TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

theme park where Myrtle Beach Pavilion is located...

I heard that the Myrtle Beach Pavalion was going to be took down and a theme park was going to be put it up! Im excitited if this is true, but i cant really imagine how a theme park would fit there. I heard thats why they were closing down their one coaster The Hurricane and their other main attraction, the Top Spin.

please post what you know about this subject, if in fact it is true.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The "outside forces" apparently involved the guys who were spearheading the project apparently not being as legitimate as initially believed.

The rumor (from Screamscape, at least) was that the new theme park was going to be in the Fantasy Harbor area - it was s'posed to be the first "Hard Rock Park." There were published articles that verified that bit, though little has been heard on it since.

I go to Myrtle Beach once a year...off season. Walking by the Pavillion when it's closed is somewhat creepy.

Like others have said, the proposed theme park is to go into Fantasy Harbor and be the first Hard Rock Cafe park. I don't what the latest is with this but as of last year, the project was supposed to be completed by 2006. I believe they were have trouble getting the funding for it at some point, so who knows when it will get built.

The redevelopment of the Pavillion is basically replacing it with a upscale shopping/hotels/entertainment area with a roller coaster thrown in to remind everyone that the Pavillion used to be there. So they want to replace one of the few remaining seaside amusement parks that has character and history with the town and replace it with the same crap that you can find in Las Vegas. It's no wonder the Mayor is fighting this all the way.

Epcotlova, what side of Florence do you live on that it only takes you 50 minutes to get there. Southside?

That's cool. Francis Marion is about the only place you would want to live on the east side of town. Yeah, I used to live on the extreme west side of town, so it used to take me about 20 minutes longer to get there (it really takes forever to get through town). There were a couple of times that I left for the beach from my work (down the road at Roche Carolina) and I could make it in about 40-45 minutes. I used to live in Florence for about 6 1/2 year before moving back here to south central PA. You can go ahead and insert a token "yankee go home" jab now if you like.

Well, Myrtle Beach is the beach destination of choice for most in Ohio. I remember when I lived in OH for a couple of years, that's were everyone talked about going. To Myrtle Beach for vacation. I guess the Great Lakes don't cut it.