The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Cowboys... Man, I can't even come up with the words to describe what an incredible disappointment they are right now. Wade Phillips was the first coach I liked since Tom Landry. Anyone can understand why Jerry had to fire Wade though. Too bad he can't fire himself.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't see what the big deal is about Ryan's foot fetish. It was with his own wife, not like he was cheating or anything. Leave the guy alone.

As a 49ers fan, I'm of course thrilled that Singletary is gone. I thought it was a little odd that they would fire him before the last game of the season but this gives a clear indication to available coaches (Gruden, Cowher, etc) that we need a coach. I really liked Singletary as a player and as a coordinator, but he is NOT head coach material. He'll catch on as a D-Coordinator somewhere else and probably have success.

I really hope we make a play to get Gruden.

I don't see what the big deal is about Ryan's foot fetish. It was with his own wife, not like he was cheating or anything. Leave the guy alone.

I wasn't trying to be mean by my mentioning it...I was just surprised that it wasn't brought up in topic as it was all over the news the last couple of weeks.

I'd be the last person to criticize someone's sexual preference or various fetishes, but I would have died from embarrassment had that been a video of me that got plastered all over the internet!

I am just curious to know if someone hacked his computer, got the video and distributed it...or was it actually posted on an adult site by the Ryan's themselves?

^Interesting...I had been out of town and too busy to follow all of the news. I just assumed that someone had hacked into his computer and posted it.

In other news, I had to laugh at Ed Rendel saying that this nation has turned into a bunch of wussies when they cancelled the Eagles/Vikings game on Sunday because of the threat of the Nor'Easter!

I remember driving to a Bills game one time where there was a practically a tunnel of snow about twelve feet high on both sides of one of the county roads (from plowing). It was a December game against the Dolphins and it was snowing so hard during the second half that you could hardly see the players on the field! They would come out and try to shovel off the yardage markers during commercial breaks, but it made for a pretty insane atmosphere. Everyone was singing, 'Let it snow' and having a great time. Of course, we actually beat the Dolphins even though Ricky Williams ran for about 250 yards that day. I think it took us about four hours to drive home in what is normally about an hour drive.

The other memory I have is going to see the Bills play the Jets when it was a record -30 below zero wind chill. We finally left in the 3rd quarter because we could no longer feel our feet even though we had snowsuits, hats, gloves and blankets. Plus the game was a field goal bore-fest that I think we won like 9-6 or something like that. The very next week however, they broke the record again in a game against the Raiders where it was like -40 wind chill.

So it is a bit strange that they would cancel a game with a threat of a blizzard. I guess I can understand that with a bigger population and not as much snow removal, it's probably better to play it safe. I seriously doubt that they would cancel the game if it were in Buffalo, Cleveland, Minneapolis or any of the other cities where blizzards in winter are pretty much a normal way of life.

^ I posted on here once about going to the Browns-Bills playoff game in '90 and how cold it was. I have been to many Browns games where it was barely in double-digit temps at kickoff. As for Philly, the city was under a snow emergency so it was the right thing to do.

Well that delayed game was about as terrible as a planned game could go. They delay the game so all the fans can witness the Eagles worst (2nd worst) game of the year. That showing was absolutely pathetic!!!! WTF Eagles!?!?!?!? Did the miracle at the new meadowlands really need a let down game at home against an awful team? This cost us a likely first round bye! (I think the Packers at home would beat their rival to get into the playoffs, Chicago beat us but, I still think we are the better team)

Are the eagles going to lose their last game too? Well rest your starters for some of the game; we want some sharpness but, don't need Vick going down right before the post-season. Play your starters like it's the preseason I want to see Kolb play about one half of the game (against Dallas) as it means absolutely nothing With the packers likely coming to town we need all the rest we can get for the wild card round. The Eagles hopefully are here to finally win the super bowl! (Well if we get there can we really stop Tom Brady for one series?)

Did the miracle at the new meadowlands really need a let down game at home against an awful team?

uh.. that awful team that beat the Eagles came into the game with the same 10-4 record..

The Vikings came in 5-9 and the Eagles came in 10-4. They got beat by a 3rd string rookie QB who was drafted in the 6th round as a WR!

The NFC playoffs will be wide open. Any team (with the exception of the NFC West winner) will be able to beat any other team. I just hope the Bears come to play and beat the Packers because that's one good team I want to see miss the playoffs.

The Saints will likely have to go play the Rams in round one, but in all honesty, no NFC team scares me at this point. sure, going to Soldier Field in January isn't ideal, but they can win anywhere, and look for them to go back to the Super Bowl.

I have Eagles in Atlanta for the NFC game... Hopefully Atlanta will learn how to freaking tackle!

That scares the crap out of me...

A rematch of 2004? This time, it will be Vick against his old team.