TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

I have Eagles in Atlanta for the NFC game... Hopefully Atlanta will learn how to freaking tackle!

That scares the crap out of me...

A rematch of 2004? This time, it will be Vick against his old team.

Hmmmmm Eagles beat Atlanta pretty good in 2004 and we killed Atlanta this year in by far Atlanta's worst game of the year. So I would expect a repeat assuming Vick's last performance was a fluke. Still Green Bay scares the crap out of me! Well in 2002, 2003 and 2008 The Eagles made it to the NFC championship game and lost games to teams they blew out in the regular season which makes me think twice about playing in Atlanta.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where they will be sitting in the stands

So who do you think will make it? Atlanta? Call me when Matt Ryan wins his first playoff game. All this attention for no real results.

For some reason, I have a crazy feeling about the Panthers-Falcons game. The Falcons are obviously superior, but a coach's last game can cause crazy things to happen.

So who do you think will make it? Atlanta? Call me when Matt Ryan wins his first playoff game. All this attention for no real results.

Once upon a time, Drew Brees was 0-1 in the playoffs too. Hell, he had only won one playoff victory before last year.. don't hate. He's only played one playoff game, and lost it -- on the road, by less than a touchdown, to a team that went on to play in the Super Bowl

I do, generally, think the NFC is pretty open, and anybody can win it this year (with the exception being the NFC West 'winner'). I won't even wager a bet, but I do really hope to see the Eagles and Falcons rematch in the championship game

I wouldn't want to play anyone if you can't beat the Tampa Bay Bucs......Something interesting to me, Drew Brees has thrown 22 interceptions this year.

Tonight, I will have the playoff seedings and pairing ups.

So far, the only knowns.

AFC

1. New England Patriots

2. Pittsburgh Steelers.

3. Chiefs/Colts

4. Chiefs/Colts/Jags

5. Ravens

6. Jets

I don't know if any other seedings have been solidified.

Edited by spaceace12

AFC playoff seedings, official.

1. Patriots

2. Steelers

3. Colts

4. Chiefs

5. Ravens

6. Jets

Jets (6) will travel to the Colts (3)

Ravens (5) will go to the Chiefs (4)

Patriots(1) will play the lowest remaining seed in the divisional weekend

Steelers(2) will play the highest remaining seed in divisional weekend.

How I see it going down.

Colts (3) will beat the Jets (6)

Ravens (5) will take care of hte Chiefs (4)

Which would bring the following games

Colts (3) at Steelers (2)

Ravens (5) at Patriots (1)

what I would like to happen

Colts(3) will beat the Steelers (2)

Ravens (5) will hopefully beat the Patriots (1)

Bring a Ravens (5) at Colts (3) at Lucas Oil stadium

But if hte Patriots beat the Ravens, as long as the Colts go on to beat the Patriots (they only lost by a field goal while Patriots have been destroying other teams) and win their second SB ring. And then as long as the Patriots don't win anymore and the Colts win one or two more, my Colts will be a team to reckon with, even with second stringers and free agents on the field.

I will post NFC seedings and later times and channels later.

NFC seedings as of nwo.

1. Falcons

2. Bears

3. Eagles

4. St. Louis (holy crap)/or Seahawks

5. Saints

6. Green Bay

New Orleans(5) at St. Louis/Seattle (4)

Eagles will host the Packers (6)

Falcons will play the lowest remaining seed

Bears will play the highest remaining seed.

Edited by spaceace12

^ I wish you all the luck in the world with that...the Stillers and Patriots are looking pretty strong right now. Unless the Colts get some really big breaks and their defense steps up, I think they are going to have their hands full just getting past the Jets. If they win and end up playing the Patriots at Foxboro or Stillers at Heinz Field it's going to be very tough for them, but at least they would have the confidence & momentum of winning a playoff game against a formidable opponent.

On another note....it looks like my Bills will pick no higher than #4 in the draft - woohoo! God, what epic suckfests the last two weeks of the season were for them. I'm glad it's finally over!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2011/01/02/wild-card-and-divisional-playoff-schedule/?module=breaking_news

Game time schedule.

Colts will be on NBC at 8:20 on Saturday.

New Orleans will be on NBC at 4:30 on Saturday

Baltimore is 1pm on CBS Sunday

Packers play at 4:30 on CBS.

Looks like my freelance jobs will be none this year unless the ravens/chiefs (most likely Ravens) can beat the Patriots...Any given Sunday and everything else in my hopeful picks pans out.

Insane that I'm watching this crappy game. The winner of this game will lose to the Saints next week. Wow, not sure who to pull for. I'd rather play in a dome, but Rams are a better team than the Hawks.

What a crappy game to watch.

At least I'm not an Eagles fan waiting for the Packers.

NFC seedings as of nwo.

1. Falcons

2. Bears

3. Eagles

4. St. Louis (holy crap)/or Seahawks

5. Saints

6. Green Bay

Eagles (3) will host the Saints (5)

Rams or Sea hawks (4) will host the Packers (6)

Falcons will play the lowest remaining seed4

Bears will play the highest remaining seed.

