TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Musicals

IceDragon

Just a quick update:

Halloween: The Musical is now available for download here:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/johnbdehaas

And for those who prefer iTunes:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/halloween-the-musical/id457124604

Soon it will be on Amazon, Last FM, etc....

Check it out! Thanks!

Edited by pianojohn

^

That looks awesome and crazy-wild, John!

But - I love my cds, so I will be looking foward to

getting my copy of the production on Amazon

or a site you could suggest? One for the

production, itself?

When the cd comes out, whoo hoo!

(EDIT to add, John - did "Theme Park Diva" ever come out

on a cd? I forgot if it had or not, and don't have it's link

any more, so.....? I still have the t-shirt! ~ Thanks in advance.)

You know, years ago, my late father came up with a musical version of the story of Dracula...using Gilbert and Sullivan songs.

I know, I was scratching my head at the concept too, but there are songs by the duo that REALLY work in the context of Dracula's story, and he made them work, in all his unusual talents. Take this song for instance, which was in the show...

I'm going to see Hairspray tomorrow at the Hollywood Bowl. SO EXCITED!

Ridiculously amazing! This is the review I wrote on ticktmaster

The cast was phenomenal

Hollywood Bowl - Hollywood, CA - Sat, Aug 6, 2011

Posted 08/10/2011

by HectorG This Fan's Reviews

The all star cast of The LA Philharmonics' presentation of Hairspray was absolutely phenomenal! There were great performances all around (including the two principals Marissa Jaret Winokur and Harvey Fierstein as Tracey and Edna Turnblad respectively and particularly scene stealing performance by former American Idol runner up Diana DeGarmo) and it's very easy to see why this show won so many awards!

Favorite moment: Harvey Fierstein made a "Price is Right" joke to Drew Carey and "You Can't Stop the beat!"

^ & ^^^

Lucky, lucky you two, lol!

We saw a show in the last week's run (mid-July) of a locally produced professional production of HS, and although it was really really good (And like you rosscoe, I had not seen any staged production of it, till now.) I do envy you guys getting to see and hear Winokur and Fierstein et al at the Bowl.

Green with envy - wish they'd made a DVD of it, HINT.

^ & ^^^

Lucky, lucky you two, lol!

We saw a show in the last week's run (mid-July) of a locally produced professional production of HS, and although it was really really good (And like you rosscoe, I had not seen any staged production of it, till now.) I do envy you guys getting to see and hear Winokur and Fierstein et al at the Bowl.

Green with envy - wish they'd made a DVD of it, HINT.

Speaking of a DVD check you tube, the whole show nis posted in bits and pieces there

• 1 month later...
^Congrats on your Best Actress nomination!

How exciting and fun to be recognized for your work.

"Break legs" up to the awards podium, lol!

Thank you! I'll let everyone know if I win!

Just realized I never updated this! I didn't win. But Danny took home two awards: Best Set Design, and Best Director. So, yay Danny!

I came to this thread to say that a friend gave me the Shrek the Musical soundtrack and I cannot get these songs out of my head. Me, Danny and the girls have all four been singing them for about two weeks straight. They are so infectious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Took my chance when we were in NYC to see Wicked on broadway and loved it! I'll have to go to the London one at some point and compare (apparently not to favourably!)

Dave

You have to see it! I was blown away by the West End version last October, if you get a show with Rachel Tucker performing as Elphaba, she has an incredible voice, sent shivers down my spine.

My top 6 (In no particular order):

Bare: A Pop Opera (Played Peter, VERY emotional and well put together show, amazing music!)

Rent (Got to play Mark, emotionally the hardest role to keep composure with, hit too close to my actual life..yea..)

Urinetown (Did the show twice, never gets old)

Sweeney Todd (It left a nice scar on the back of my head from failed flipping barber chair sending me into the set..)

In the Heights (Best line ever is from Vanessa- "I wish i was mad...i'm just too late..")

Wedding Singer (Also did this show, you can't go wrong with the 80's..)

Not really a fan of the old stuff, Cats for example, puts me to sleep every time within the first 20 minutes.. Phantom was a lot of fun..

I just saw the touring cast of The Addams Family in Charlotte on Wednesday and I could not believe how funny it was. We were laughing from start to finish.

Looking forward to seeing this in LA next year, cause the touring production has all new songs and a changed storyline to what I saw in New York last year.

I just saw the touring cast of The Addams Family in Charlotte on Wednesday and I could not believe how funny it was. We were laughing from start to finish.

Looking forward to seeing this in LA next year, cause the touring production has all new songs and a changed storyline to what I saw in New York last year.

What changed from the broadway version? I only get to see the touring casts.

• 2 weeks later...

^ How exciting, EB!

Is the production in Dutch

or in English language?

Or is it the London production you're seeing?

I am curious, because I have now heard some of "Wicked" in

two other languages (German and Japanese, off the 5th Anny 2-cd set!).

It's fun to listen to them, even though I don't understand the language,

but I do know the lyrics from the original show practically by heart, heh heh.

And we loved the tour (english) that came through here,

just before I went on the TPR Japan trip, this past summer.

Hope you do, too! Enjoy the show!

Wicked5thAnny.jpg.2ee695a61c880bb961901d06fc6c9e27.jpg

Here's the 2 cds' cover of the 5th Ann. of the show, with tracks from the Germany and Japan productions. Very cool stuff.

^ I do not know actually. It is the Dutch production by van den Ende. So it should be big, but they promote he show with both dutch and English songs. But it probably will be Dutch I guess. The role from Elphaba will be played by Willemijn Verkaik, who also played her in Germany. So she will be very into her role.

I am looking foreward to it.