TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR Japan Trip 2007" Thread

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm...no mention of Hollywood Dream in this thread. Did you guys ride it? I thought it was fantastic.

It was ok. Most of us thought it was somewhere around average. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Strangely enough, 4 days at Disney wasn't quite enough for some people. Both parks were fantastic. The DLR resort would absolutely have an emergency on their hands if they had (seriously) half the amount of people that were there at only 8 in the morning. (Parks open at 9)

Did Fuji-Q today. The title SFMM of Japan (sorry Jahan) is aptly earned.

Euthanasia stinks. AFAIK, X was never that bad!

JJ

Well, not having been tainted with having magic mountain as a home park, and thoroughly enjoying X a few years back, I absolutely loved Eejanikia. I am in the minority here, but I am not alone. Japanese X is so much better than X is (at least when I rode it.) Fugi-Q needs a lot of work but they have 3 really great rides. I was one of a handful that went twice. It has such great potential. And it is set with the best scenic background I have ever seen.

Eejanikia was really great for me too, but the wait time for it absolutely stunk. 3+ hours we spent waiting to go on it for myself and several others in line, and they kept adding, then removing a train of cars during our wait time in the station. NOT the best way to appreciate a coaster, let alone the park ops. But we held on and got the awesome ride that it was, lol.

And we ended up calling it "Euthanasia" har har. And in our time on line, I thankfully had TPR snacks to devide up between me and my 3 ride amigos there. Not much, but better than nothing, at the time.

And - my first Dipping Dots - ever! Not bad they were, for my first.

More, as we all move along here, getting closer to the end of it all, or the S.Korea add-on, depending....

***To Pete C. re: Hollywood Dream coaster at Universal - nice coaster, a couple of good air pops along the way and it was fun having the choice of music to listen to in your seat's speakers!

Ok, so I know this is jumping ahead a bit in the update schedule and I will have more photos and stuff in the Fuji-Q update, but I figured since this topic was brought up I would add my 2 cents into it. So here are my thoughts on Eejanaika....

I will first say that I am not a fan of X, never liked the ride aside for the initial 2 months that it ran very smooth, I find it overrrated, usually rough as hell (there is the occasional smooth ride I get on it) and the 4D system really does nothing for me.

So flash-forward to my least favorite Japanese park getting a "Super-X." Fuji-Q may very well be one of my least favorite parks in the world. IMO, it is completely unacceptable for the typical visit to be walk in the park and roll the dice as to what ride you will spend 1 to 3 hours in line for. Today was no exception. I heard wait times anywhere from 45 minutes to over 3 hours for the "Big Three Coasters" at the park. And even the smaller coasters have horrible operations. Hamster Coaster was posted at 1hour 15 minutes, Joey waited 45 minutes for the kiddie coaster.

Terrible.

Our goal today was to walk into the park and ride Eejanaika (and the Mad Mouse) since those were the only two credits we needed. We hoped for the best and within 5 minutes of walking in the park we knew our visit would be just as craptacular as our last one.

A slight drizzle (yes, it wasn't even enough to get Dan agitated) kept the ride from opening until about 11:30ish when we were told we could wait in line, but they had given out 200 "exit passes" from when the ride had gone down just after park opening and they had to wait 1 hour before they would let us in the station so that those people could get their ride in.

Huh?

It's not as though those people were hanging out waiting for the ride, they had already dispursed throughout the park. But they did not allow anyone else in the station until they had given the exit pass people a window of 1 hour to get back to the ride.

So after about 3 hours of constant annoyance, we finally board the ride.

I end up in the back row, outside seat and I had what was one of my roughest coaster rides of my life. As much as it pains me to say it, I never had this bad of a ride on X, even when it made me punch myself in the face!!!

I have never been thrown around so much on a coaster and my body whacked around a restraint so much. If it wasn't for the padding, it probably would have been close to those original rides on Outer Limits with the OTSR's.

It was that bad. And I have the video to prove it!

What baffled me is I thought that with these newer trains and the new upgrades to the 4D technology the ride would be much smoother. Now granted I was probably in one of the worst seats possible as people who rode the inside seats said they got a much smoother ride, but I would say the group reaction was fairly split. Some people come off saying it was like being chucked down a hill inside a metal trash can, and those with a higher tollerance to getting the shit beat out of you didn't seem to mind it.

As for the layout itself, it was VERY much like X. In fact, I honestly didn't really notice that much of a difference even when going through the "Full-Full" (or whatever it was called.) It was like I think we flipped an extra time there, but I was so busy trying to not get the shit kicked out of me that I didn't really notice.

