TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musicals

IceDragon

Well, to no surprise of my own, our October tour date of "Jesus Christ Superstar" has been pushed to November .... of next year!

Broadway in New York, is going to start live theatre again in the early Fall (hooray), but I figured that touring shows would take a bit longer to re-organize and get themself touring again.

So the delay for this one was expected. And that means "Anastasia" will be our first touring show, in January, 2022.

... Of "whatever" this season is, LOL. 🎭

Tempted to go check this out for my birthday because the design looks fantastic. I've seen a lot of Korean versions of musicals here but they've nearly all been of musicals I'd previously seen in English. I think the only one I saw in Korean without previously seeing an English version was Aida, and I was totally lost. I'm assuming the musical doesn't stray too far from the movie so I should be fine for this though, anyone who has seen the Broadway version can cofirm?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) here in Vancouver just announced their two shows, scheduled for next summer.

Hopefully, everything will "sort of" turn back to normal.

It's two musicals I know of, but am wondering how the general public will take to them...

"Something Rotten" and "We Will Rock You", that latter of which has music by Queen.

Should be a very interesting summer, next year. 🎭

• 3 weeks later...

Been a long, long time coming. And yes, I still enjoy the thrill of holding a Cast CD Recording in my hands, etc. ..... so ....

Now available on CD! https://www.ghostlightrecords.com/little-shop-of-horrors-new-off-broadway-cast-album.html

Now the other one I want to get on a CD (and not digitally) is Ride The Cyclone which I saw a production of here in Vancouver in ...... 2013?

Anyway, those of us who still enjoy cast recordings in CD format, will enjoy this one. Got rave reviews, I remember.

little_shop.jpg.e0de39847bb664a50b1a5b7e94190209.jpg

Now available on CD!

EDIT TO ADD: Now if they finally put "Ride The Cyclone" on a cd, AND put together (somehow) the original Revival cast of "On A Clear Day, You Can See Forever" (which got everybody to notice Jesse Mueller and a TONY nom for her part), I would be genuinely supremely happy! I mean, c'mon guys. I've seen musicals that lasted less than one week on Broadway, get cast albums done! ("High Fidelity" is one to name a few...) "Clear Day" ran for at least six months! Just get the leads together, and get a chorus rounded up. P-p-p-p-puhlease?

And this awesome, unexpected announcement!!! And this comes out, while I am still watching Beanie as Monica Lewinsky in the current "American Crime Story: Impeachment" series by Ryan Murphy.

The whole article is here: https://www.broadway.com/buzz/201383/the-greatest-star-heres-a-first-look-at-funny-girls-beanie-feldstein-as-fanny-brice/

And these are the two images posted in that article. Woo hoo!

FunnyGirl2022a.png.23930ede337bcda4fabd86e95833630e.png

The poster says it all - except that it's happening next year.

FunnyGirl2022b.png.9801ce6bd2a3a7d1fd9d75b93450838b.png

The Funny Girl to be, herself - Beanie Feldstein! So looking forward to hearing her sing!

• 1 month later...

Now running in London. It opened (and got put "on hold") just as theatres around the world were shutting down, due to you-know-what.

But it's running again, AND there's to be a cast recording of it, to be released next Spring.

And .... I would kill to see how they do "the car" onstage, etc.

The musical "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" had the same thing to deal with. A car that can fly onstage. And.... it did!

BackToTheFuture00.png.927b0a3d57e73811c7d4b402250e2b35.png

This is insanely awesome! There's this company called the American Dance Machine, and what they do, is re-create classic musical theatre ensemble dance numbers ... like it's keeping for future generations of Broadway Dancers, etc. Very cool idea. Here's the link to the latest they've done....

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/201578/hooray-for-tommy-tune-american-dance-machine-takes-on-the-will-rogers-follies-with-original-stars/

ADMtommytuneFollies.png.4e4283e8e98069729c714eeb9b80ecee.png

More Broadway Musical Goodness!

The cast of Mrs. Doubtfire did a number from their show during one of the morning tv shows. It's great that they're now NOT shying away from showing what their Mrs. Doubtfire is looking like, thanks to Rob McLure as the divine Mrs. D and a a pretty awesome cast. Here's the link to the performance clip.....

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/201588/get-ready-poppets-watch-rob-mcclure-the-cast-of-mrs-doubtfire-perform/

MrsDoubtfire.png.4cddcd71a1d822b418b7b7fc84703896.png