TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Amusement Park Movie: "Adventureland"

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Pittsburgh WQED, our PBS station, has a rather interesting show called Dave and Dave's Excellent Adventures. Basically, the two Daves show us random stuff around Pittsburgh. They've done a few Kennywood shows, one of which involved the filming of this movie.

Also, here's a local news segment on the filming:

Adventureland still looks like a good comedy film to look forward to. I hope it still has the down to earth feeling of Superbad. One of the biggest reasons why I liked Superbad was that it really portrayed the same feeling of the last days of senior year.

It looks like Adventureland might pull that off again.

Didnt seem like there was a whole lot of ride footage there but I don't care because the movie looks great as a movie.

I recognized the kid from Juno, I'm not sure but I THINK that one of them might of been the guy that plays Dwight in "The Office"(though I gotta say, with long hair he was really hard to recognize), and the perosn playing hte mom from various comedies such as "Just shoot me".

I hope this movie is shown here in Israel, it looks cool

It looks interesting. I still thing he should have worked in rides, because everyone knows the best job at any park is ride operations.

Games is the life of the park always! or maybe thats just at SFA lol

This movie sounds awesome! Not like working at a real park but somewhat close. I cant wait til it comes out!

Didnt seem like there was a whole lot of ride footage there but I don't care because the movie looks great as a movie.

I recognized the kid from Juno, I'm not sure but I THINK that one of them might of been the guy that plays Dwight in "The Office"(though I gotta say, with long hair he was really hard to recognize), and the perosn playing hte mom from various comedies such as "Just shoot me".

I hope this movie is shown here in Israel, it looks cool

Umm, that's not the kid from Juno. The kid from Juno was in super bad but this is a different kid. Also Dwight is considerably older than the person you are reffering to.

So many folks saying he should've been a ride op.... but the whole point of the movie is that he thought it was going to be the worst job ever!

I can't imagine anyone at that age who wouldn't look forward to running the rides at a park, or at least view it as a fairly cool job.

I actually thought Juno was this movie - the coasters never showed up!

Adventureland sounds interesting I'll see it for sure.

They should make a movie about what it's like to be one of those seasonal workers who dorms it at places like Cedar Point, that might be interesting, though embellishments on reality may be required.

^Yeah, I figured the dwight thing shortly after posting. but you gotta admit he looks alot like him.

I think the actor that is reminding you of Dwight is Bill Hader. He's currently on SNL, but he's done quite a few comedies. Supporting roles, but he is good at what he does...which is a little on the bizarre side.

I'm looking forward to this one. I also think games is a much better set up for the storyline. Food service is pretty played out, glad they didn't go there for this pass at the whole coming of age thing. The interaction and possibilities for downtime and carny like fun...there's a wide variety of opportunities for weirdness and fun in the games area!

Shoot, just watch the TPR characters in action in the games area. Weird, wild, stuff!

^Yeah, I figured the dwight thing shortly after posting. but you gotta admit he looks alot like him.

I think the actor that is reminding you of Dwight is Bill Hader. He's currently on SNL, but he's done quite a few comedies. Supporting roles, but he is good at what he does...which is a little on the bizarre side.

He's talking about this guy, not Hader.

1059198987_Picture1.png.bf1ad895b8a8c277206659aee216e2bf.png

I wonder if Kennywood was the first choice for the filming of this movie or was there another park line up for this movie but for one reason or another ( usually thanks to poliitcs ) the movie people went elsewhere..and they found Kennywood?

Well either way..they picked a winner. Kennywood would be just about the only park outside of California that could be used as a movie location ( even though Kennywood I believe has in the past in fact said NO in appearing movies like Rollercoaster and Flashdance ) Hersheypark may be bigger than Kennywod but it would be impossible to make a movie there without the public thinking they are watching a 90 minute ad for Hershey Foods.

I have always heard that Pennsylvania is a very easy, liberal place to make movies. I can believe that since some states, I have read about over the years actually have rules in place as far as what can/can not be filmed within their state for example I seem to remember reading online a few years back where Alabama has this rule that no movie can be filmed there that uses foul language. if that is true well so much for Superbad 2 being filmed at Alabama Adventure.