TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musicals

IceDragon

I just saw the revival of Hair on Broadway this past week and absolutely *loved* it! I've seen a few "concert" versions of it in the past, but this was my first time seeing a full staged production of it. It was so incredibly well done, with such a talented cast. I haven't felt this way about a show in a long time - It's definitely something I need to see again.

Don't forget that the Tony nominations are announced on Tuesday! I'm sure that Hair will be getting quite a few.

And here's the cast of Hair performing on David Letterman a few days ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P90GGonF6js

^ Well, if you don't get the chance to see the original cast of the revival onstage in NYC, Sh-K-Boom/Ghostlight Records is going to be releasing the CD of it pretty soon.

Can't wait!

Hair2009.jpg.7b6b9e8bb90c6c8c22faf51f6888a20e.jpg

What the CD cover should look like, when it's released.

I saw We Will Rock You when I was in London last week! I absolutely loved it!

I also want to see Spamalot...

I'm really not a fan of the story in We Will Rock You. I found it so contrived and a little pathetic to be honest. The music and singing though were incredible! I could sit through the crappy storyline any day to hear the songs again!

You might have some problems seeing Spamalot if you intend on seeing it in London, it closed on the 3rd Jan. I caught it on new years day and it was brilliant!

^^^ I like the sound of that cast! Seems like they would be fun to see on stage.

The cast is literally all over the theatre during the show! They even allow the audience up on stage during the curtain call.

I think I read that June 9 is the release date for the CD. I'm sure it's going to sound amazing!

I'm really not a fan of the story in We Will Rock You. I found it so contrived and a little pathetic to be honest. The music and singing though were incredible! I could sit through the crappy storyline any day to hear the songs again!

I agree, the plot sucks. But I still sat through the show 3 times because of the awesome music.

Heads up!

TONY Nominations come out tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

And we'll see who gets nominated for what, lol.

(And they'll be handed out on Sunday, June 7 - on CBS.)

I've been to many musicals ( as my mother works in the local theater )

But the best once so far are these :

Starligth Express (in germany), Phantom of the opera ( in England) and De drie musketeers ( dutch - The three musketeers )

I'm going to NY this summer , perhaps i'll also see one there

I saw Billy Elliot a few weeks ago. It was unreal. Definitely above and beyond anything else on broadway right now.

Well, you'll be happy to know it got 15 TONY Nominations! including a single, shared nom for the three young actors who rotate the part of Billy, for Lead Actor In A Musical.

That ties "The Producers" for Most Nominations Ever, for the TONYs, I believe.

Good going, I'd say.

EDIT to add www.tonyawards.com for all the nominations, etc. as well as... 33 days and counting, lol!

I saw Billy Elliot a few weeks ago. It was unreal. Definitely above and beyond anything else on broadway right now.

Well, you'll be happy to know it got 15 TONY Nominations! including a single, shared nom for the three young actors who rotate the part of Billy, for Lead Actor In A Musical.

I loved BE and am happy to see that it received so many nominations! But I found it a little strange that David Bologna was nominated for featured actor by himself, when he shares the role of Michael equally with Frank Dolce (who I saw).

I'm also thrilled that Gavin Creel and Will Swenson were nominated for their performances in Hair - they're both brilliant!

^ Hope you enjoyed it all.

With all the Tony nominations Billy Elliot received, I'm wondering if they'll give any consideration now to recording and releasing a Broadway cast cd of the show. I've had the London cast recording for some time now, and it's great. But it would be nice to have the New York cast's version with, somehow, all three of the boys playing Billy, included in it.

And - Sh-K-Boom records just announced that they'll be releasing the cd of the revival cast of HAIR on May 26!

I loved BE and am happy to see that it received so many nominations! But I found it a little strange that David Bologna was nominated for featured actor by himself, when he shares the role of Michael equally with Frank Dolce (who I saw).

I'm also thrilled that Gavin Creel and Will Swenson were nominated for their performances in Hair - they're both brilliant!

I'm actually not surprised David alone got the nom. He came very close to stealing the entire show.

Not exactly a musical (but close enough), but did anyone catch the Pilot for Glee on Fox? It's on www.Hulu.com if you want to catch it, and it's like High School Musical, but funny... and not as cheesey... and not Disney HA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERA2sUpeKKE

For fans of Broawdway the upcoming Fall season for the show has a ton of Broadway guest stars coming on, and they'll release a few of the songs from the episode on iTunes (Sumofabetch I hate Apple!) after the show airs. And one of the stars Lea Michele originated the role of Wendela in Spring Awakening (Which I saw her in New York two years ago before meeting up in Spain with some crazy people to ride roller coasters).

Plus it has Jane Lynch! I love that women.

Saw Glee.

It was great.

In the episode, the previous year's winner of the club competition doing "Rehab" was very very funny.

Looking forward to it when Glee comes back this fall for it's premier season.

Loved Glee. Favorite part was in the preview for the next weeks when the cheerleading coach says, "That was the most offensive thing I've ever seen, and that includes an elementary school production of Hair." ROFLMAO.

Right now there's a 90% chance we will do Ragtime this fall, a 7% chance we'll do Assassins, 2% Urinetown, and 1% something else. Perfect. Super excited.