The whole ride was like Deja Vu (but rougher!) The first drop felt the same as X. The first raven turn, the second raven turn, the turn around, etc, all felt just like something I had done before.

Now I will say that, if you are a fan of X, you will probably LOVE this ride. It just was not for me, but having said that I would like to try it again in an inside seat, but there is no way I would ever wait in a long queue for it again.

My reccomendation would be to go try out the ride for yourself, just be forewarned about Fuji-Q's horrible park operations, and sit on an inside seat!!!

--Robb

The two best things about Fuji-Q:

1. The view of Mt. Fuji when it finally decided to stop hiding behind the clouds.

2. Leaving.

Other than that...it's pretty much just there. Most of it is a total "parking lot park" with just concrete and no theming at all, the operations are HORRIBLE (to the point where no matter how awesome any ride at the park may have been, the ridiculous wait time before hand really takes away from it), and no ride really stands out.

Dodonpa's launch is awesome, but the rest of the ride does nothing except punch you in the stomach real hard because the negative G's over the hill are insane. Fujiyama is a fun ride too, but the weird, somewhat painful turns/hills at the end take away from it. Didn't bother with Ejendsfsdfwhatever because X isn't worth a 3 hour wait. 2 hours for Dodonpa was bad enough...

Had I been able to re-ride anything, my opinion may have been different. But that would have required the operations not to suck and/or wasting a day at Disney+$100 of my own money to get an extra pointless day there.

Ah, thanks so much for that review. While I do like X, it's a shame that "X 2.0" is not much different, or improved, depending on your point of view. I guess the only thing missing is that song from the blood rave scene in Blade playing in the queue. At least it's not the "do-don-pa" musical notes playing over and over.

Ah, thanks so much for that review. While I do like X, it's a shame that "X 2.0" is not much different, or improved, depending on your point of view. I guess the only thing missing is that song from the blood rave scene in Blade playing in the queue. At least it's not the "do-don-pa" musical notes playing over and over.

No, now it's "Eejanaika" singing over and over

I'm a fan of X and I absolutely hated Eejwhatever. It was actually the entire reason for our trip to Japan and was by far the biggest disappointment. I'm glad that I only waited an hour and a half for it. I'm also glad that we decided to end our trip at the Disney parks. They put the happy back in Jive.

Do any of you know where to get a Steel Dragon shirt? I looked all over the park and all they had was tiny ass shat. I'm about 6'4" and built like a Greek God (was there a God of cheese?).

My 2nd choice is a Journey to the Center of the Earth shirt from Disney Sea or just any non-girly Disney Sea shirt. That park was pretty much bad ass.

I just can't find shirts anywhere.

Well, it's too bad that the majority of you didn't like Eejanaika. It remains my favorite ride, but it's definitely true that it got significantly rougher over the course of the seven rides I clocked on it between January and August of this year. I guess it also helps that I've never waited more than about 70 minutes for it, and that time the queue was entertained with a nice little fireworks show just behind the park offices.

Was Nasu Highland on the itinerary? Now that's a collection of some of the most painful coasters (and restraint systems) that I've ever experienced. I usually say that I get beat up way worse on a regular basis in my ordinary life than by any coaster, but I retracted that statement at Nasu.

I still have yet to hear about anyone in this group ever going through "The Hospital." I believe Robb skipped that last trip, am I correct?

You can't be so coaster obsessed to have not tried one of the greatest walkthroughs in history?

We all wanted to do the hospital, but with 2 to 3 hour lines for most everything in the park, we either:

A. ran out of time

B. didn't care enough to do it

C. were too frustrated with Fuji-Q to wait in yet another 60 minute line for the Hospital.

Thus, no one did it. I hear it is great, but I don't think anyone on the trip is into walk throughs enough to wait out the line it had yesterday.

--Robb

^Yeah, it was tough enough just getting the coasters in--and I`m a big fan of haunted walk throughs (an hour wait to take a 45-minute walk did seem a bit much).

As for Eejanwhatthehell, I think FujiKu could have saved a lot of money by just rolling people down a hill in a barrel.

It would seem that:

4th Dimension coaster = great idea, but poorly executed.

Sorry you guys had such a bad ride on Eejanaika. I, too, hoped that they would have made improvements to "X Japan," but it seems not.

Eric "won't be riding X---The Sequel anytime soon" L.