TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The song you pick just starts, once you lave the station and head for the lifthill.

Unlike the onride sound systems that Disney puts together (Space Mountain; Rock "n Roller Coaster) and usually creates and times it's music with the length and ups/downs of the ride....

This was just a matter of: you pick what style of music you wanted (out of five choices), and the song started just after you left the station. Then, if the song happens to run longer than the coaster ride istelf - they just faded the song out when you reached the station. My fave was the Classic Rock selection, being the Beatles' "Get back." But I never heard the entire song since like I just said, the ride was shorter than the actual music , heh heh.

Nothing more complicated than that. And for the $$$$ money they probably spent on this ride, I owuld have thought they would have done more in synch-ing the music with the ride's timing. Like Disney does.

But it was still a nice coaster with a great time riding over and around the Universal buildings, hitting a couple of air pops and a helix before hitting the station.

And at night, it was great-looking with star-like bursts of lights (comet-like?) streaking from the front car to the back of the trains. First roller coaster I have ever seen using on-train running lights like this. It might be something Universal might use in one of their future coasters in IOA and/or the US Studio parks.

Was definitely very cool to ride.

Well, I'm about 90% of the way home from Korea at this stage, currently "enjoying" a layover at Paris CDG. Some links:

I've posted photo galleries from Kumdoriland, Lotte World, and Woobang Towerland on my album site, all compiled on the plane. More will follow.

http://www.themeparks.ie/

I posted the link to trip reports already but just so its in the same place:

http://www.bannister.org/coasters/trips/2007/

Thanks to Robb and Elissa for a great trip. Hopefully see you in China next year.

Thanks for posting your TRs.

But one of the first photos I see that you've posted, made me go OMG - I know a few of them!!!

Wish I could have added-on, but wasn't able to for this tour.

Thanks for sharing what you've visited with the group, so far.

KoreanAdd-on01tongdo.jpg.9d443bb6d1f6c9d9fb489485d9828b96.jpg

OMG I know some of these people! (I hate you.) Some peeps have all the time, huh? (wink)

Hmm, that Aska chick looks familiar, I think that we met her too, after riding Jaws if my memory serve me right.

Mike and/or Adam might have a photo of us.

I'm currently on my way home now, and waiting for my connectiong flight from Copenhagen, will be home in a couple of hours.

Tom and I did a little side trip to Tobu zoo, we had the time to do this due to the flights to Europe from Tokyo leaves before we got there from Korea, thankfully we got rebooked to an earlier flight from Korea so we had a bit of extra time in Tokyo, we really neded that time since we just runned between the places and just got on the last bus fro the hotel. Did all coasters there and some other random rides as well.

Got some nice pictures of the construction of Heart-Beat when we were there, and it looks like a fun little ride. Much of the second half of the track is installed and the colors of it really make the ride stand out compared to the rest.

^^

Didn't get back to TDS for Raging Spirits' re-opening, hmmm?

But you did get some credits, and that's a good thing.

Miss you already Peter. You and your "dashing style" to get our fastpasses, when (and which ones) needed, lol.

Great touring around with you and Mike, and Mark and Adam, and Ginny, and ...

WAAAAAAAAAAH. Miss everybody already, sniff sniff.

^^

Didn't get back to TDS for Raging Spirits' re-opening, hmmm?

But you did get some credits, and that's a good thing.

Miss you already Peter. You and your "dashing style" to get our fastpasses, when (and which ones) needed, lol.

No, since it will probably be easier to go back to TD then Tobu, but most we were there for the credits, and 3 is better then 1, and we got some nice photos o fthe coaster under construction as well.

You should know that I almost couldn't walk the mornings after that, and I had pain in my legs for several days after Disnay, but better that then standing in line waiting, and not getting as many rides as we did.

Miss you all, hopefully we all meet again in the future!!!

You should know that I almost couldn't walk the mornings after that, and I had pain in my legs for several days after Disnay, but better that then standing in line waiting, and not getting as many rides as we did.

I totally agree on that.

And me and Mike both hope the pain in your legs gradually went away, and left you with fond fastpass memories, instead.

Again, awesome for you to do that for us, Peter. Many many thanks.

And if you were having pain in your legs afterwards - remember how winded and close to a heart meltdown I was, that one (and thankfully only) time I left you guys at Peter Pan, to get fastpasses at Buzz? That was enough for me, I must tell you, heh heh.

But - let's do it again at DisneyParis next year, shall we???

My reccomendation would be to go try out the ride for yourself, just be forewarned about Fuji-Q's horrible park operations, and sit on an inside seat!!!

--Robb

I waited 3 1/2 hours for Eejenkia (henceforth known as "Japanese X"). I did an inside seat and I liked it! the flips were a lot smoother than X and the ride was really great. I'm glad I didn't choose an outside seat.

I did ride X at Magic Mountain about a week later. That ride was terrible! I was in the front row and on an inside seat. The flips were like I was riding a rusty old crank and it hurt a lot. People were coming off the coaster saying, "That was an awesome ride!" I came off saying, "Ow, ow, ow, ow." The line was a little bit outside of the load platform and I waited 50 minutes on a one train operation. Way to go, Magic Mountain!

"Ow, ow, ow, ow."

That's the clean version of what I said on X and the Japanese X.

The best part is that it doubled as a drinking fountain!

I was hoping I would never hear that joke again. Thank you for making me gag again.

My pleasure!

Hi Robb

We ran into you briefly at Fuji-Q Highland. We just want to thank you again for the awesome trip notes you have provided on your site for Japan! Without them there is no way we would have found our way to parks such as Expoland or Tobu Zoo!

Your trip looked like a lot of fun & for all those of you out there who keep banging on about how much fun Japan looks - well, it is fun!! Get over there & see it!! Robb & Elissa have done the hard work. Print out their guide & use it as your bible. With no real Japanese to speak of, I am proof that it works and you will find your way around no problem!

Quick bit of advice though. The 2 most important Japanese words you should learn are:

SHINKANSEN - Japanese for "Bloody Fast Train!"

EEJANAIKA - Japanese for "Bloody Long Queue!"

Thanks again for helping with our trip Robb & Elissa. Hopefully we will bump into you again at another park soon!

BEN (Coaster Dooey) & Vivienne (GotWood?)

P.S.- Whilst I agree with everything you said about the operations at Fuji-Q, you still have to admit, their squid on a stick makes for a damn tasty lunch!

Whilst I agree with everything you said about the operations at Fuji-Q, you still have to admit, their squid on a stick makes for a damn tasty lunch!

Damn long waits on their two big coasters ("Dumb-Dumb-Sh**" and "Euthenasia") made me totally forget about squid-on-a-stick!

I so wanted to try that, at least once on the tour.

Ah well - always another future Japan tour to try again, hmmm?

(EDIT: I did get to finally try my first-ever {Japanese-style} DIPPIN' DOTS at Fuji-Q! )

^ Hmmmm.

That place definitely needs some new management in place.

What with long lines, even for the smaller coasters we found out,

and now you tell me, they ran out of squid-on-a-stick?

At the (usual) dinner hour???