TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

The Giants made McAdoo the head man because they were afraid of losing him to Philadelphia, as he was headed down to interview for their vacancy when the Giants first announced the hire.

I know it's only four weeks in and a lot can change, but with his ultra-conservative playcalling and his lack of discipline, the team might have been better served letting him go to Philly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lions, what the hell? One week, you don't show up against one of the worst teams in the league, and the next, you do show up to one of the best in the league and turn a rookie QB back into a rookie QB. The defense still has some serious issues, and I'm still convinced Caldwell gets canned on Black Monday, but damnit, if the Lions were more competent, they'd be 4-1 and behind by half a game to the Pack for 2nd place.

Also, I'm pretty sure Minnesota is just going to kick ass the rest of the season. They can't be stopped, yet.

Todd gurly had been a complete busy my fantasy team.

Jeff Fisher gonna Jeff Fisher. The Rams have done absolutely NOTHING to help him. Now that all the teams have a years worth of film on Gurley and the Rams, they haven't been able to adjust to counteract that. That, and they still don't have a passing game to be afraid of.

That, and they still don't have a passing game to be afraid of.

Yeah that's the thing, no body is afraid of Case Keenum and Tavon Austin hurting them down field in the passing game so it's easy to load up the box against the only real offensive weapon the Rams have which is Gurley.

So even though the Falcons won in Denver yesterday I'm still not sure they're really a good team. For me that game raised more questions about Denver than it did answer questions about Atlanta. Denver's defense is great but you still gotta score points, and I'm not sure they can with Paxton Lynch. Siemien looked better early but I think he will eventually struggle when he gets back into the lineup.

Meanwhile Tom Brady is still Tom Brady, Patriots at Steelers in a few weeks should be the best game of the first half of the season.

Todd gurly had been a complete busy my fantasy team.

Jeff Fisher gonna Jeff Fisher. The Rams have done absolutely NOTHING to help him. Now that all the teams have a years worth of film on Gurley and the Rams, they haven't been able to adjust to counteract that. That, and they still don't have a passing game to be afraid of.

Ya, it seems like even when they are ahead in games there still passing the ball, Gurley don't even get garbage time Carries.

I know that if the Rams make that fake punt for a first down, Fisher and the coaching staff probably come out smelling like roses (if they win) - ala Oakland in New Orleans.

But wow...that just seemed like a really bone-headed play call with the game still on the line as you could tell from the formation that it was a fake all along - it really didn't fool anybody. I could see if they were at the 50 or Buffalo 40, but taking that big of a risk & botching it in your own end basically sealed an easy win for Buffalo. I know that if the Bills coaching staff called that play and lost that the Buffalo media would be calling for Rex Ryan's head in the press the following morning.

Good to see Shady looking more like his old self...but still not sold on Tyrod Taylor yet. Great legs and ability to escape pass rushers, but his throws just always seem to be slightly off or way off target. He's got to get better if they expect to be a contender this season as he still has to duel Dalton, Brady, Carr, Wilson and Big Ben yet....yikes!

Yeah, the Lions are an absolute WTF!!! this year! Good luck figuring out what's going to happen in ANY of their games!

As for the Broncos, their Defense is still bringing it, and Atlanta wasn't very impressive, outside of the one play early, and wearing down a tired defense that was on the field all game late. Clearly, as good as he will likely eventually be, Lynch isn't there yet, and once Siemian is back, the Broncos will be back to dominating, don't you worry!

As for the Vikings, they're not sexy, nobody talks about them, but... ALL THEY DO IS WIN!!! I guarantee they won't lose next week, either!

As for the laughable Brady love from the media this week... Seriously, he's not even the best QB of the week, going against the worst team in football, and the media can't stop gushing over him! He's a great player, and I respect what he's done over his career, but seriously... The day he retires, will be a great day for the health of the game of football! The obsession over him, and the Patriots in general, is absurd! Were it not for the single worst coaching decision in the history of the NFL (not running an unstoppable - literally all game - Marshawn Lynch on the goal line), they wouldn't have "won" a Super Bowl since the mid 2000's... Don't fall for the media hype, people...

