TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

With how close Tom Kraft and Roger Goddell are, it's not the least bit surprising to see Deflategate quietly swept under the rug.

The "independent" investigator is the same one that "cleared" the NFL of knowing about how severe his actions were.

I don't really think it's a big deal at the end of the day, but I think it's hilarious how blatant the NFL is in trying to sweep it under the rug.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ It was certainly interesting to see the Eagles trade McCoy for Alonso.

Still not sure what to make of that trade when the Bills already had three competent backs in Spiller, Jackson and Brown...especially when they need to upgrade their guards in order to even open running lanes for the RB and to protect the QB - which is another major need, by the way. Not sure if EJ or Cassel is going to lead them to the playoffs although if we get them better protection up front, we should score some points. And our defense is certainly capable of keeping games close.

Definitely a head-scratcher of a trade, but we'll see how it pans out for both teams.

I'm all in for Matt Cassel to win the job and lead the Bills to the Super Bowl.

Disclosure: he went to my high school.

Ahhhh...that's cool! I would definitely like to see him lead the Bills to the Super Bowl!

As much as I would like to see Manual succeed in getting the starting job back, I am not sure if he has the proper mechanics for a pro level starting QB. I have a strong feeling that the starting job will be Cassel's to lose going into the regular season.

I sure hope that they can get the Clay deal worked out soon as that would add a pretty impressive arsenal of weapons for whichever QB to target. Harvin, Watkins, Woods, Hogan and Clay along with McCoy out of the backfield might finally get this offense on track as long - as long as the o-line can take some strides in the run blocking department.

• 5 months later...

I'm both excited and anxious for this season to start. I'm a Jets Fan, so it's guaranteed to be a rough year, but I'm optimistic for now. Let's see what Fitzpatrick can do with this offense, and if the Dream Team (Revis & Cromartie) is truly back together on the defensive side of the ball.

Here's to the 2015 NFL Season!

Finally the NFL season begins tonight.....to quote the great Daniel Bryan......YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!!

I am a Buffalo Bills fan but I will cheer for anyone who is facing the Patriots so tonight I will be backing the Black and Gold of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Well, it didn't work out very well for the Steelers on Thursday, but how about them Bills and the fans going absolutely nuts yesterday??

Although I am still far away from the "Bills are going to the playoffs" bandwagon, I admit that the Bills looked very good against a good opponent yesterday - which is a huge change from years past.

I like Rex's passion that he brings to this team...sure hoping that he can continue to coach good games against the Patriots like he did for the most part while with the Jets.

Go Bills!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Time to bump this thread...

So what teams do you think will make it to the big dance this year now that the season is over...and why? Lightning Rod made a bold prediction for the Vikings to make the playoffs and not only did they make it, they made it with a much better record!

Personally, I would like to see the Bengals and Cardinals in the Super Bowl as I think that it would be cool to see Carson Palmer square off against his old team. But with Dalton possibly out for their game against the Steelers, it looks to me like it could be another one and done for them.

That would be my first choice and my second would be any team that is not the Steelers, Packers, Patriots or Seahawks. They have been there too many times and I just think that it would make for a boring game if you aren't a fan of any of these teams.

My dream is for the Cardinals to win it all as they have been my #2 team (behind the Bills) since 1984...and there was a LOT of ugly football during most of those years. And I would love to see Larry Fitzgerald get a ring...he certainly deserves one!

I feel like it is probably going to end up being Pittsburgh vs Seattle. The AFC is just so bad right now- the Broncos' don't have a reliable QB, the Pats have a horrible offensive line, Dalton is out for the Bengals, and Houston just made the playoffs because they are in a weak division. I honestly feel like KC and Pittsburgh are the two most likely AFC teams to win it all. In the NFC, the Redskins and Packers are both solid but neither will be able to win it all. The Vikings are pretty good but they are probably going to be beat by Seattle. The Cards and Panthers are pretty great too. So if I had to pick between Seattle, Arizona, and Carolina, I would go with Seattle, as they lost a close game against Carolina at the start of the year when they were not doing so great and they DESTROYED Arizona.

Finally, I predict that Seattle beats Pittsburgh by a score of 31-19

^Dressed in Levi jeans, I assume?

So what did everyone think of this weekends wild card games?

While the Green Bay/Washington game is still in progress, I have to say that I feel for Viking's fans today. That missed field goal at the end of the game brought back haunting memories of the Bills 1st SB loss. I have to feel bad for that kicker and what he is going to face from fans and the media in the coming days.

And that Steelers/Bengals game was ummmm....certainly interesting.

If I was the kicker, I would tell fans and the media "sorry I missed that one kick, but you're welcome for the three others that produced the only points for my team."

Bengals didn't deserve that second flag. Should have been offsetting.

My thoughts:

The KC game is why I DVR most NFL games. No need to watch a blow out.

I felt bad for the Vikings. Can't believe they lost like that.

So happy to see the Redskins lose. I said all along they were overrated because of the weakness of their division. Yeah, they looked good at first, but were soon exposed. Any season where Daniel Snyder gets nowhere near a Super Bowl is a good season.

The Steelers/Bengals game was perhaps the most insane NFL game I've ever seen. The Bengals and their fans are completely classless, and I'm so happy they lost. There should have been some ejections long before the end of that game.

dt