TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

2007 Golden Tickets Announced

Kingda Ka has horrible operations, is very rough, and has OTSR.

From what I have heard all summer Kingda Ka has had GREAT operations. This includes all four trains running, dispatching one side of the station as soon as the other side is back, and the line keeps moving.

Have you ridden Kingda Ka in the front car of the train? It's definitely not rough up there.

I was there on Labor Day - KK was launching a train every two minutes. Yes they were running four trains, in fact while two trains from one side would be rolling out, the other two trains were already back and reloaded.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best New Ride of 2007 - Amusement Park

Maverick at Cedar Point, Sandusky, Ohio

Best New Ride of 2007 - Waterpark

Bakuli at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari,

Santa Claus, Ind.

It changed from last year, though what does Bakuli have over other Toilet Bowl slides out there?

I think we should start the Donkey awards. We should have categories such as these:

Best Park Ever

Best Coaster Ever

Best Death Machine

Best Trash Cans (subcategories for Cedar Fair and non Cedar Fair parks)

Better-Than-Voyage Award - For some of those great woodies that Amusement Today doesn't even know about

Better-Than-Schlitterbahn Award - For the best water park

"Taer It Down!1" award for the Worst Ride Ever

Most Painful Ride Ever

Most Boring Ride Ever

Most Overrated Ride Ever

Most Underrated Ride Ever

Trashiest park

Cedar-Fair-Park-With-The-Most-Trashcans award

Lamest theming

Amazing But I Hate It award

WTF? award

Love it. I'd have to add a few though:

Worst new ride

Slowest Lines

Rudest ride ops

Slowest ride ops

Shortest ride cycles for spin and pukes

Biggest food ripoff

Highest parking price

Made-me-want-to-gag show

Worst theming

Most expensive bottled water

Worst smelling park (BGA - Tampa by a landslide)

Most overpriced park

Highest concrete to grass/plants/trees ratio

Now these are some categories that would get the winners to act!

Defending a park does not mean someone is a fanboy, they just simply like the park.

Heck, I like the park. I just don't think it's #1, or even close to being the best. And you shouldn't downplay the CP fanboy factor. That alone is a serious detriment to the park. You know if CP was run by Busch with Disney-level hotels, it unquestionably would be #1. The location is great. They just do some goofy things.

Well, while I'm not sure what the criteria are for CP winning Best Park, for me it wins hands down on ride capacity and efficiency. And that for me, makes it the best park. I don't go to parks for food, shows, or landscaping. I go for rides. And for value of the experience.

IMO, the Busch parks are hideously overpriced. Almost twice the price of CP with less than half the number of coasters.

Yeah there are parks with some better rides, its just that you spend twice as much time in those parks in line!

Well, while I'm not sure what the criteria are for CP winning Best Park, for me it wins hands down on ride capacity and efficiency. And that for me, makes it the best park. I don't go to parks for food, shows, or landscaping. I go for rides. And for value of the experience.

IMO, the Busch parks are hideously overpriced. Almost twice the price of CP with less than half the number of coasters.

Yeah there are parks with some better rides, its just that you spend twice as much time in those parks in line!

Are we talking about the same park? I've been to CP three times this year (5 days total), and the lines have been awful. Rarely did I ever see wait times for TTD or MF under 2 hours. Heck, I saw a 75 minute wait posted for Blue Streak last Sunday. Blue Streak! It seems that CP isn't even worth doing unless you do the early entry because the lines are just terrible otherwise.

And CP's obsession with capacity makes Skyhawk a total waste of time because the cycle is laughably short. You get up to about one full swing, and then the ride is over. But you still have to wait forever to get on it because the loading/unloading is the real time killer. Why in the world they don't add another 20-30 seconds to the cycle is beyond me.

You know if CP was run by Busch with Disney-level hotels, it unquestionably would be #1. The location is great. They just do some goofy things.

I couldn't agree more.

Goofy being sutting rides down at the first hint of sprinkles or a knee jerk reaction by shortening seatbelts.

Two examples of why I really enjoy Hershey and BGE.

And CP's obsession with capacity makes Skyhawk a total waste of time because the cycle is laughably short. You get up to about one full swing, and then the ride is over. But you still have to wait forever to get on it because the loading/unloading is the real time killer. Why in the world they don't add another 20-30 seconds to the cycle is beyond me.

This is a problem with all S&S Screamin' Swings. I think its to the point that the ride can not actually have a longer cycle. The 32 person model's longest cycle is four swings at full height. While i have not seen any other 40 person models besides CP actually operate, I would assume that it can only reach two. (as it does currently)

Defending a park does not mean someone is a fanboy, they just simply like the park.

Heck, I like the park. I just don't think it's #1, or even close to being the best. And you shouldn't downplay the CP fanboy factor. That alone is a serious detriment to the park. You know if CP was run by Busch with Disney-level hotels, it unquestionably would be #1. The location is great. They just do some goofy things.

