TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

I would like to congratulate James Harrison for receiving the AP Defensive Player Of The Year Award.

Oh and this has nothing to deal with anyone on this thread but is it me or does it seem that Cowboy and Charger fans are the most obnoxious, stubborn, and oblivious fans in the NFL. Because all of my friends watch football and it seems like out of all of them the only ones who get on my nerves are the Cowboy and Charger fans, the rest are fine. Its just either their team is awesome or no team.

__Chris

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to congratulate James Harrison for receiving the AP Defensive Player Of The Year Award.

Oh and this has nothing to deal with anyone on this thread but is it me or does it seem that Cowboy and Charger fans are the most obnoxious, stubborn, and oblivious fans in the NFL. Because all of my friends watch football and it seems like out of all of them the only ones who get on my nerves are the Cowboy and Charger fans, the rest are fine. Its just either their team is awesome or no team.

__Chris

I agree with alpengeist that it does depend on who you follow, but I have to go with the Raiders and Cowboys as having the most obnoxious fans. The Raiders mainly because I am a Bronco fan and most are oblivious to the fact that their team is in shambles. Cowboys fans because I know many and they all think that Dallas is going undefeated every year and they don't know how to take a loss. Not to mention that you can't talk football with them because they normally know nothing other than Cowboys stuff.

Yeah Raider fans bug me a lot. And seeing that Raider fans are all over the place where I live. When ever they win a game, they act like they won the freakin Super Bowl. And your right about Cowgirl fans, tring to talk to them about football is like tring to talk to a mule. You could say, "Joe Montana, John Elway, and Dan Marino are the greatest quaterbacks of all time." And all you will get in return is, "Tony Romo is better than all of them."

--Chris

As for "most obnoxious," my vote goes to the J-E-T-S fans. I grew up real fast from the stuff I saw between Jets and Phins fans in the Orange Bowl as a kid.

Brag time again....My old coach was just named ESPN RISE Coach of the Year. And as for the school itself:

St. Thomas Aquinas also shows no signs of giving up its status as the No. 1 all-sports school in Florida, a designation it has had under Smith as athletic director every year since 1995 when that honor was begun.

Only fans that annoy me are Patriots fans sometimes (like when they are doing real good and they say they are going undeafeted and all, it could happen, but repeating it all the time is annoying on a non Patriot Forum) and fans who troll on football message boards.

Only fans that annoy me are Patriots fans sometimes (like when they are doing real good and they say they are going undeafeted and all, it could happen, but repeating it all the time is annoying on a non Patriot Forum) and fans who troll on football message boards.

Yes Patriot fan can be very annoying. Especially when youpoint out something about their that isn't good. Then they get all bitchy and say your jealous because of the winning. Um no, Denver has 2 titles, and they weren't tainted. The Pats may not have cheated in those Super Bowls, but they got caught cheating so everything before then will be scrutinized.

Yea, I would put the Pats fans number two behind the Jest fans for trolling on the Dolphins message boards at the sun-sentinel website. I guess the Jest fans are just so miserable that they try and get a rise out of the other team's fan to make them feel better. It's really pathetic.

The only Pat's fan I could stand during that perfect season was Paul "Fitzy" Fitzgerold. He has his own website and used to do weekly vblogs that were fun to watch. He hasn't done them as much as normal, but they are still fun to watch. Plus he doesn't troll because he has his own site.

Does anyone besides me find the remaining playoff teams about as "ho-hum" a collection as we've ever had?

I actually find it to be the most interesting divisional round in years. Sure, it's got different teams than usual - but the matchups are great.

Tennesse/Baltimore sould be everything playoff football should be.

Giants/Eagles for the 3rd time should be good.

Chargers getting hot right at the right time.

And my Panthers having the easiest match-up doesn't hurt

I think the ravens vs titans is going to be a good game. my prediction for that game is the ravens for the win. They are going to run all over titans.

The giants vs eagles games, probably a really close game. I want to see the giants win but the eagles are going to the giants a run for there money like the last time they played!

Here are some of my predictions:

Giants/Eagles:

Yes, the Giants are the defending Super Bowl Champs, but ever since the Eagles beat the Cowgirls, they have looked like a newer, better team that won't take a loss for an anwser. Eagles will take this one.

Was I correct? YES

Panthers/Cards:

This is a no-brainer. Unless the Cardinals get possesed by the 1989-90 San Fransico 49ers, the Panthers will walk all over them. Panthers victory.

Was I correct? NO

Titans/Ravens:

The Titans are the #1 Seed and had the best regular season record in the NFL, but the Ravens are getting hot at the right time in all the right places. The are much more mature since the Week 6 face-off. Ravens will move on.

Was I correct? YES

Steelers/Chargers:

I'm not sure exactly how to predict this game. The Steelers D may have to win this game for them again if the Chargers D can get to Big Ben. Yes Sproles is hot but so are the Steerlers D, and Big Ben is a sack away from eating through a straw. It's too close for me to call.

--Chris