You obviously don't know how seedings work. Saints play the NFC West winner, Eagles play the Pack. I'm just glad the Saints wouldn't play that winner until the NFC title game. Wow, it will be an interesting week. Our podcast should have some good material. Domepatrolpodcast.com. Too bad you're not all Saints fans. I'm still thinking Saints vs Falcons NFC Title.

I'm also drunk at this point. Holla, true donkey style!

At least I'm not an Eagles fan waiting for the Packers.

Idk yet I feel Vick has needed the Week off he got and I think we'll be fine getting some defense back like Bradley. I still feel this is the year and I haven't felt like this since '05.

-Cookie

^Chaney has played surprisingly well in Bradley's spot so I'm not sure that they are trying to get on the field as early as possible. I would take Chaney's play over a rusty Bradley, I would want to make sure Bradley is 100% before putting him in as the drop off from Bradley to Chaney hasn't been as stark as I thought it would be.

I have to come to the conclusion that the winner of the GB-PHI game will go to the super bowl(Just furthering this game's status as the cream of the crop for wild card weekend while IMO the rest of the games are rather easy to perdict). If the Eagles win they will win a revenge game in Chicago then be able to slaughter Atlanta like they did already. If the packers win they will go into Atlanta as the hottest team in the conference and I would think they blow out Atlanta and they can beat either the bears or saints as they will be on fire and they are frankly better then the bears IMO. The saints are the other team that I think could contend.

Well I have a very strange prediction that would be a statistical anomaly to happen. With both the 1 and 2 seed going one and done and a possible wild card match up for the NFC championship.

Then again I not at one point saw Atlanta as a contender.

AFC seems pretty easy to figure out New England is the massive favorite I think they win the super bowl regardless who comes out of the NFC. The 2 teams to possibly contend with them are the Colts and Ravens. (Also the 2 teams that played best in Foxboro this year. Sorry Packers you were a close third.)

I'd guess and say i'm right about 60 percent of time. I would love to see how other people think this will pan out.

Above all...

GO BIRDS!!!!

^Chaney has played surprisingly well in Bradley's spot so I'm not sure that they are trying to get on the field as early as possible. I would take Chaney's play over a rusty Bradley, I would want to make sure Bradley is 100% before putting him in as the drop off from Bradley to Chaney hasn't been as stark as I thought it would be.

True. Chaney has played extremely well. I think that they'll do what the Seahawks did vs. the Rams with starting Whitehurst over Hasselback. Chaney will start and the worst case scenario is Bradley is rusty and steps up. The man I wanna see is how Coleman will do since he's just filling in for Nate Allen. I still think it's gonna be battle of the offenses and I think the Eagles will show up.

-Cookie "I think Vick wants redemption" Iorio

^I guess the questions now should be "How about them Jets and Seahawks?" While the Jets' victory made sense to me, I know that I never figured the Seahawks could advance past the first round.

Edited by cfc

^ At first, I didn't think Seattle had a prayer, but when I read the paper yesterday and the columnist was saying how the Saints were going to just walk all over the Seahawks, I just had a feeling that perhaps this could be the upset of the century. Perhaps I need to start calling the Vegas bookies when I get those types of feelings!

I still need to get in touch with a couple of my friends in Seattle and Portland to say "your welcome" for Buffalo sending them Marshawn Lynch!

Well that was incredibly disappointing. Defense played like crap.

Although all things considered, to me the season was a success. Getting back to the playoffs with targets on their backs and all the injuries they suffered was a pretty good feat. And they still have a Super Bowl, so I'll take it.

There's always next year.

^Yep...both the Saints and the Colts have awesome QB's even though they lost. If they can shore up their defenses a little bit, they'll both be back in it next year.

Being that it's been so long since the Bills have had a good QB (Jim Kelly) it makes me appreciate the likes of Drew Brees & Manning even more. But, even the best can't win 'em all!

When watching the Colts game, I knew it was going to come down on who sucked less. Peyton finally got something going, but not much. Special teams and defense just was horribly. I actually tried to go to bed (had been up since 6am that morning) around the beg. of the 4th quarter. Never did really get to sleep so I turned the game back on with around 2 minutes to go. I missed Steve Weatherford's Emmy award winning fall when a Colts player got close and actually tried to keep him from falling and Steve fell to get the penalty. Don't know if the penalty would have mattered anyway, Colts couldn't stop Sanchez. You live by the last second field goals, you die by them.

Anyway, for me, I want the Patriots to win it all now.

Okay, divisional weekend is next weekend.

Raven's will play the Steelers (I want a black hole to open up and take the game out as I don't want either team to win)

Jets will play the Patriots (Patriots should easily take them)

Packers will travel to Atlanta (this game is a draw to me)

Sea Hawks will travel to Chicago (Bears should win, but the Sea Chickens have surprised me already).