I never said it wouldn't be number one, nor did I say there was no such thing as CP fanboys. I am just sick and tired of people automatically being called a fanboy when they say one sentence defending a park.

The interesting thing about these polls is that they do not require you to have visited these parks in the past year so many of the voters I am sure just pick their favorites from years past as in "Well I remember SRoS being fun when I rode it 8 years ago so I'll rate it high," even though the ride may have changed since then- I mean for all they know the ride may now end with a splash into a septic tank!

This is a problem with all S&S Screamin' Swings. I think its to the point that the ride can not actually have a longer cycle. The 32 person model's longest cycle is four swings at full height. While i have not seen any other 40 person models besides CP actually operate, I would assume that it can only reach two. (as it does currently)

I know nothing about the specs of the rides. I just know that Kennywood's swing has a *much* better cycle.

The interesting thing about these polls is that they do not require you to have visited these parks in the past year so many of the voters I am sure just pick their favorites from years past as in "Well I remember SRoS being fun when I rode it 8 years ago so I'll rate it high," even though the ride may have changed since then- I mean for all they know the ride may now end with a splash into a septic tank!

Mitch's poll tracks whether you've ridden in the current season or not. Votes on rides that were not ridden in the current season are given less weight in the poll. Just another reason why poll is the best one.

I know nothing about the specs of the rides. I just know that Kennywood's swing has a *much* better cycle.

Not this year. Last year the cycle was much longer than Skyhawk's, but this year it was surprisingly short, and the same as Skyhawk's.

man we must have got lucky a few weeks ago then because I thought it was the best cycle I've ever gotten on a swing... whatever

That was my experience back in May. It seemed like twice as long as Skyhawk's cycle. And I had been to CP just a few weeks prior. Maybe they shorten the cycle as they get into the busier months. It still seems retarded to me to shorten the cycles because the loading process is the real time eater. I'd much rather wait a few more minutes for a longer cycle.

^ ARGH .. stop it!

Fine, you're right. There isn't a single drop of bird crap anywhere in Cedar Point. In fact it's so clean that when I need to clean my dishes, I just rub them all over Cedar Point. It's the best park ever .. there's nothing wrong with Cedar Point .. I heard that a little girl had cancer, went to Cedar Point, and how she's well. Jesus was born there. At Cedar Point, Britney Spears is actually a good singer, and you get air-time just by standing on the midway .. they have technology there that can reduce gravity. All Worship "The Point" from where everything good has, and for ever more, will come.

HAPPY?

Cameron.

That was great! I needed a good laugh!

And Deluge was by far the best waterpark ride I've been on.

The GT awards are becoming very predictable, and any meaning they used to have is quickly falling to the wayside because of that predictability. Then they keep adding these obscure new awards every couple of years, which isn't helping the situation.

Don't get me wrong! I like amusement/theme park awards presentations. I think they're fun, but the Golden Tickets have just gotten silly to me.

But...I would be all in for something like the TPR Donkey awards. That would be a blast! Because they would be all about being "tongue-in-cheek" and silly by design. As silly as the GT's seem to me, they take themselves too seriously.

^ ARGH .. stop it!

Fine, you're right. There isn't a single drop of bird crap anywhere in Cedar Point. In fact it's so clean that when I need to clean my dishes, I just rub them all over Cedar Point. It's the best park ever .. there's nothing wrong with Cedar Point .. I heard that a little girl had cancer, went to Cedar Point, and how she's well. Jesus was born there. At Cedar Point, Britney Spears is actually a good singer, and you get air-time just by standing on the midway .. they have technology there that can reduce gravity. All Worship "The Point" from where everything good has, and for ever more, will come.

HAPPY?

Cameron.

That was great! I needed a good laugh!

And Deluge was by far the best waterpark ride I've been on.

Thank You Cameron! That really needed to be said. I love CP...but it's not the amusement park holy land for everybody.

Some random thoughts:

- Knott's Haunt over HHN?!? Please.

- No park in the US should win "cleanest" when compared to parks in Japan. The majority of these places are immaculate.

- Like others have said, until Epcot wins for "best food", that category is a joke. Disney food in general blows away pretty much anyone else.

- Europa Park makes BGE look like a church parking lot carnival in comparison.

- As always, these awards are pretty much a lame joke. I swear they could send out the same press release every year and no one would notice.

- Cameron wins the Post Of The Month Award. Be sure to redeem your prize voucher at the gift shop on the way out of the facility. Thank you.

dt

I have to say, I almost completely agree with these awards. I think they got it right this year. Nie job Golden Tickets Awards!!! Keep up the good work.

You know what? Good for you!

I hope you have on flame-retardant clothing, though.

Electerik

Prophet of the Predictable