The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once again, I'm bumping this in hopes of finding a couple more people interested in participating in our TPR Fantasy Football league! It looks like the Draft will be tomorrow night, at 9:00 pm EST, so if you want to join, please let me know, and send me your e-mail address ASAP! Here's hoping we can a couple more people join in the fray!

Draft has been scheduled, and invites to two others loosely connected to this site, or at least this hobby, have been sent. If any of you have somebody you know who'd be up for joining, give me their email address, and I'll send them a link! Wives, or girlfriends, especially if they enjoy our hobby, are welcome!

No, we won't be able to draft. My son just joined, and an invite has been sent to pdcon's wife. So we are just waiting on her to join, and we'll be all set. If we get to 7:45 EST, and she still hasn't joined, I'll just throw a dummy team in there to auto-draft, and pdcon's wife can join it after the Draft.

Just to be clear, 5:00 pm there in Nor-Cal (if that's where you are) is 8:00 here, which means the Draft Room will need to open before she'd get back home from work. Or am I misunderstanding something? At any rate, I will just add myself as a co-owner of the team, that way the Draft Room will launch, and then she can still come in and join the Draft Room before the Draft starts! I can then delete myself as co-owner after the Draft.

The Draft Application/Room opens an hour before the scheduled Draft time. Since our Draft is scheduled at 9, the room opens at 8. That means that time is when everybody needs to join by.

Yay! We're full! Looking forward to competing with you all, and good luck with your Draft tonight!

^Nice trade! That should work out very nicely for you! I expect Anderson to have a huge season, assuming he stays healthy. Kubiak wants to base his entire offense around the run game, and play action, something he couldn't do well with Manning last year. Now that he's gone, and Siemian is in, he's able to do that. Anderson looked super fast, and agile all night, and should have a lot of big games this season in this system! Don't forget, it's the same system that made Arian Foster a star.

I actually had Anderson on the bench for some reason on one of the two teams I own him in, heading into the game, and when I got on last minute to check rosters, realized it, and tried to swap him in for DeMarco Murray, I was literally a couple of seconds too late. I sure hope Murray has a huge game too, or that couple of seconds could have cost me the matchup...

Anderson looked really good, strong, fast, put his head down and hit the hole hard. I expect him to get a lot of carries this season, especially with Siemian under the center. He looked good last night, but he is essentially a rookie and will need the running game to help him develop throughout the season. Partner all of that up with a top tier defense, Anderson could be a fantasy beast this season.

Well, the first full Sunday of NFL action is in the books, and it's been an exciting start to the season! What is everybody's biggest surprise so far?

I think for me, I really didn't expect the Lions to be able to win on the road against the Colts - especially after they missed that extra point near the end. Granted, the Colts defense looks like a bottom three unit, if not the worst, but still... The Lions have a lot of history of epic failures, and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, so it was nice to see them turn that on its head for a change.

Also, it was horrible to see Keenan Allen go down again, likely for the year... Poor guy just can't catch a break it seems. He's a great talent, but his prime years are being eaten by injury,

As for Fantasy Football, I had a rough week in a lot of my leagues (I'm in 7 - don't be me), as I often performed well, only to face a team with one of the week's absurd performers. In our TPR Fantasy League, victory is not impossible for me, but it seems highly unlikely, barring DeAngelo Williams getting injured early in the game. Dang you Brandin Cooks!!!