I have Aaron Rodgers and Todd gurly up for trade if anyone is Interested?

Sounds like we have basically the same fantasy team, I am also struggling.

Hahaha, it's a been a struggle in this TPR league trying to scratch any points. It's been a pretty big bust..

I posted a response to your inquiry in the league thread!

I'm pretty happy with my team's performance this season, but I feel like it's irrelevant, because my son's team is a flat out beast, and will probably go unbeaten and win it all, barring injuries! Any time you're rostering the top 3 RBs in the league on one team, you're going to win a LOT more than you lose, in Fantasy Football! The suspension dropping Le'veon's value, and the severe undervaluing of DeMarco Murray coming into the season, really helped him out, as his QB and WRs are all great too! (Not to mention my ill-fated trade of David Johnson for Adrian Peterson! )

I posted a response to your inquiry in the league thread!

I'm pretty happy with my team's performance this season, but I feel like it's irrelevant, because my son's team is a flat out beast, and will probably go unbeaten and win it all, barring injuries! Any time you're rostering the top 3 RBs in the league on one team, you're going to win a LOT more than you lose, in Fantasy Football! The suspension dropping Le'veon's value, and the severe undervaluing of DeMarco Murray coming into the season, really helped him out, as his QB and WRs are all great too! (Not to mention my ill-fated trade of David Johnson for Adrian Peterson! )

I'm looking for a WE. I offerd a few trade proposals, doubt you would want to do either. I'm just trying to mix it up a bit and make something happen.

^I appreciate the offers, and definitely the attempts to make something happen! However, I was actually interested in just Gurley, and my son was wondering what you'd want for Rodgers. I can let him know you're looking for a WR.

Ya, let him know. If he's interested tell him to throw me a trade proposal.

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Gore is the epitome of a no-frills RB, and Anderson is going to have games where he puts up great numbers in a run-first offense. However, the emerging presence of Booker in Denver, who is arguably a better RB, will cut into those numbers, and NOBODY is threatening Gore for carries in Indy. Looking at the TEs, Bennett will have his games where Brady makes his owners very happy, but at the end of the day, he's still secondary to Gronk in that offense among TEs. I'm cautiously optimistic that Graham is going to continue to experience a resurgence in usage and value in the Seattle offense, and he has no serious competition for touches among the TEs there.

So, analysis aside, it's a very close decision, and honestly, could go either way over the course of the season. However, given Booker is only going to see his share of the touches in Denver grow, and Bennett isn't going to be consistent from week to week, I'd give a slight edge to the side getting Gore and Graham, which I assume is you.

• 3 weeks later...

Besides terrible primetime games? I mean, did anyone really want to see a game where nothing happened except for kickers making field goals and it ending in a tie or the winless Browns once again losing? Yesterday is the reason why I will always favor CFB over the NFL. There just seems to be more excitement in those games.

^Agree, primetime games have been horrible. Mix in a lot of mediocre teams this year, games haven't been all that exciting. Seems like every year the NFL is changing the game to confuse the hell out of the fans. The fans enjoyed watching the hits, the NFL doesn't allow that anymore. As a fan, when watching the game, whenever I see a big hit, I expect a flag to be thrown, no matter what. I don't even know why the NFL is allowed to rush the QB, if you even touch them the wrong way there is a flag that will be thrown. I think Roger Goodell is successfully ruining the game of football, everyone thought that the sport was so popular that nothing could do it wrong, he is proving otherwise. I don't know if anyone can get him out of there, but until he is gone I expect to see the ratings to continue to drop.

I'll bite here. More and more are cutting the cable cord, which will hurt ratings on Monday and Thursdays (as those games are on cable). As for Sundays, the people I know who have cut the cord don't watch anything live most of the time. Thus that leads to the ratings drop on Sundays.

There's an argument that the traditional Nielsen ratings need some sort of update. Too many people are watching on alternative devices rather than TV's. It started with DVR's, but has only gotten progressively worse since the advent of "second-screens" and other ways to stream (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, Channel-Specific Apps, etc).

It's important to note that even though the NFL's ratings are dropping, they are still head and shoulders above all other pro sports leagues.