The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is probably a dumb question but here it is: is it OK if I wear a Buccaneers jersey in the visitors side of the Raymond James Stadium for the Dolphins @ Buccaneers game?

You can wear anything you want to an NFL game these days including jerseys of teams that aren't even playing (I'll still make fun of you, but people still do it). But wearing a Bucs jersey anywhere in Raymond James, maybe except for the visitors teams family section which I doubt you have tickets in anyways, should be fine. Have fun!

I find it funny that people are so shocked the Bronkeys lost last night. When you look at the teams they've played so far it shouldn't be so shocking.

Only 1 team with a winning record (Cowgirls) and 2 teams that have yet to win a game (Giants/Jaguars). To say the Bronkeys are overrated is an understatement. Not saying they "suck" but they are probably the 6-7th best team in the NFL.

I don't know if Id go so far as to say they're 6-7 th best team in the league but I will agree with you that they might be a tad overrated. I'm interested to see how they play defensively from here on out with Vonn Miller back in the lineup. I did pick Indy to win last night and with 5 games left this season against the Chargers, Chiefs, and Patriots I can see Denver 2-3 of those games.

I didn't realize that Indy has wins against Seattle, San Fran, and Denver this far season, it's a shame that Wayne is done for the year because that team might be able to make a deep run (as much as I hate to admit it, screw you Indy!).

^Dolphins and Chargers were the two losses for the Colts.

Speaking of the Dolphins, big win for the Bills in Miami yesterday. Mario Williams came up huge late in that game and basically picked that win up for Buffalo. Can't believe that we almost knocked off the Bengals last week and won in Miami this week with a QB that started our season on the freaking practice squad!

Now with the Patriots loss yesterday, the AFC East will remain very much up for grabs for all four teams. The Bills have had nail-biters in every game so far, but it was nice to see this young team finally pick up a road win against a divisional foe. While I don't feel that they are playoff caliber yet, they have been exciting and fun to watch, which is something I can't say for the previous ummmmm....thirteen seasons.

Personally, I think the Patriots are another over-rated team like the Broncos. Tom Brady has saved their butts big time in a couple of games so far and as one post-game announcer said yesterday: "If the Patriots win a Super Bowl this year with this team, this will undoubtedly be Bill Belichick's biggest coaching success story of all time - hands down."

I find it funny that people are so shocked the Bronkeys lost last night. When you look at the teams they've played so far it shouldn't be so shocking.

Only 1 team with a winning record (Cowgirls) and 2 teams that have yet to win a game (Giants/Jaguars). To say the Bronkeys are overrated is an understatement. Not saying they "suck" but they are probably the 6-7th best team in the NFL.

I would say that they're better than that, I mean their offense is almost unstoppable, with all of Maning's receivers and TE's, but kudos to the Colts for doing a great job of shutting them somewhat down and coming up with the big plays they needed on D.

The Seahawks may have the biggest home field advantage in all the major sports, not just the NFL. The only sports team I can think of that even has a comparable home advantage is the San Jose Sharks of the NHL. If the Seahawks manage to get home field advantage in the playoffs they'll romp right through to the Superbowl.

Yeah, I like Seattle in the NFC if they keep home field, the AFC I'm still really not sure of. Obviously everyone thinks Denver is the favorite, and they probably are, but I don't like the combo of no run game, marginal defense, and outdoors in January. I'm not sure who can beat them maybe Cincinnati, maybe Kansas City, maybe Indy. Don't sleep on New England either, their offense will continue to improve and as long as Brady is on the field they're gonna compete.

I'll make my mid season Superbowl prediction Indy vs Seattle.

^ I'll second that, Indy really showed toughness against the Broncos, but another win in the playoffs could be more challenging considering Reggie Wayne is gone for the year. IMO, the only team in the NFC that has a shot of knocking off the Seahawks at home are the Niners, is Kaepernick plays well, they are almost unstoppable.

^I would think that the Packers would have to be pretty desperate to sign Flynn...especially if he can't even beat out a practice squad and rookie undrafted QB to start for the Buffalo Bills!

I will say that I am proud of the Bills this year, despite their 3-6 record. If it wouldn't have been for some questionable play calling near the goal line, we would have (and should have) beat the Chiefs last week with a guy named Tuel starting as our QB. That 100 yard pick six was killer and was a play that should have never been called by the OC in that situation.

Other than the beating we got by Drew Brees the week before, Buffalo has hung tough with every team they have played so far. Our record could easily be 7-1 if we would have been able to not choke near the end of some of those tight games (Bengals, Browns, Jets, Patriots & Chiefs).

It will be interesting to see what the Bills do in the draft and through free agency next year. After 13 seasons of no playoffs, I do see an end to the playoff drought if we keep our current head coach (Marrone) and DC (Pettine) around.

^I would think that the Packers would have to be pretty desperate to sign Flynn...especially if he can't even beat out a practice squad and rookie undrafted QB to start for the Buffalo Bills! .

I completely agree, but seeing as he has some (relatively successful) experience in their offense, it wouldn't be stupid to sign him as their back-up, and see what he has. Right now, Seneca Wallace (Talk about being beat out by Rookie QB's) is the only 'Healthy' QB on their roster. They need to make some sort of move now that we know what Rodgers' injury truly entails.

**Side Note, I am a die-hard JETS Fan, and have been completely blindsided at how good this team is this year. I expected 3-4 wins all season, and at the halfway mark we have 5??? How did that happen!

So…uhh…this Richie Icognito story is getting crazy. It's reminding me of the "code red" in "A Few Good Men." Now the team is at the point where everyone is trying to get their stories straight, since they know they all played a hand in it...