TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musicals

IceDragon

OMG

That - was - wonderful!!!

Thankyou for posting this.

***And I hope he gets nominated for an EMMY, lolol!***

(EDIT to add that was pretty quick and amazing writing, considering how random the winning really was, LOL.)

Wanted to let those know who were interested, that the new remake of the Sondheim/Weidman musical "Bounce", now called Road Show, is going to be available tomorrow from Amazon.com and reputable shops I assume.

This is the cast recording of the Public Theater production done last year, with Michael Cerveris (Tommy/Assassins/Sweeney Todd) and Alexander Gemignani (Assassins/Sweeney Todd/SundayInParkWithGeorge) in the lead roles, The Mizner Bros.

I'm looking forward to listening to it and comparing what was written and changed from the earlier 2003 production/recording.

RoadShow.jpg.11c4c6733de5b07d4cfb25cd6a0f754c.jpg

Heard it was a good production. Hopefully that comes out thru the recording, too. (o:

Ooh, I'm fascinated. Thanks for the tip.

Assassins is right up there with Into the Woods and Ragtime and Les Miserables for me. I'm really lucky-by the end of my senior year, I will have been in two, maybe three, of my four favorite musicals. Not my all-time favorite (Into the Woods), though, unfortunately.

And I just found out, and ordered of course....

9 to 5: The Musical

...which will be released on July 28th.

9to5TheMusical.jpg.1d121923a74c8174e34b80c66454de94.jpg

"Workin' nine to five, what a way to make a livin'..." - D.Parton, 2009 TONY Nominee for Best Score of a Musical (o:

I'm not particularly fond of musicals, but Across The Universe is one of the only ones I can stand, if you can call it a musical.

It's like a rock opera composed of redone Beatles songs. It's a great movie.

Now, my sister on the other hand, is completely obsessed with musicals. Rent, Bye Bye Birdie, every Disney one ever made, etc.

^Across the Universe is definitely a musical! It's a jukebox musical like Movin' Out and Mamma Mia. I wish they would do it for stage.

OH! And while I'm here, who else has seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?

I've listened to the soundtrack about a hundred times since I discovered it.

At music camp a couple weeks ago, two of the counselors did "My Eyes."

If you haven't seen it, watch it NOW! It's about 45 minutes and it will change your life.

"It's a brand new day."

What are you waiting for? Go watch it!

Well, I guess it was bound to happen someday - Sadly, Avenue Q will play its last performance on Broadway on September 13. At least it had a good run! It's been a while since I've seen it, but I'll have to try and go one more time this summer.

And I also just read that The Little Mermaid will be closing on August 30. That show had some flaws, but I actually liked it a lot! Oh well.

^ Ah that's sad to hear.

I was sort of hoping it would stay neck and neck with "Wicked" since they both opened within a few months (July-Oct) of each other in 2003.

Oh well. And Mermaid, too. Was interested in seeing how they pulled all the 'underwater' stuff off, onstage.

Maybe in a future tour, then.

I did get to see "Q" in it's preview weeks in London (2006) and I just loved it! Peed myself silly, lol! Even with the cultural changes (no mention of Gary Coleman) done here and there to the script. It was still a very - very - funny musical.

"There's a fine, fine line...."

That's too bad.

It was never any match for Wicked, though. I do not understand how Q won the Tony. I remember seeing Q and thinking, "Yeah, it's good, but it doesn't come close to Wicked."

But it was a great show with some really fun music and I'll miss it.

But hey, Avenue Q School Edition is not far off.

Across the Universe is definitely a musical! It's a jukebox musical like Movin' Out and Mamma Mia. I wish they would do it for stage.

OH! And while I'm here, who else has seen Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog?

I've listened to the soundtrack about a hundred times since I discovered it.

I think Across the Universe would make a great visual stage musical, and plplplplease have Julie Taymor again direct and conceive it like she did for the film.

And - having never heard any of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog but having read sooo much good stuff about it in various sites, including this one - decided to finally buy the DVD and the CD soundtrack of it, all at once!

And in keeping with theme (I think), also ordered my copy of the Off-Broadway hit musical, The Toxic Avenger.

It all seems to fit together, lol.

ToxicAvenger.jpg.07284cb3507a11851e9a250b85344359.jpg

Then "top" things off with some nice musical New Jersey toxic sludge..... mmmm.

DrHorriblesSingAlongBlogCD.jpg.7280101ff53b56c4a8065c5f9fa4e49d.jpg

...Then listen to the soundtrack recording of it. (o: (o:

DrHorriblesSingAlongBlogDVD.jpg.b29b9eff4fbaa7e65bc109d7e9d737c3.jpg

Will watch this first when I get it from Amazon.com (o:

Um, excuse me but what does ^ and ^^ have to do with this thread?

Thought I would ask.

Maybe you meant it to go into another thread and 'missed', lol.

I saw that too about Avenue Q closing. I went last year to two performances during the last week of Rent at the Nederlander and it was so incredibly emotionally stirring...dunno that Q will be the same, hah!

The Rent tour with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal will be coming out to SF the weeks before and after my birthday. Perfect timing, if I do say so myself. It's not a question of "if" I'm going, but how many times I will go!!!

I was looking into possible songs to perform at a showcase (to help make money for a production of children of eden that i'm in) and i ran across Next To Normal's I'm Alive and i'm in love.

Has anyone seen the show?

How is it?

I saw Next to Normal when it played Off-Broadway last year but haven't seen it on Broadway yet, so I'm not sure how much of it has changed. I thought it was decent, but some of my friends liked it a lot more than I did. Only a few of the songs stood out to me - I don't remember "I'm in Love", but "I'm Alive" is a good choice, I think.

Got my copy today, and am now listening to the brand-new CD recording of the Broadway Cast of Rock of Ages...

I love it!

Did anybody see this show, and how was it?

CD comes off as nasty and loud, lol.

Which is a great thing!

RockOfAges.jpg.ab58ac0a88634bf230f17b4cd2bb18f4.jpg

First half of it sounds great.