TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's the closest big city near your hometown

Gav-

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Did you just say 19+ million!? I shudder at the thought of traffic in that city.

I live in Mississauga, Ontario...with a population of 730,000 it's a pretty big city itself. It's a suburb of Toronto though (2+ million in the heart of the city) with the entire Greater Toronto Area reaching over the 5 million mark.

^ Did you just say 19+ million!? I shudder at the thought of traffic in that city.

Yep, it is 19+ million! I am here for 3 weeks and I have seen just a very little piece of it. Traffic here is amazing, nearly no one is looking for red traffic lights in the night, which really scares me!

• 7 months later...

In the country, I'd say Calgary or Edmonton, "next door" in Alberta.

But out of the country (30 miles from The Border), and only 141 miles away... Seattle!

Melbourne, home of the Australian Open tennis, Grand Prix, melbourne Cup horse race(public holiday-how cool is that!), Bells Beach surf, great restaurants and nite life. Oh and the best game in the world Australian rules football-Go Tiges.

Bowling Green is 74 miles away, Louisville is 66 miles away, Elizabethtown is 43 miles away, and Owensboro is 52 miles away.

Oh yeah, and SANTA CLAUS, IN is 33.5 miles away!