TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Underrated Coasters?

I would have to say...

Kumba: It doesn't get ranked badly but when people talk about BGA it is usually Montu/Sheikra and sometimes Scorpion and hardly mention Kumba which despite it's relative age it is awesome.

Tennessee Tornado: When I rode it I really enjoyed it. Short yes, and a little rough but no headbanging in my opinion.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ones that I like more than other people:

Cedar Point:

Gemini: This is my favorite coaster there! The racing, the airtime, and the fun with friends!!

Blue Streak: For an older wood coaster at a corporate park, this one is amazingly smooth and with wonderful pops of air!!

Dissster Transport: Yes, it's corny, and lame to many! But it's a fun bobsled coaster. Too bad it's not a capacity machine...

Kings Island:

Adventure Express

Kings Dominion

Anaconda

Avalanche

Rebel Yell

more to come...

I'm gonna get suicide bombed for saying this, but Windjammer Surf Racers at KBF was, in my opinon, very under rated. It was my first ever roller coaster ride and I do not remember the headbanging and roughness that everyone has complained about. It didn't break down when I was in line for it, but I guess that's uncommon concidering it's a TOGO I rode the red track (cuz the yellow wasn't running) and I enjoyed it. I would have gone again if my parent's would have let me. I was sad when they took it down.

I have to agree with a couple coasters mentioned in the last few posts, Tennessee Tornado and Avalanche @ Kings Dominion.

...and I have to politely disagree about Hurler @ KD. I think it's a piece of s*** that should be torn down and a Balder clone put in it's place.

Ghostrider at Knotts

Still probably Calfornia's best woody or at least so cals best woody because i have not been to great adventure to ride grizzly but i dont know why ghostrider gets such a bad rep because it has a hell of a lot of airtime and the second half of the ride is really hard to keep your hands up because of the supports right above your head.

^I've ridden Grizzly at Paramount's Great America, ridden Ghostrider, ridden Colossus, and ridden The Giant Dipper at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. I'd have to say, The Giant Dipper is by far the best in my opinion. It's not as big as Ghostrider, but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable, and provides more ejector air time. I still haven't had a chance to ride Roar at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom though, but I will get on that one in about a month!

Adventure Express at PKI

YES!!! good call! I LOVE that ride. BEST MINE TRAIN EVER!!

I second Thunder Run. The thing is amazing in the back! great air!

All Schwartzkopf shuttle loops. I love those things. They are almost NEVER mentioned.

EDIT: Georgia Cyclone too!

Ghostrider at Knotts

Still probably Calfornia's best woody or at least so cals best woody because i have not been to great adventure to ride grizzly but i dont know why ghostrider gets such a bad rep because it has a hell of a lot of airtime and the second half of the ride is really hard to keep your hands up because of the supports right above your head.

It has a bad reputation because it's a jackhammering piece of crap. Obviously, it was a great ride when CCI built it.

Adventure Express at PKI

YES!!! good call! I LOVE that ride. BEST MINE TRAIN EVER!!

I second Thunder Run. The thing is amazing in the back! great air!

All Schwartzkopf shuttle loops. I love those things. They are almost NEVER mentioned.

EDIT: Georgia Cyclone too!

I agree with all of those, except for adventure express, because I have not been on it. I especially agree with Schwartzkopf shuttle loopers. I have only been on one, but it was really fun.

Ghostrider at Knotts

I agree, it's my favorite wooden coaster of all time at the moment. That will change, though, when I go to GADV in June.

I don't hear much talk about Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at Carowinds besides threads on Carowinds and Inverts. This coaster is really a hidden jem! Smooth ride with insane inversions taken at the perfect speed. Though I wish they put in another zero-g instead of the little hop over the station. I lurve my zero-g's!