TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

So where will the Tim Tebow circus pull into town next? Personally I don't love or hate Tim Tebow (though most people seem to be one one side of the fence or the other) but he does bring a little something "extra" to the game when he's on the field. I realize he's not what a GM is looking for as far as a franchise QB option so they're all afraid to put their jobs on the line for him, but if you're going to be bad at least be interesting. I'd love to see someone give him the reigns for a year or 2 and let him sink or swim (Jacksonville), win or lose at least they will be interesting to watch.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought my 49ers had a pretty good draft. Filled some holes.

I still don't get the Barkley to the Eagles thing, even as a late round draft pick (unless they are looking to trade him if he has a good training camp/pre-season). I don't see Chip Kelley changing his offensive scheme for the NFL and why should he? You don't hire Chick Kelley to do a traditional NFL offense, you hire him to do what he did at Oregon and improve on that. I don't think Vick is that guy, Barkley certainly isn't that guy. Which is why I was surprised they didn't hire Geno Smith (who I also find to be overrated).

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles pick up Teblow or do some trade for Sanchez/Barkley perhaps.

I still don't get the Barkley to the Eagles thing, even as a late round draft pick (unless they are looking to trade him if he has a good training camp/pre-season). I don't see Chip Kelley changing his offensive scheme for the NFL and why should he? You don't hire Chick Kelley to do a traditional NFL offense, you hire him to do what he did at Oregon and improve on that. I don't think Vick is that guy, Barkley certainly isn't that guy. Which is why I was surprised they didn't hire Geno Smith (who I also find to be overrated).

I actually wouldn't be surprised to see the Eagles pick up Teblow or do some trade for Sanchez/Barkley perhaps.

I still think his offense will look a little different in the NFL, it has to. Defensive ends in the NFL are just too athletic to run traditional read options against, same thing for the corner backs against a lot of the screens Oregon used run. The similarities will probably be in the tempo and the speed of the offense not necessarily the plays themselves. I'm excited to watch it, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Tebow wound up in Philly.

The more I read about it, the more I think this is actually a smart pick for Chip. He knows Matt, having played against him. And his quotes make it seem as if he will be mixing elements of his system (faster tempo/quicker snaps) in with west coast and spread elements to fit the NFL.

• 2 months later...

^ I can see both sides of it. These contracts contain so much legalese which is why you hire an agent/lawyer to help you realize what it says in plain English. On the other side, this isn't like the iTunes agreement or a job contract for you or I that deals in thousands of dollars, this is in the millions. Even with all of the legalese I would have taken some time to read the thing. Then if something didn't make sense you ask about it and the agent would catch it.

Unfortunately it seems this isn't the first issue this agent has had so hopefully Tarrell has some kind of legal ground to stand on. Of course the team could restructure his contract as well, which is a possibility.

I normally don't feel bad for multi-millionaires but this isn't like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady missing out on a couple of million. This is a substantial amount of his salary.

I hate the preseason. Scripted plays, no one really going all out unless they are trying to make the team...and I think this training camp/preseason cycle is even worse because of the new rules. More injuries are happening because the players can't properly condition themselves in the name of "player safety."

I haven't watched any pre-season football yet either, we even bought season tickets for the Jaguars this year and will be out of town for both of their pre season games. I know I know, season tickets to the Jaguars haha laugh all you want but hey, might as well enjoy having an NFL team in my city while I can before they get moved off to LA/London!

More injuries are happening because the players can't properly condition themselves in the name of "player safety."

I didn't realize it but the new CBA says teams can only have like 16 full pads practices during the regular season which is insane if you think about it. It will be interesting to see if the higher rate of injuries continues as the season plays out.

I expect more injuries and terrible tackling throughout the season. I'm an expert on this sort of thing, being a USC fan where Kiffin tried to limit contact in practice last season.

I'll be in Florida in November and I'd love to go watch the Dolphins @ Tampa Bay on November 11th!

I have a few questions:

What's a good website to buy tickets?

What seat would you suggest for less than 200 € (265 $)?

I was thinking one of these sections: 109, 112, 134, 137 and I was looking for a place where I can see the cheerleaders!

^I'm not sure if they do or not, I don't use Stubhub a whole lot but I do know some of the tickets are instant download, electronic tickets, so that might be your best option to avoid overseas shipping costs.

If you buy them through Ticketmaster you might be able to just pick them up at will call on game day, may want to check that as well.