TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Underrated Coasters?

Ninja @ SFoG is way underrated to me, I love that ride, and all you hear about it are bad things! I have never ridden this ride in the front, and only ride in the special seat though! When you can enjoy it without having to worry about banging your head, it really is a good ride...

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ninja @ SFoG is way underrated to me, I love that ride, and all you hear about it are bad things! I have never ridden this ride in the front, and only ride in the special seat though! When you can enjoy it without having to worry about banging your head, it really is a good ride...

Whats the special seat?

and i think that Manhattan Express is underrated because it's actully not that rough except for the first drop and the turn.

^^^ Ninja's awesome!

Others:

California Screamin' (Pre-Trims, at least)- A fun, fun ride. It has/had airtime. The best "Disney" coaster I've been on.

Knoebel's Twister- This thing is nuts! It's has a great combination of laterals, speed, and, yes, airtime. I'd even go as far as too say I prefer this to Pheonix (both are awesome rides, though).

^ I also belong to that "Twister is Underated" sect, but there are others. At PPP you can always find about a dozen people that can't get enough of it.

At it's best (which is usually night in late season), that thing is just flat out insane. The Air-Turn-Dive jack move right before the helix is amazing when the ride is running on all cylinders.

Wild Train @ Erlebnispark Strasswalchen. Well, its not really underrated, its just that not much people talk about it and I can understand why as its in the middle of nowhere in Austria. But that ride is fantastic! Wild turns and insane ejector airtime. You will get bruised if you ride it a couple of times, but its absolutely worth it.

Megablitz @ Prater park was also very good. It may be built by Vekoma 11 years ago, but its really smooth and those helixes pulls some serious G-forces.'

I also think that the classic Schwarzkopf Looping Star's are underrated. Smooth, powerful ride with only a lapbar above your legs.

Top Gun @ Paramounts Carowinds: One of the best inverted coasters, ever.

Magnum XL-200: I personally think it's underrated, but that's probably because it's not in its prime anymore. 15 years later, it's still one helluva ride.

Volcano @ Paramount's King's Dominion: Like Top gun, one of the best inverted coasters.

For some reason, Paramount Park Coasters don't get the respect they deserve. But that's probably b/c they don't build tall record breakers or speed demons like other chains.

I know I'm going to get a lot of heat for this, but one of the most underrated IMHO is also one of the most hated: Flashback. I LOVED it! I never experienced head banging ONCE due to a trick my cousin taught me right before riding my first time. The hairpin dives were awesome and that helix of doom at the end was the perfect ending. It was a great way to start your day at the Mountain.

Whats the special seat?

The special seat/s are the ones in the second to last car, and in the last car, the ones that aren't over the wheels specifically, but they all ride well!

Eurostar. I do not know if this is underrated or not talked about to much, but is one hell of a ride.

Basically, Eurostar is an inverted coaster designed by Oscar Brusch and manufactured by Intamin and uses 4 abreast seating. The inversions are: vertical loop, inline twist, corkscrew, corkscrew. The ride itself is a little rough, though refurbishment has made is better now, and is very, very intense. The ride also travels around German fairs...

Photos:

http://www.parkfunworld.be/coasterdumois/2003/ES8.jpg

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eurostar/eurostar02g.jpg

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eurostar/eurostar44g.jpg

http://www.coastersandmore.com/pic/eurostar/eurostar55g.jpg

More information:

http://www.coastersandmore.de/rides/eurostar/eurostar_eng.shtml

Dominator- Though it doesn't go without ever getting mentioned, I don't think it gets mentioned nearly as much as it should. This is seriously a stellar ride.

Judge Roy Scream- Alright, so this isn't an incredible coaster or anything, but it is a really fun little coaster. I guess naturally, if it's not a top ten coaster then it's not going to get a lot of comments, but I was really shocked by this ride. Top ten? Not really, but I never expected it to be as good as it was.

^ I also belong to that "Twister is Underated" sect, but there are others. At PPP you can always find about a dozen people that can't get enough of it.

At it's best (which is usually night in late season), that thing is just flat out insane. The Air-Turn-Dive jack move right before the helix is amazing when the ride is running on all cylinders.

Or: Just ride it in a downpour. It was painful getting beat by the rain, but Twister was unbelieveable in the rain. It combined the great lats with Phoenix-esque airtime. It still ranks as my best lap on a coaster I've ever had.

Unless I missed it, Thunder Run at SFKK hasn't been mentioned. Easily the best (or Top 2 or 3) Dinn coasters. Tons of airtime and a fun little layout. I had 3 or 4 outstanding rides back in 2003. The park sucks, but Thunder Run was worth the time.

Speed: The Ride at Sahara Hotel in Las Vegas - Excellent Premier launched coaster, loads of fun and forces, very rerideable; definitely the best coaster in Nevada.

And you left out the Stripside visuals, which are pretty fabulous. I'll be there tomorrow, an all-day comped pass in my hand...

X@SFMM. The internet has distorted the truth. It's a good ride. And i'm betting all you people would miss it & be outraged if some time in the near future SFMM decided to yank it out.

Another underated ride would be the boomerang clones. They're great fun, although I can only take about 1 ride on them. If I marathon it, then I usually have a headache going home (My old school goes to knotts for Sade's or however its spelled, so in between dancing, I usually marathon Boomerang as no one else is usually in line.)

Another Underated ride is the Vekoma hang & Bang (SLC) I think its great fun! In fact, I'd say a lot of Vekoma's are underated. Granted they aren't marathoners, but they're good fun.