TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Underrated Coasters?

Ok, here's my list of underrated rides:

Yankee Cannonball: I've heard many complants about it, but my whole town agree that the Cannonball is awsome! Great airtime with only the smooth parts not having airtime! Also with a great feeling of speed with comfy PTC trains makes this ride my favorite.

LNM: Many people think its boring, but I don't! My first looper was definetly a great one! An intense first drop, hangtime in the loops and a inclosed helix make this a great ride! Only one bang thoughout all of my 6 times riding even though its almost 30 years old! My only complant is that it is overtrimed.

That list has increased.

Speed Loop-Funderland Fair. On CoasterForce, Emby complaned about it being rough and Coaster Maniac complained about it being boring. Other than the boring hill at the end with no airtime, I couldn't find a problem with it. I found it to be a smooth, forceful ride with some airtime on the first drop and a pretty weird loop (went from being forceful to insane hangtime and back to being forceful). A good 8.5 in my book.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deja Vu - Yeah it's very unreliable, but when it is open, it's a great ride and worth the wait, definitely my favorite ride at SFMM.

Dominator (GL) - A very good and long floorless with a unique layout.

Wicked Twister - The back seat on this is so insane.

Gemini @ CP

The airtime is fantastic in the back car. They were running 3 trains on BOTH sides during my visit, so the line was short. Take that Magic Mountain!

Racer @ KI

Front seat is nice, but Back seat is AWSOME! backwards airtime is a sensation to BEHOLD!

Ninja @ MM

Best ride in the park IMHO. Nice theming, pretty terrain, Short lines. It may not be as fast as KI's Top Gun, but this ride has the perfect hillside location that simply MAKES the ride.

Wildcat @ CP

Cool colors, fast operations, and a glass smooth ride, with bits of floater time!

Iron Dragon @ CP

It has an actual FIRST DROP, unlike Ninja, but has a long ride, unlike Top Gun. It's the best of both worlds. Absolutely no line.

Corkscrew @ CP

3 train operation during my trip. Unbelivable. There was barely enogh room on the track for 3 trains! Smoothest Arrow looper I've been.

High Roller @ Valleyfair

Excellent airtime and folding lap bars. NICE!!!

Psycho Mouse @ GA

Smooth turns, comfortable cars, and airtime. To this day, the only non-spinning mouse coasters I can enjoy are Arrow's.

Flashback @ MM

I rode it when I was 7. It opened up for an hour at the end of the day, so I squeesed in a ride. I loved it, and I felt no pain what-so-ever. I never got to ride it again

Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. Best airtime on any coaster out there.

I forgot to post that one. It's so true. It's the only coaster Ive ever been on that doesn't have an actual lap bar. My knees actualy hit the handle bar on the Double-Dip!

I thought it would be a cute ride, but it was a huge suprize! Kennywood was the suprize of my PA trip. It was our first park and we weren't expecting much. Phantom and Jack Rabbit are now in my top 10! The combined airtime on those coasters are f**king sick! I think we rode them each 4-5 times.

A few more under-rated coasters:

Exterminator @ Kennywood

Very thrilling with an excellent theme and design. Awsome fire effects.

Great Bear @ Hershypark

Everyone says it's a stupid B&M. I say thats bullsh!t! Deffinetly the best 1st drop on any inverted coaster.

Hydra @ Dorney Park

It may not be rip-ass forcefull, but its a REALLY great ride! Its nice for families, and produces great floater time in the back seat.

Iron Dragon at Cedar Point: People knock on this ride because it's slow and doesn't have the biggest drop in the world. This is one of my top three rides of all time. It's not like I'm scared to ride the super tall and fast coasters because I do ride them. I just love Iron dragon.

Wildthing at Valleyfair: This is by far the best morgan built hyper-coaster. People say that Magnum XL200 is the best but Wildthing as pretty good air time and is a all around a great ride. Besides Wildthing is a good name. Magnum XL200 is the stupidest coaster name of all time.

Iron Dragon at Cedar Point: People knock on this ride because it's slow and doesn't have the biggest drop in the world. This is one of my top three rides of all time. It's not like I'm scared to ride the super tall and fast coasters because I do ride them. I just love Iron dragon.

Wildthing at Valleyfair: This is by far the best morgan built hyper-coaster. People say that Magnum XL200 is the best but Wildthing as pretty good air time and is a all around a great ride. Besides Wildthing is a good name. Magnum XL200 is the stupidest coaster name of all time.

Magnum is an Arrow. Also, why is the name stupid? It makes perfect sense. Magnum = Magnus (Latin for "Great", the rides size), XL (Extra large, again, the size) 200 (first coaster to break 200 feet).

Anyway, I have to agree on Iron Dragon. It's a really fun little ride, I have no idea why most enthusists bash it so much. Also Blue Streak and Wicked Twister at CP are overlooked rides, but alot of fun.

From what i've been on...

Blue Streak (CP) - simply stunning

Wicked Twister (CP) - the back is absolutly amazing, better than TTD's twisted drop

DeJa Vu (SFGAm or anywhere else for that matter) - when it's up and running, it is my second favortie at the park

Raging Bull (SFGAm) - twist and drops > drops

The Boss (SFStL) - first double down drop rocks, very suprising

Mr Freeze (SFStL) - that top hat backwards is very cool

The Legend (HW) - better than raven

Tennessee Tornado (DW) - how can you not love it

Right now I can think of two coasters I thought would be crap, but loved.

Loch Ness -BGE, I thought it was going to be a rough arrow, but it was great.

Airtime, great G's, I loved it.

Also, there is my number one:

Batwing at SFA.

I had heard bad things about Flying Dutchmen, and Its a Vekoma...

But DANG was it a crazy ride.

I have to admit I really love Wicked Twister. It never gets much attention, however, if you sit in the back, it feels like you are going to fly off the track! Don't pass up this coaster if you are at CP. I also have to add Mantis, Volcano, and the most underrated coaster is Kraken at Sea World. That ride rocks!

Recently The Grizzly at Kings Dominion has been being trashed on another board I'm on. Still is a great ride to me.

I also think SooperDooperLooper at Hersheypark gets overlooked, as well as my namesake, The Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom.