The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was at the Ravens game this past weekend and I can say about 80% of the Pats fans were very respectful towards Ravens fans and didn't trash talk after the game.

You definitely can't say that about NY Jest fans.

Hey! We are all not like that! The Jets on MNF, living in Virginia, I cannot wait to finally see one of their games on television.

I say the Titans are done.......if Vince Young couldn't even get two first downs....Kerry Collins, he is probably done. I think Titans go after a QB this season.

I also think the Colts will go 6-0 leading into the Colts/Patriots game as they are playing the Rams after the bye week.

As of now, the only undefeated teams left are:

*Colts

*Broncos

*Saints

*Giants

*Vikings

This will be down to 3 after next week as the Giants and Saints meet next week. Glad next week is the bye week, I have things to do next week.

I say the Titans are done.......if Vince Young couldn't even get two first downs....Kerry Collins, he is probably done. I think Titans go after a QB this season.

I also think the Colts will go 6-0 leading into the Colts/Patriots game as they are playing the Rams after the bye week.

*Colts

*Broncos

*Saints

*Giants

This will be down to 3 after next week as the Giants and Saints meet next week. Glad next week is the bye week, I have things to do next week.

Uh, I think you forgot a team. *cough*Vikings*cough*

I'm a Giants fan and the only games I'm worried about in there season would be Saints and the Cardinals. Other then that, I predict only 2 losses there entire season.

Denver is 5-0 fo the first time since 98. This is crazy, I think I might start drinking a little of the orange kool-aid now. They should go at least 10-6 this year.

I guess Mr. Brady truly isn't magical after all. He is now 1-6 (including playoffs) against the Broncos. His only win was a fluke game where Elam got hurt in the 1st quarter and Denver had to go for it on the 30 multiple times, which left points on the field.

Only thing I can take away from the game yesterday is Orton > Brady.

*Colts

*Broncos

*Saints

*Giants

Uh, I think you forgot a team. *cough*Vikings*cough*

I'm a Giants fan and the only games I'm worried about in there season would be Saints and the Cardinals. Other then that, I predict only 2 losses there entire season.

Added. I knew I forgot one.

I despise the donks in every way possible. I want them to lose the rest of their games this season. It is clear that someone on the team has sold his sold to the devil for a few wins. I really really hate the the donks. Lose Lose Lose Lose Lose, horrible stinking broncos.

Unfortunately, my home town team is the Rams. Did anyone see the game v. the Vikings today? Pure Rams embarrassment.

Yes, I will say that the Rams are pretty bad...but how about my B-Bills?

* They hosted a Cleveland team yesterday that had lost ten straight games (their last win was in Buffalo last year on Monday night) and lost 6-3.

* Derek Anderson completed two passes for seventeen yards for Cleveland - and the Bills still lost.

* The Bills O-line committed nine false starts (AT HOME) and thirteen total penalties. Also, several more which were denied by Cleveland.

* The return man (Parrish) ran 17 yards backwards on a punt return before getting dumped. Then he topped that off by muffing the punt to hand Cleveland the game.

* The offense wasted their final time out on a 3rd and 14 and then came out and passed for a two yard gain.

* The Bills retained a head coach that had gone 7-9 the last three seasons in a row. He was rewarded for his incompetence by getting a 9 million per year extension at the end of last season. Now, we are 1-4, hit rock bottom, but our owner "doesn't want to make any coaching changes right now".

* All but one of the starting linebackers are injured. Two more were hurt yesterday and are now out for the season. Where the hell is Derrick Brooks?? Oh wait...we would probably have to pay him to play. I think our OLB was pulled from the stands yesterday.

* The Bills run a no-huddle offense that can't even muster a first down...then wonder why the defense gets tired and gives up big plays?

* Offensive line has about 45 NFL games of experience between them all.

* Ten years since the last playoff game.

* T.O. is actually one of the more level headed players on the team - I can't believe he hasn't snapped yet!

Now that folks....is a total embarrassment for an NFL franchise!!!! But then again at least Rush Limbaugh doesn't want to buy our team!

PS - Dan Marino comment on the Bills/Browns game at halftime: "Is this really the NFL?"

I don't know if they showed it on TV or not, but on the "jumbotron" in Ford Field at the 2 minute warning, the Lions mascot was stomping on a Terrible Towel that was ripped in half, and he was also eating another. What happens right after? 3 straight sacks by the Steelers to put the game away. The curse lives on.

But seriously, the real reason for those sacks was the Steelers' great fan base. You know you have an AWESOME fan base when you are the away team, but the players can still move their arms up and down to pump up the Pittsburgh fans in attendance on a crucial drive. In the next day's USA Today, it stated that it actually got so loud on those 3 plays, that the Lions o-linemen couldn't hear the snap count and had to watch the ball, thus causing 3 sacks in a row. That's awesome.

The way the media plays up the "terrible towel" is ridiculous and just annoying. Please...media people...nobody cares about the terrible towel stop shoving it down out throats. They are so over hyped that they are becoming almost as annoying as those cowbells that the Tampa Bay Rays gave their fans in the playoffs last year (seriously what was up with that?)

Another thing that's really driving me crazy is the term "wildcat offense." Who came up with that phrase? Why is everyone using it? Why does everyone think the Dolphins invented it? Snapping to the back has been around for over 60 years and its called a single wing. For the love of god call it by its real name and stop with the "wildcat" BS.

And I like Kyle Orton but the media is seriously overrating him. The Broncos may be 5-0 but instead of beating teams by 1 score like they have been if they still had Cutler they would be blowing teams out. The way their defense has been playing and with Marshall and Royal catching passes, Orton has only had one really good game and I think Broncos' fans are getting their hopes up a little too high for the guy.

As you can see, most of my problems are with the media

I don't know if they showed it on TV or not, but on the "jumbotron" in Ford Field at the 2 minute warning, the Lions mascot was stomping on a Terrible Towel that was ripped in half, and he was also eating another. What happens right after? 3 straight sacks by the Steelers to put the game away. The curse lives on.

But seriously, the real reason for those sacks was the Steelers' great fan base. You know you have an AWESOME fan base when you are the away team, but the players can still move their arms up and down to pump up the Pittsburgh fans in attendance on a crucial drive. In the next day's USA Today, it stated that it actually got so loud on those 3 plays, that the Lions o-linemen couldn't hear the snap count and had to watch the ball, thus causing 3 sacks in a row. That's awesome.

I dont believe in the curse myself, even as a Steelers fan, but I would like to point out the funny coincidence that the Tennessee Titans have STILL not won a game since Lendale White stomped on it

What the hell just happened to my Eagles?

Wow, I am, yes it is very hard to be, a die hard Raiders fan. I was not able to follow the game and my first thought when I saw the score was that all of the Eagles contracted swine flu on Saturday.

Russell actually had a decent game. Not sure how this happened, but we are halfway to our win total last year! I am so sick of the Raiders drafting in the top 10. sigh.

Now if only the stinking donks lose.

All I can say is, the rest of the NFL is in trouble. The Saints will not lose a game in the superdome this season. The "vaunted #1 Giants Defense" came in and got trounced.

News flash New York, the Saints aren't the Bucs, Redskins, Raiders or Chiefs. You just got thumped by a better team.

The Saints are now 3-0 against the state of New York. Let's see the east coast media harp on that.

All I can say is, the rest of the NFL is in trouble. The Saints will not lose a game in the superdome this season. The "vaunted #1 Giants Defense" came in and got trounced.

News flash New York, the Saints aren't the Bucs, Redskins, Raiders or Chiefs. You just got thumped by a better team.

The Saints are now 3-0 against the state of New York. Let's see the east coast media harp on that.

The Saint's are for real and I think the only team that has any shot at taking them out in the playoffs would be the Vikings, but with Farve, you don't know if your getting pick 6s or TDs.

The only thing I'd worry about is for them to peak early/mid season. You don't want to see them cool down come playoffs. I'm hoping my Patriots are starting to click. If Brady is indeed back to '07 form, the running game continues to get stronger, and the defense gels, we could return to *near* unbeatable form. Just thinking about all our impact rookies/2nd year players makes me shine (Mayo, Meriweather, Chung, Vollmer, Bulter, Edelman, and Pryor).

Also, It's good to see the Jets finally come back to Earth. 3 straight losses and they are 3-3. They have looked progressively worse since their "Superbowl" in week 2, especially their "HOF" QB. Sanchez has now thrown twice as many picks as TDs and his passer rating is atrocious. Looks like the Pats may run away with the division.