professional football was. The one and only time I watched the Cowboys play live in person at Texas stadium was a Cowboys/Raiders game. I didn't want to risk a trip all the way to Texas and come away disappointed, so I went to see my 2 favorite teams play each other.

I actually took the Seahawks in my league this week ... am I crazy?

No. Whats more, I can easily see them coming here to Chicago and winning.

I was telling anyone who would listen that Seattle would win that one. A combination of New Orleans' injuries, underperformances by reigning Super Bowl winners the following year (not named the Patriots), the overall parity in the league this year, going out west to play at Qwest Field, and really, The Saints just probably taking the 7-9 Seahawks lightly was as sure a bet as I could imagine for Seattle. Seattle has been playing playoff football since before the regular season ended. I don't gamble, but that game made me wish I did. Lots of unrealized profit left on the table.

I didn't post any picks for last week but here is what I had:

Seahawks

Packers

Colts

Ravens

I felt good about all of them. I thought Peyton would manage to overcome his team's injuries.

Here is who I tentatively have this week:

Patriots over Jets

Ravens over Steelers

Seahawks over Bears*

Packers over Falcons

I'm comfortable with Packer and Patriots taking care of things (GB/NE is my Super Bowl pick going into the postseason).

*I still have to ruminate a bit over CHI/SEA. Chicago *should* win, but the bye week and their general history have me uncertain. Bears also finished with a better record away from home and had one of the healthiest teams I can remember in recent history. Tremendously fortunate for them in that regard.

Seattle probably thinks it could beat anyone at the moment. Like I said earlier, they've been in win or go home mode since the end of the regular season. This is particularly why I don't like the Bears sitting idle this past weekend.

PIT/BAL could simply go either way. Ben Roethlisberger is an awful human being so I'd like to see Ravens pull it off (and I think BAL would give a better game against NE), but I don't know that they will yet.

*Edit*

re: Ratings for Seattle in NFC Championship or Super Bowl.

The New Jersey Nets could be one of the teams in the Super Bowl and everyone would still watch it. The NFL will never have to worry about ratings for playoff football. Besides, if the Seahawks do make it deep (for the opportunity to be extinguished by the Pats) they will have already become a great story by the NFC Championship game. They would have come from the worst division to "stun" the reigning Champs and knock off the second seed. The only way they can finish the season above .500 is to win out- this all during Pete Carroll's first year back from the college game. That would be something to see.

...(and I think BAL would give a better game against NE), but I don't know that they will yet.

Don't be so sure. Everyone thought the Colts were unbeatable in 2005, especially after they had previously blown out the Steelers in a regular season game. This is a very similar situation, plus with the Browns beating the Patriots, they have show they are extremely beatable, and that 30th ranked pass defense could come back to haunt them.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they lose to the Jets even.

Good game in Pittsburgh. Could have gone either way. The last offensive series by Baltimore was just all around bad. With plenty of time and excellent field position that was just horrible play calling.

The curse of the bye week strikes again in Atlanta. Hope it doesn't happen to the Bears...

Good game in Pittsburgh. Could have gone either way. The last offensive series by Baltimore was just all around bad. With plenty of time and excellent field position that was just horrible play calling.

The curse of the bye week strikes again in Atlanta. Hope it doesn't happen to the Bears...

I hope it does.....but it is only because I have a few annoying Bears fan.......nothing against normal Bears fan.

And for a laugh.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-England-Patriots-Art-/120671288959?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c1891be7f

Story behind this auction......guy is a Bills fan. Guys wife had the painting done not realizing that it was not a Bills picture that was a good situation.

That painting pretty much sums up every game the Bills have played against the Pats in the past ten seasons. Sad, but true!

Speaking of the Bills, I was quite surprised when I saw them suit up and come out to play during the 2nd half of that Pittsburgh game last night!