The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just wanted to share something I posted on a football message board at the end of November regarding the change at QB for my 49ers. Hindsight being what it is, I think I was pretty spot-on.

My thoughts: I like Alex Smith. He's a good QB. He's not going to lose a game for you with a stupid mistake. But ... because of that, the chances of him winning a game with his arm are slim. Yes, without him last year, the 49ers don't win the New Orleans playoff game. I give him all the credit in the world for that one. But his true weakness came to play in the NFC Championship. Defenses know with him at QB you really only have to defend the run and the short pass.

With CK7 it adds an entirely new dimension to the team. You don't go out in the off season and get Moss and Manningham to complement Crabtree and not have a QB who can stretch it out and get the ball down the field. It just doesn't happen.

While I wish the circumstances surrounding replacing Alex Smith would have gone smoother, I'm pleased with the end result. What CK7 lacks in experience he makes up for in talent.

I have a feeling that Alex Smith won't be with the team next year. He's going to demand a trade and I think the team should absolutely give it to him. They should be able to get a pretty high draft pick for him from a team like Philly, Jacksonville or even Arizona (although I'd prefer he not go in the division). That will enable the 49ers to draft a decent backup for Kaepernick.

I hate to say this, but unless Tom Brady completely screws up, New England has a real good shot at winning another Super Bowl.

Then again, that's been the said since 2005 and it hasn't happened since.

Edited by larrygator

I just wanted to share something I posted on a football message board at the end of November regarding the change at QB for my 49ers. Hindsight being what it is, I think I was pretty spot-on.

My thoughts: I like Alex Smith. He's a good QB. He's not going to lose a game for you with a stupid mistake. But ... because of that, the chances of him winning a game with his arm are slim. Yes, without him last year, the 49ers don't win the New Orleans playoff game. I give him all the credit in the world for that one. But his true weakness came to play in the NFC Championship. Defenses know with him at QB you really only have to defend the run and the short pass.

With CK7 it adds an entirely new dimension to the team. You don't go out in the off season and get Moss and Manningham to complement Crabtree and not have a QB who can stretch it out and get the ball down the field. It just doesn't happen.

While I wish the circumstances surrounding replacing Alex Smith would have gone smoother, I'm pleased with the end result. What CK7 lacks in experience he makes up for in talent.

I have a feeling that Alex Smith won't be with the team next year. He's going to demand a trade and I think the team should absolutely give it to him. They should be able to get a pretty high draft pick for him from a team like Philly, Jacksonville or even Arizona (although I'd prefer he not go in the division). That will enable the 49ers to draft a decent backup for Kaepernick.

Is CK7 a thing now? haha, just kidding. I totally agree with what you said, I think Harbaugh knew that playing teams like Green Bay, New Orleans, New England, and even Atlanta he would have to be able to score 35-40 points to win games and CK7 ( ) gives him a better chance to do that. With Alex Smith they aint scoring 40 points a week every week, with Kaepernick they've got a pretty good shot....

So glad the Niners are finally back in the Superbowl! I'm also so glad it's with Kaepernick! I hate all that kaepernicking and CK7 crap, but I like him. Had season tickets at UNR just to watch him play. He still could be better, but not bad considering he's only had 10 starts! I really hope we play the Ravens, only because I can't stand the Patriots. But we've already beat the Patriots once so either way is fine with me. I just hope the hard fighting Niners show up, and not the ones that seemed like they gave up as Dave pointed out.